Floki and Wilson

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decaro said:
Do you have a single fact to back any of these claims up?
Generally those who lose S2K battles don't get banned unless they throw a temper tantrum in !a or otherwise return to the scene, I highly doubt Wilson was the innocent victim you make him out to be.
Uh what.

It's common knowledge, and I believe that it was written in the Baldry rules, that they are free to engage on Shoot to kill everyone they wanted.

He was banned for roleplaying with a Baldry, for some hours.

I'll make a summary because apparently your limited brain cannot understand more than one line of words.

-Both sides are trying to defend themselves, no proofs to back their claims up are given. The screenshots in the first page shows that yes, they have been killed. It doesn't show that they were engaged when they were roleplaying or that they tried to escape when they got shot. So, Wilson and Floki, or the other side who got killed could be lying.

-*They are not. My mistake, didn't check. They are not two shitty users who RDM randomly when they feel like to.

-One baldry got deleted, the other won't probably be used.

Happy?

Nice substanceless flame and flamebait. Can you stop posting before I report you for being a sympathizer of idiocracy?

Altair- You don't even understand the reasoning behind my "RDM" bans and I certainly don't have any bans for destroying RP.

I'll remind you once again (because you try to mislead everyone every chance you get) that I DM (not randomly) people who are acting with intent to disrupt roleplay.

Baldries exist to RDM. They deathmatch randomly. They are by definition RANDOM DEATHMATCHERS.

I shoot the dipshits who minge around people who are trying to RP and refuse to quit when asked to. That isn't random and particularly when there are no admins available to handle a situation it's entirely justifiable.

Altairp said:
It's common knowledge, and I believe that it was written in the Baldry rules, that they are free to engage on Shoot to kill everyone they wanted.

He was banned for roleplaying with a Baldry, for some hours.

I'll make a summary because apparently your limited brain cannot understand more than one line of words.

-Both sides are trying to defend themselves, no proofs to back their claims up are given. The screenshots in the first page shows that yes, they have been killed. It doesn't show that they were engaged when they were roleplaying or that they tried to escape when they got shot. So, Wilson and Floki, or the other side who got killed could be lying.

-*They are not. My mistake, didn't check. They are not two shitty users who RDM randomly when they feel like to.

-One baldry got deleted, the other won't probably be used.

Happy?

What Baldry rules? I don't see any 'Baldry rules' anywhere on the forums, and if they really did exist then they'd be on the rules and regulations thread like every other fucking rule. And you've got at least four-five people backing up the claims that they S2Ked people without any provocation or valid reason whatsoever.

1. Baldries aren't allowed to be on unless Dave / Gangleider is.
2. Baldries have to occupy a house, or a very small area to ambush incoming people, not stroll around the map aimlessly.

It's an excuse to RDM as far as I am concerned, last time something similar happened Drakens banned Wilson and a part of his agreement for the said unban was to dissolve the baldries completely.

why do baldries exist? why can monolith not function as baldries do - basically as a blanket antagonistic faction?

The only time I've been banned for using a Baldry is the instance Altair is referring to, in which I decided not to S2K senselessly, but instead to RP. I was RDMd mid-RP and then banned for "being stupid" on a Baldry.

Create RP on a Baldry through RP and be banned for "being stupid."
Create S2K on a Baldry while avoiding most RPers and have Mao ask for you to be punished for "being stupid."

Can't win.

And I guess Ruxandra is now a Baldry expert who can pull rules out of his ass? Baldries were never confined to a "small house" or structure or fortification unless it was part of an event with some sort of loot involved, and Dave didn't want us leaving it unattended. If you want to fight me on technicalities, I'd be happy to enlighten you, as I'm the one who wrote up an official guidebook for how Baldries ought to behave, which Dave approved of and had me distribute to all Baldries for the sake of consistency.

And finally, I didn't even use a Baldry character when I went out with Floki. I deleted the character several months ago. I had a suit on my event character, and a rifle, and I used those.

Now can everyone who was not there please stop pretending to know anything about what Floki and I did, where we went, when/who we chose to engage, and generally anything else relating to conclusions and judgment?

And on a final note, to respond to the instructions to pull out your gravgun if you don't want to be shot, one player actually did do that, and Floki and I noticed and stopped firing immediately. Granted he then just ran to town and got three of his friends to open up at us from the front gate, but we didn't shoot him.

On a final final note, who just had the itching need to revive this topic? It's still going nowhere.

EDIT:

Find below the official Baldry rulebook. It was kept to PMs for the sake of people not exploiting the courtesy rules. Anyone who has ever had a Baldry while I was around can attest to the legitimacy of this.

Wilson said:
So the Guidebook finally got approval from Dave. The public section has already been posted in the Mutant forum section, as instructed. Here is the private section: everything you need to know to behave properly, OOCly.

To avoid exploitation, this should remain private. If anybody has a Baldry but did not receive this PM, refer them to me directly. Do your part and ask your Baldry comrades when you see them! "Hey, did you get Wilson's PM about the OFFICIAL BALDRY GUIDEBOOK, PRIVATE SECTION? No? PM him!" Or if you're feeling extra proactive, PM me their Baldry character name and OOC name and forum name.

This message shall be sent to all players with newly-acquired Baldry characters by myself at my earliest convenience.

PM me back with any questions. If I don't have an answer, I'll twist Dave's titties until he gives me one.

How are Baldries expected to act, IC and OOC?
People with Baldry characters should remember at all times that their characters are meant to be primitive. When communicating amongst eachother, one should have their character speak with a language similar to the Orcs of Warhammer 40K/Fantasy;
IE: "Me go shoot stoopid oomans, they invade lands. Grruargh!"
But please note, Baldries do NOT speak nor understand any civilized language. Communication with and understanding Stalkers is impossible.

When Baldries engage S2K, they are expected to politely S2M until the defending party is aware they are being shot at and can retaliate. In heated firefights, Baldries should focus on targets who are carelessly out in the open, and seek to suppress those in cover. The object is not to kill everyone and come out on top--remember, they're living corpses. Recoil and aim, as well as sight, is all an issue for them. A Baldry should never engage in a S2K fight when the odds are against him, and should flee if engaged in such a case, unless (s)he is defending a spot of some sort of religious or territorial importance. The complexity of combat maneuvers, such as flanking, baiting, etc. is left to the personal discretion of the player behind the Baldry. If you have to think for more than a moment to come up with a plan, you probably should not enact it IC.

Baldries are never to be play-to-win (unless specified by the parameters of an event), but they should not go easy on people who play stupid. Rookies are the exception to this rule, as they may not yet be accustomed to proper S2K etiquette and the fundamentals of self-preservation in a virtual Role-Play environment. How hard you fight should be proportional to the organization and equipment tier of the attackers/defenders, for the sake of ensuring the conflict is a challenge, but not impossibly overwhelming for either side.

Under no circumstances is an engaged Baldry to holster an equipped weapon. This is also illegal for normal characters, and the punishment will be equally severe.

I've died, can I return to the fight?
Once killed, it is assumed that a Baldry is under the constraints of the New Life Rule (NLR). In some events, NLR will not apply. In these cases, the Baldry, upon respawning, will be taking the place of an IC character. Most events of this nature impose a life limit upon the Baldries involved. Under no circumstances is a Baldry to ignore the demands of NLR when outside of an event setting, and IC character replacement should strictly follow the parameters set by the overseeing administrator.

Okay, what about items, specifically looting/being looted, or gifting?
Under no circumstances is a Baldry character to provide a Stalker with any items or artifacts, the only exceptions being the above-mentioned case of a robbery or some other quality Role-Play.
IE: If a Baldry has just picked up an object, or has found something of interest and is holding it in hand when suddenly confronted by an armed Stalker, the first reaction would likely be to throw it at their opponent's head and bolt.

(Provided the language barrier, though, any attempted robberies of Baldries will likely result in death, and though server rules prohibit the looting of an NLR-bound character, the rule was enacted to prevent characters from shooting people instantly and looting the corpse to feed their sick script-playish banditry. The surrendering of weapons should be decided before the NLR takes effect to prevent conflicts. Weapons dropped during a melee fight or chase are also fair-game for looting.)

Baldries who loot weaponry from corpses should wait until the fight is completely over before taking the items, or in a desperate situation, until there is a safe pause. In the case of a pause, the item in question should be picked up with an RP line of adequate length. (/me picks up the ____. is not acceptable. Instead, aim for /me places a hand around the dropped rifle, prying it from the cold, dead grasp of the downed Stalker and slipping the sling over his/her neck before returning to the fight). Never should a Baldry physgun or gravgun a weapon or other item and run away mid-fight to pick it up later.

Wilson said:
The only time I've been banned for using a Baldry is the instance Altair is referring to, in which I decided not to S2K senselessly, but instead to RP. I was RDMd mid-RP and then banned for "being stupid" on a Baldry.

Create RP on a Baldry through RP and be banned for "being stupid."
Create S2K on a Baldry while avoiding most RPers and have Mao ask for you to be punished for "being stupid."

Can't win.

And I guess Ruxandra is now a Baldry expert who can pull rules out of his ass? Baldries were never confined to a "small house" or structure or fortification unless it was part of an event with some sort of loot involved, and Dave didn't want us leaving it unattended. If you want to fight me on technicalities, I'd be happy to enlighten you, as I'm the one who wrote up an official guidebook for how Baldries ought to behave, which Dave approved of and had me distribute to all Baldries for the sake of consistency.

And finally, I didn't even use a Baldry character when I went out with Floki. I deleted the character several months ago. I had a suit on my event character, and a rifle, and I used those.

Now can everyone who was not there please stop pretending to know anything about what Floki and I did, where we went, when/who we chose to engage, and generally anything else relating to conclusions and judgment?

And on a final note, to respond to the instructions to pull out your gravgun if you don't want to be shot, one player actually did do that, and Floki and I noticed and stopped firing immediately. Granted he then just ran to town and got three of his friends to open up at us from the front gate, but we didn't shoot him.

On a final final note, who just had the itching need to revive this topic? It's still going nowhere.

EDIT:

Find below the official Baldry rulebook. It was kept to PMs for the sake of people not exploiting the courtesy rules. Anyone who has ever had a Baldry while I was around can attest to the legitimacy of this.

I don't actually see anywhere that specifically states that Baldries are excempt from the standard S2K rules.

Zombiedude101 said:
I don't actually see anywhere that specifically states that Baldries are excempt from the standard S2K rules.

Regardless of whether the rule is written or not (at the moment it may not be but it was in the past when the Baldry topic in the Mutant forum still existed), as I have stated before, the administration still acknowledges its existence, and it is still valid.

Let me see if I have a copy of the substance of the public post somewhere.

EDIT: Here. A lot of it is irrelevant backstory garbage, but the part you care for is under "I see one, what do I do." The greyed out part was later amended. The text this color was added in soon after.

It should also be noted that the Baldry S2K rules are also within the "Zone Tips" that scroll along the bottom of the loading screen when you connect to the server. It goes something like 'Baldries are ferocious mutants that (are shitbrained and stupid), and will not hesitate to engage you on sight. All engagements with them are to be assumed S2K.'

Public said:
What is a Baldry, exactly?
Baldries are essentially the cavemen of the Zone; their weaponry is often outdated or in horrid condition, and some are known to even carry spears, flailing devices, and other more primitive tools of war. They are semi-intelligent mutants, and another type of Zone zombie: put simply, corpses that are still living. As such, they are covered in a liquid similar to pus, as common for all decaying corpses. Their wounds do heal, but at a deccelerated rate, and they are weaker than an average human. The only plus side of their condition is a slight immunity to pain.

Additionally, their higher brain functions and complex reasoning skills are no more--even their language has been reduced to primal grunts, groans, and roars; but even in their deathly state, they maintain the characteristics of humanity: loyalty to their kind, a fierce territoriality, and devotion to religion. However, Baldries are smart enough to create their own crude weaponry, barricades, traps, and (in some cases,) siege machines. Though the key word here is crude, it does not mean they aren't effective. Most would be made from everyday materials, or even the salvaged armoring of ruined military-grade vehicles.

And, of course, as all living things, they must eat. Their diet consists of various plants and roots, but they are known to procure the corpse of a mutant (or even a Stalker) to cook as a special treat.

What is the Baldry religion?
All Baldries were originally ordinary humans, most of them Stalkers, transformed into what they are by a mysterious artifact known commonly as the Baldry Stone (The Stone). The transformation from man to Baldry can happen anywhere from between a couple days to a week, but it is often too late to realize what is going on until it happens. But fear not! One only becomes a Baldry through contact with the Stone.

Given its properties, the Stone is held by the Baldries to be a highly sacred object and essentially their Zone-diety and creator. Seeing the Stone is an invaluable honor to any Baldry, and they would all give their lives to protect or retrieve it without a second thought.
Because the Stone does not speak (at least not to the common Baldry), they rely on Priests and Preachers of the Stone to relay its wishes to them. Most notable of these is High Priest Bon, known to the Stalkers as "Big Bon Baldry." Donning a massive exo suit and countless layers of kevlar, he is by far the oldest and wisest of the Baldries. He is seen as a legendary figure, and worshipped almost as highly as the Stone itself.

I see a Baldry, what do I do?
Baldries are always open-season for S2K. You may engage them on sight, unless it appears that they are in an RP situation. as they will do the same to you.

As the majority of Baldry equipment is generated by an administrator or stolen through roleplay or S2K victories, one cannot loot a Baldry of more than the weapon he is currently holding, as not every item in his or her inventory is IC. The suits they use are exclusive to Baldry characters and cannot be taken.

I want a Baldry character. Who do I talk to?
Dave Brown, leader of the TnB community, is the man to ask about creating a Baldry character. If, by chance, your character is turned into one through contact with the Stone, or your character has the Stone in his or her possession, Dave should be informed at the earliest convenience.

Wilson said:
Look dude, you can re-post that argument all you want, but the meat and bone of the matter is simply that regardless of whether the rule is written or not (at the moment it may not be but it was in the past when the Baldry topic in the Mutant forum still existed), the administration still acknowledges its existence.

Let me see if I have a copy of the substance of the public post somewhere.

EDIT: Here. A lot of it is irrelevant backstory garbage, but the part you care for is under "I see one, what do I do." The greyed out part was later amended. The text this color was added in soon after.

Still seems pretty fucking cheap not to include this as a note alongside the rest of the standard server rules, and not only that but you violated the requirement to have a Baldry leader (AKA Gangleider or Dave) on the server and directly leading you, and at no point did you attempt to S2M. Also haven't you been banned for this kind of thing before?

We did S2M from afar, except for once the battle had begun and we started stumbling upon Stalkers running around with their rifles up looking for us, or moving towards our position (and stopping to RP amongst themselves) armed and ready to kill.

I admitted it once and will admit again, I stumbled upon a group of three that had stopped to chat amongst themselves right after taking pot shots at Floki's position, and I opened fire upon them indiscriminately when I reached them. Once I realized they had been in RP, however, (in the midst of an S2K they had participated in,) I stopped firing. This was after one man had been killed and a presumably unarmed Rookie had been shot through him. I refunded the shotgun that was lost at that instance, and did not pursue or further assault the third player who retreated with haste.

I can't speak for Floki in regards to that unban request you linked.

In the past, three people were trusted with supervising Baldries. Dave, Gangleider, and myself. (Any admin could approve their use if they wanted, though.) I was with Floki for the majority of the most recent set of firefights, but at one point we were separated. Regardless, it was a supervised happening, with OOC warning throughout.

Wilson said:
We did S2M from afar, except for once the battle had begun and we started stumbling upon Stalkers running around with their rifles up looking for us, or moving towards our position (and stopping to RP amongst themselves) armed and ready to kill.

I admitted it once and will admit again, I stumbled upon a group of three that had stopped to chat amongst themselves right after taking pot shots at Floki's position, and I opened fire upon them indiscriminately when I reached them. Once I realized they had been in RP, however, (in the midst of an S2K they had participated in,) I stopped firing. This was after one man had been killed and a presumably unarmed Rookie had died through him. I refunded the shotgun that was lost at that instance, and did not pursue or further assault the third player who retreated with haste.

I can't speak for Floki in regards to that unban request you linked.

In the past, three people were trusted with supervising Baldries. Dave, Gangleider, and myself. (Any admin could approve their use if they wanted, though.) I was with Floki for the majority of the most recent firefights, but at one point we were separated. Regardless, it was a supervised happening, with OOC warning throughout.

What battle? You just gunned down people who were either RPing or trying to retreat.

Zombiedude101 said:
What battle? You just gunned down people who were either RPing or trying to retreat.

It all began when a single man walked into the Monolith compound as we were headed out. Floki and I S2M'd to scare him off, and he ran for ~30m before ducking behind a tree and trying to "hide." We shot him as we walked past.

From there we headed to the church, and the broken building beside it. It was at this time that a rookie in an anorak was spotted, and we engaged him with S2M. He instantly brought up his gravgun and ran back to the town. Almost immediately two or three men at the front gate started firing, and another made his way to the roof of Dave's barn. Floki retreated through the church-town to the half-ruined brick building by the abandoned Duty HQ. I moved atop the cliffside and down the main road, flanking the group that had fired upon us. They were found by the truck at the fence, and one was still armed. I S2M'd as I drew closer to alert them, and immediately the one armed opened fire while the other ducked behind the truck and armed himself. I shot both and kept moving right, trying to get a shot on whoever was on the roof of Dave's barn. At Floki's suggestion, and seeing only people who were AFK or in RP, I retreated back the way I had come to regroup.

I passed through the church-town to link-up with Floki in the building he was holding before he was engaged from just beyond the underground entrance house in the Duty town before I could get inside. I moved right to flank them through the church-town, back the way I had come. The group that had fired is the group I found chatting behind the building. They hadn't moved since firing upon Floki, and I gunned down the closest armed man from a meter or so away (he was right there as I rounded the corner). A rookie was shot in the process, and the third man ran. I recovered a Protecta from this incident, to be returned later.

Floki still remained in the half-ruined brick house. I broke right and went into the church-town, finding a man in a bandit IO7 armed with a Fort-12 trying to flank us. I chased him into the destroyed house next to the church. He tried to hide in the bedroom and was gunned down. Floki had followed me, but stopped in the red shed towards the swamps and was quickly overwhelmed by three Stalkers who had come into the church-town. Protecta in hand I assaulted the position and wiped out the group, including one who had tried to flee. At this point two or three more Stalkers (7dast among them) came to the town from the electrical tower's direction, and I made my retreat into the swamps, and then to the green lake.

That was the extent of the engagement.

Upon reaching safety near the green lake, I waited for the man I had shot behind the house (Mark De Fries) to come and retrieve his Protecta. After returning it, I went to the Monolith compound and changed back into my Ecologist suit, going OOC.

So you admit in every case to chasing people who ran and hid and killing them, or initiating S2K with people who were RPing...

pirate said:
So you admit in every case to chasing people who ran and hid and killing them, or initiating S2K with people who were RPing...

I admit to gunning down people who did terrible jobs of running, and giving people in an area where shots had been fired the option to continue their engagement up-close and personal or to run.

I didn't S2M anybody who wasn't where they didn't belong or where we had been shot at from, excluding the lone rookie who whipped out a gravgun and who had ventured out alone, walking straight towards the church we were occupying.

If, Pirate, you're trying to imply that I chased down people in anoraks and IO7 suits while wearing an exoskeleton, as some merciless hunter, searching endlessly until I could find them and end their pathetic life, you are wrong. The man who hid behind a tree didn't go very far (~30m), and the man who hid in the bedroom of the destroyed house was engaged just outside of it, when we were at the church but 20 meters away. The other man who was gunned down trying to retreat had tried to shoot us, and thought he could sprint right past me when I had a shotgun. Additionally, this same man had just holstered his weapon in violation of the rules.

Maybe you should take into account that you can almost shoot from one end of the map to the other while you are running around shooting people. There aren't a whole lot of places to go, and you'll go through all of them in ten minutes or less while scavenging.

Clearly the first guy hid behind the tree because he knew he'd get capped if he stayed in the open. The second guy probably has the same story. Also, why were you attacking Dave's barn?

Also, messaging me in SF about how "bad I am" isn't going to change my mind about what an idiot you are.

Maybe you should take into account that I was using an AK54, which is about as accurate as a child's nerf gun. (You would know that if you were present and had any clue what you were trying to talk about.)

We were near Dave's barn (never actually went inside the boundaries of the town, or anywhere near the final ridgeline) because people were shooting at us from farthest side of the rooftop, and the small window in the side.

We took the fight near town because town fired first, and we didn't stay there very long. You would know that even without being there if you bothered to read the entire outline of events I posted instead of trying to throw one-lines at me senselessly.

I don't need to be there to know that baldries shouldn't be within engagement distance of the town without permission, that baldries shouldn't be chasing people who are clearly attempting to get away, that baldries shouldn't be on without Dave or Gangleider, that baldries shouldn't be S2King anyway, or that baldries flat out fucking shouldn't exist.

Which we all have to take on your word, Wilson. So no sensible person is going to give two shits about what's detailed on your account. You're being accused of running around on a Baldry and interrupting role-play with DM. We can see the logs, and an overwhelming amount of witness accounts, which is why anyone reading the thread is going to be more inclined to the accusing side. When are you going to start providing concrete evidence to sway or convince us that you're not a SWEP-toting moron, and a victim of instrument rationality.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
Which we all have to take on your word, Wilson. So no sensible person is going to give two shits about what's detailed on your account. You're being accused of running around on a Baldry and interrupting role-play with DM. We can see the logs, and an overwhelming amount of witness accounts, which is why anyone reading the thread is going to be more inclined to the accusing side. When are you going to start providing concrete evidence to sway or convince us that you're not a SWEP-toting moron, and a victim of instrument rationality.

Honestly, I don't really care because either way it was still within the rules. People only lie when they care.

If someone wants to come out and openly deny my story, someone who was actually there (not pirate) and was shot, and doesn't find themselves detailed in my post, then they can feel free.

There are plenty of people who were witness to this, and a handful more that died in it who haven't posted. Yet there's only two, three witnesses and a number of disgruntled people who weren't there. Not exactly an "overwhelming amount."

Because think about this logically, if someone came out and said "Yeah, I was there, they did it like they said," they'd be accused of being Baldry sympathizers. Or maybe they'd be called liars as well. Or maybe they really just can't be bothered to delve into this dramatic shitfest over nothing. Who knows. In fact, who would ever take a stand to defend Baldries, (who wasn't one themselves,) if they were in the right? Nobody.

And for the record some of them are probably upset because a certain somebody went around with his Mosin during the mayhem and RDMd a pair of players in the back for their sweps, thinking to use the Baldry happenings as a coverup. This individual has already made a fair number of hateful posts, probably because I contributed to their being banned for 10 minutes (oh man ten whole minutes) following, whereas I got off seemingly scot-free for "worse." This was already mentioned by one of the two victims closer to the front end of this topic, but everyone ignored that. I personally dismissed it because it's not my doing.

But if you have ideas of how you can prove S2M and leaving RPing people alone, be my guest and share. I've got better things to do than record every S2K encounter I'm in, though I doubt even then it would shut half of these people up.

Ask Cup (Jibbs) and Kleiner(?) (Amy Sullivan) if Floki and I interrupted their med RP by the water treatment facility.
Ask Captain (Noble) if I came into the tech shack and gunned everyone down when I was but steps away from it, or if I ever fired a shot at it when Captain had told me he didn't want S2K.
Ask Killectro (Mark De Fries) if I returned his Protecta to him after the S2K was over because I agreed his death was unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread