Floki and Wilson

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I haven't replied for a good while in this thread cause I feel as if my part in it is over. So to restate in case anyone forgot. Since this has been the second time that I have been accused of DM or not properly playing the Baldry role. I have decided instead of fighting or arguing, because all that will lead is into these pointless cycles of arguments. I just deleted my baldry entirely, three people can testify to this if they ever want to, those people being, Raygin, Altairp, and Verne. They were actually present for the character dropping its items and then soon after the rpa_deletesave Baldry. If there is further punishment you seek, then I suppose you can continue posting and arguing, but I'm just re-informing you all of what I already did to try and solve the issue.

pirate said:
I'm relatively certain my left pinkie toe contributed more to the server yesterday at 6:32 PM than Floki has in his entire stay here... and I'm currently banned.

As for that post Pirate, wow. I mean really?

Okay, that was excessively harsh. I'm sorry - you have contributed, and I mean that. It's just annoying to see people actually trying to argue with statements like that.

why not just stay off your baldries unless dave or gangledier is on?

Wilson said:
Wilson said:
[Draft two. Going off of our discussion, I have separated the book into two sections, Public (for general information) and Private (for Baldry conduct). Let me know if this is any better.]

Public said:
What is a Baldry, exactly?
Baldries are essentially the cavemen of the Zone; their weaponry is often outdated or in horrid condition, and some are known to even carry spears, flailing devices, and other more primitive tools of war. They are semi-intelligent mutants, and another type of Zone zombie: put simply, corpses that are still living. As such, they are covered in a liquid similar to pus, as common for all decaying corpses. Their wounds do heal, but at a deccelerated rate, and they are weaker than an average human. The only plus side of their condition is a slight immunity to pain.

Additionally, their higher brain functions and complex reasoning skills are no more--even their language has been reduced to primal grunts, groans, and roars; but even in their deathly state, they maintain the characteristics of humanity: loyalty to their kind, a fierce territoriality, and devotion to religion. However, Baldries are smart enough to create their own crude weaponry, barricades, traps, and (in some cases,) siege machines. Though the key word here is crude, it does not mean they aren't effective. Most would be made from everyday materials, or even the salvaged armoring of ruined military-grade vehicles.

And, of course, as all living things, they must eat. Their diet consists of various plants and roots, but they are known to procure the corpse of a mutant (or even a Stalker) to cook as a special treat.

What is the Baldry religion?
All Baldries were originally ordinary humans, most of them Stalkers, transformed into what they are by a mysterious artifact known commonly as the Baldry Stone (The Stone). The transformation from man to Baldry can happen anywhere from between a couple days to a week, but it is often too late to realize what is going on until it happens. But fear not! One only becomes a Baldry through contact with the Stone.

Given its properties, the Stone is held by the Baldries to be a highly sacred object and essentially their Zone-diety and creator. Seeing the Stone is an invaluable honor to any Baldry, and they would all give their lives to protect or retrieve it without a second thought.
Because the Stone does not speak (at least not to the common Baldry), they rely on Priests and Preachers of the Stone to relay its wishes to them. Most notable of these is High Priest Bon, known to the Stalkers as "Big Bon Baldry." Donning a massive exo suit and countless layers of kevlar, he is by far the oldest and wisest of the Baldries. He is seen as a legendary figure, and worshipped almost as highly as the Stone itself.

I see a Baldry, what do I do?
Baldries are always open-season for S2K. You may engage them on sight, unless it appears that they are in an RP situation.

As the majority of Baldry equipment is generated by an administrator or stolen through roleplay or S2K victories, one cannot loot a Baldry of more than the weapon he is currently holding, as not every item in his or her inventory is IC. The suits they use are exclusive to Baldry characters and cannot be taken.

I want a Baldry character. Who do I talk to?
Dave Brown, leader of the TnB community, is the man to ask about creating a Baldry character. If, by chance, your character is turned into one through contact with the Stone, or your character has the Stone in his or her possession, Dave should be informed at the earliest convenience.

Private said:
How are Baldries expected to act, IC and OOC?
People with Baldry characters should remember at all times that their characters are meant to be primitive. When communicating amongst eachother, one should have their character speak with a language similar to the Orcs of Warhammer 40K/Fantasy;
IE: "Me go shoot stoopid oomans, they invade lands. Grruargh!"
But please note, Baldries do NOT speak nor understand any civilized language. Communication with and understanding Stalkers is impossible.

When Baldries engage S2K, they are expected to politely S2M until the defending party is aware they are being shot at and can retaliate. In heated firefights, Baldries should focus on targets who are carelessly out in the open, and seek to suppress those in cover. The object is not to kill everyone and come out on top--remember, they're living corpses. Recoil and aim, as well as sight, is all an issue for them. A Baldry should never engage in a S2K fight when the odds are against him, and should flee if engaged in such a case, unless (s)he is defending a spot of some sort of religious or territorial importance. The complexity of combat maneuvers, such as flanking, baiting, etc. is left to the personal discretion of the player behind the Baldry. If you have to think for more than a moment to come up with a plan, you probably should not enact it IC.

Baldries are never to be play-to-win (unless specified by the parameters of an event), but they should not go easy on people who play stupid. Rookies are the exception to this rule, as they may not yet be accustomed to proper S2K etiquette and the fundamentals of self-preservation in a virtual Role-Play environment. How hard you fight should be proportional to the organization and equipment tier of the attackers/defenders, for the sake of ensuring the conflict is a challenge, but not impossibly overwhelming for either side.

Under no circumstances is an engaged Baldry to holster an equipped weapon. This is also illegal for normal characters, and the punishment will be equally severe.

I've died, can I return to the fight?
Once killed, it is assumed that a Baldry is under the constraints of the New Life Rule (NLR). In some events, NLR will not apply. In these cases, the Baldry, upon respawning, will be taking the place of an IC character. Most events of this nature impose a life limit upon the Baldries involved. Under no circumstances is a Baldry to ignore the demands of NLR when outside of an event setting, and IC character replacement should strictly follow the parameters set by the overseeing administrator.

Okay, what about items, specifically looting/being looted, or gifting?
Under no circumstances is a Baldry character to provide a Stalker with any items or artifacts, the only exceptions being the above-mentioned case of a robbery or some other quality Role-Play.
IE: If a Baldry has just picked up an object, or has found something of interest and is holding it in hand when suddenly confronted by an armed Stalker, the first reaction would likely be to throw it at their opponent's head and bolt.

(Provided the language barrier, though, any attempted robberies of Baldries will likely result in death, and though server rules prohibit the looting of an NLR-bound character, the rule was enacted to prevent characters from shooting people instantly and looting the corpse to feed their sick script-playish banditry. The surrendering of weapons should be decided before the NLR takes effect to prevent conflicts. Weapons dropped during a melee fight or chase are also fair-game for looting.)

Baldries who loot weaponry from corpses should wait until the fight is completely over before taking the items, or in a desperate situation, until there is a safe pause. In the case of a pause, the item in question should be picked up with an RP line of adequate length. (/me picks up the ____. is not acceptable. Instead, aim for /me places a hand around the dropped rifle, prying it from the cold, dead grasp of the downed Stalker and slipping the sling over his/her neck before returning to the fight). Never should a Baldry physgun or gravgun a weapon or other item and run away mid-fight to pick it up later.

found something in my inbox

Terrible rules to enforce a terrible style of roleplay. Promotes ideas like length being more important than the idea and being zealous as some sort of quality image for the server.

I could of told the Monolith to treat everyone but them like a baldry but that doesn't make it fine.

Wilson said:
So the Guidebook finally got approval from Dave. The public section has already been posted in the Mutant forum section, as instructed. Here is the private section: everything you need to know to behave properly, OOCly.

To avoid exploitation, this should remain private. If anybody has a Baldry but did not receive this PM, refer them to me directly. Do your part and ask your Baldry comrades when you see them! "Hey, did you get Wilson's PM about the OFFICIAL BALDRY GUIDEBOOK, PRIVATE SECTION? No? PM him!" Or if you're feeling extra proactive, PM me their Baldry character name and OOC name and forum name.

This message shall be sent to all players with newly-acquired Baldry characters by myself at my earliest convenience.

PM me back with any questions. If I don't have an answer, I'll twist Dave's titties until he gives me one.

How are Baldries expected to act, IC and OOC?
People with Baldry characters should remember at all times that their characters are meant to be primitive. When communicating amongst eachother, one should have their character speak with a language similar to the Orcs of Warhammer 40K/Fantasy;
IE: "Me go shoot stoopid oomans, they invade lands. Grruargh!"
But please note, Baldries do NOT speak nor understand any civilized language. Communication with and understanding Stalkers is impossible.

When Baldries engage S2K, they are expected to politely S2M until the defending party is aware they are being shot at and can retaliate. In heated firefights, Baldries should focus on targets who are carelessly out in the open, and seek to suppress those in cover. The object is not to kill everyone and come out on top--remember, they're living corpses. Recoil and aim, as well as sight, is all an issue for them. A Baldry should never engage in a S2K fight when the odds are against him, and should flee if engaged in such a case, unless (s)he is defending a spot of some sort of religious or territorial importance. The complexity of combat maneuvers, such as flanking, baiting, etc. is left to the personal discretion of the player behind the Baldry. If you have to think for more than a moment to come up with a plan, you probably should not enact it IC.

Baldries are never to be play-to-win (unless specified by the parameters of an event), but they should not go easy on people who play stupid. Rookies are the exception to this rule, as they may not yet be accustomed to proper S2K etiquette and the fundamentals of self-preservation in a virtual Role-Play environment. How hard you fight should be proportional to the organization and equipment tier of the attackers/defenders, for the sake of ensuring the conflict is a challenge, but not impossibly overwhelming for either side.

Under no circumstances is an engaged Baldry to holster an equipped weapon. This is also illegal for normal characters, and the punishment will be equally severe.

I've died, can I return to the fight?
Once killed, it is assumed that a Baldry is under the constraints of the New Life Rule (NLR). In some events, NLR will not apply. In these cases, the Baldry, upon respawning, will be taking the place of an IC character. Most events of this nature impose a life limit upon the Baldries involved. Under no circumstances is a Baldry to ignore the demands of NLR when outside of an event setting, and IC character replacement should strictly follow the parameters set by the overseeing administrator.

Okay, what about items, specifically looting/being looted, or gifting?
Under no circumstances is a Baldry character to provide a Stalker with any items or artifacts, the only exceptions being the above-mentioned case of a robbery or some other quality Role-Play.
IE: If a Baldry has just picked up an object, or has found something of interest and is holding it in hand when suddenly confronted by an armed Stalker, the first reaction would likely be to throw it at their opponent's head and bolt.

(Provided the language barrier, though, any attempted robberies of Baldries will likely result in death, and though server rules prohibit the looting of an NLR-bound character, the rule was enacted to prevent characters from shooting people instantly and looting the corpse to feed their sick script-playish banditry. The surrendering of weapons should be decided before the NLR takes effect to prevent conflicts. Weapons dropped during a melee fight or chase are also fair-game for looting.)

Baldries who loot weaponry from corpses should wait until the fight is completely over before taking the items, or in a desperate situation, until there is a safe pause. In the case of a pause, the item in question should be picked up with an RP line of adequate length. (/me picks up the ____. is not acceptable. Instead, aim for /me places a hand around the dropped rifle, prying it from the cold, dead grasp of the downed Stalker and slipping the sling over his/her neck before returning to the fight). Never should a Baldry physgun or gravgun a weapon or other item and run away mid-fight to pick it up later.

i believe its the samething but revised and fixed up a tad idk

Wilson said:
Already posted that but thanks Flower. :)

Which reminds me, didn't you already contradict the same rules you flouted when you went around giving items away on your Baldry?

Zombiedude101 said:
Which reminds me, didn't you already contradict the same rules you flouted when you went around giving items away on your Baldry?

I never handed away anything freely.

The rule was there so nobody thought to give admin-generated items to their OOC friends for funsies.

I've had my experience with Dave himself shooting at me and a few rookies fighting off boars. I asked him why he did it, and he only replied with, "I dumped a whole mag. It's like a warning." Since when are Baldries allowed to S2K without proper consent?
Dave's Char name: Monaldry

so why dont you just stay off your baldries unless dave or gang is on?

Floki ☭ killed TheRedRaspberry using ts2_sr3m
Floki ☭ killed Strelok using ts2_sr3m
Floki ☭ killed Cherub using ts2_sr3m

Nico Cavera (who is still waiting on models?): [OOC] im quite aware you monolith just ran on to kill people

Pattern repeats.

Open S2K had been declared and it wasn't ever "turned off."

Dave acknowledged that it was partly his fault.

Floki was also not the sole Monolith to engage in that instance, so that you're cutting the logs to blame this entirely on him is absolutely absurd. At least have some shred of integrity, Rux.

Wilson said:
Open S2K had been declared and it wasn't ever "turned off."

Dave acknowledged that it was partly his fault.

Floki was also not the sole Monolith to engage in that instance, so that you're cutting the logs to blame this entirely on him is absolutely absurd. At least have some shred of integrity, Rux.

"It's his fault we abused his declaration of S2K.

Also all the cool kids were doing it so it's okay."

During the time of S2K declaration, no one was on their Monolith character. Floki and Pew hopped on them to abuse the called S2K (ten minutes had passed since the last kill). That is that.

At this point, the ban request has managed to proceed like a caveman, beating two rocks together. While in most "evidence" posts, a lot of it seems to disagree, certain points do correspond... However it's quite evident that higher ups were not supervising the underlings, and they wished to play with shiny toys. However in S2M, i know from personal experiences that you can still hit people if you have a bad aim stat. God only knows how many friendly fires happened in SSTRP because of that. Though you can easily see that most of the kills are not "accidents."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread