Floki and Wilson

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson said:
Nobody but the accusers here has chosen to call what the Baldries did "roleplay."

And Floki had announced 3 times in GOOC that Baldries were in the area, and that they were S2K.

You're also trying to say that the "perceptions" of the witnesses on the other side are fact, whereas my "perceptions," a first-party participant, are not valid.

What makes their "perceptions" any more valid than that of mine and Floki's? The fact that we're the defenders in this instance?

What if instead of us trying to get away with something bad, that the others are trying to justify getting their precious script-items refunded? This op was much more careful than any previous Baldry op in terms of who was engaged and how. And baldries have always been exclusively authorized to initiate S2K at random, regardless of if people were in RP or running or unaware of their presence. We went above and beyond what baldries are required and expected to do, and you're still trying to paint us as these horrid fiends.

And you weren't even there.

I forgot it was okay to not roleplay on a roleplay server as a means of progression. Oh well.

IC tab, what do? Make an actual /ev, those are truly global.

What they're saying is that they were killed by Baldries, which is proven in the logs. What you and Floki are saying is that you were justified in killing them, a little harder to prove. I'm surprised you can't pull anything concrete like a screenshot or y'know... something solid. Like Lady Gaga's dick being solid proof that's she's actually a man, and not just an article in a gossip magazine saying it. That's what makes their case more believable, they're not trying to prove anything substantial.

Well maybe that's a sign that Baldires should probably be looked at again, and changed extensively. Just because they're baldries doesn't mean they're exempt from basic rules. True you went above and beyond what basic Baldries are required to do, but you fell kind of short in the basic roleplayer requirements; script player or otherwise.

I'm not painting you as anything, Wilson. To be honest I don't care, I don't play on the server anymore. I'm here because I have an unbiased view on the entire situation, I really couldn't care if people got their script items back, or if anyone lost their baldry character, or downed entire gallons of bleach because of this.

Desird said:
It isn't his fault, I'm just saying he could have made a better effort at moving away from the situation and making himself stand out of it. An option he could have taken was a gravity gun. From my experience, this usually means OOC. So in an s2k area it would have helped to identify who was actually engaged in that little skirmish at the destroyed town. Once again, sorry for any inconveniences. Apparently my role as a baldry just manages to piss people off so I completely removed myself from it now, not sure what else you are aiming for unless it is a ban considering the placement of this thread.

It was more to point out the discrepancy in one of Wilson's proofs, I'm trying to restrict the amount of blame he can shove onto others, which is a great maneuver in getting out of RDMs, and S2K related complaints.

Also something my 12 year old sister likes to do.

Also, Legit Muffin you can't hide from me. don't let the moderators silence you, be free wild magnificent beast

Send your nudes, I have no fap material left.

It's amazing how little can be said in so many words and how negligible the impact of those words really is.

We'll review the case, and further restrict the baldry faction if need be. I personally don't let them flag up when I'm around unless Dave is on to manage them.

Unfortunately Baldries are exempt, we didn't do anything against the Baldry rules, so there's nothing to warrant a ban.

But by all means, please do restrict the Baldries further. My point was made.

Hawg said:
It's amazing how little can be said in so many words and how negligible the impact of those words really is.

We'll review the case, and further restrict the baldry faction if need be. I personally don't let them flag up when I'm around unless Dave is on to manage them.

I'll show you fucking words, Hawg.

The Police Fuck are my favorite, and not necessarily in that order.

Wilson said:
Unfortunately Baldries are exempt, we didn't do anything against the Baldry rules, so there's nothing to warrant a ban.

If anything baldries are under deeper scrutiny in my eyes, and the blanket 's2k on' status they have is frequently abused as is evident.

Unfortunately it seems no matter what we do, Dave has executive authority and does whatever he feels is best.

Obviously he can be spoken with and reasoned with on the matter, but no matter how much logic I put in front of him in the end I cannot sway his opinion forcefully. We'll see.

It was quite obvious I was trying to flee and despite that you chased after me and killed me. The fact that you claim to have only S2M'd unarmed and fleeing players when there is evidence to the contrary is indicative of your lying. Also AFAIK you can't just randomly announce that you can S2K people and besides, the only time I saw you actually do so wasn't until AFTER or a split second before you had gunned us fown.

why not just stay off your baldry unless Dave is on and tells you to get on him?

Wilson said:

Where exactly in the rules does it state that the Baldries are exempt from the rules of S2K? It doesn't and I believe even Dave himself once stated that unless it is clearly stated in the rules, it is not so, and as a quick reminder:

Shooting to Kill (S2K)

What is S2K?

When one player damages another's health via fists or other SWEP, with or without the intent to kill.

Initiating S2K

Under no circumstances are players permitted to S2K another without meeting one of the following prerequisites:
- A joint agreement of admins on the server at the time.
- Each party completely agrees to S2K.

- When two official faction feel they are about to begin an engagement it is allowed for the highest ranking member of each party to agree to S2K. Logs must be kept and presented to an admin during or after the skirmish.

None of the above criteria had been met. Simple as.

Ignorance is not an excuse, I'm afraid, it is how it always has been and probably (unfortunately) always will be.

What Dave was talking about there is rules admins asspulled in certain situations. That was solved by the common sense clause.

The discussion here is over.

Common sense dictates that baldries need to fuck off.

How is it that you can pretend to be a roleplayer while also sprinting around rdming people?

You're not a moderator, you don't decide when a discussion is over. That's common sense.

Is common sense your new buzzword? I'm only hearing it come from someone who has little of it.

Wilson said:
Ignorance is not an excuse, I'm afraid, it is how it always has been and probably (unfortunately) always will be.

What Dave was talking about there is rules admins asspulled in certain situations. That was solved by the common sense clause.

The discussion here is over.

What ignorance would that be? Please refer me to the secret section of the rules that states baldries are excempt from one of the most basic server rules. Also Dave's meaning can be applied to the rules in general.

Tennathoi said:
You're not a moderator, you don't decide when a discussion is over. That's common sense.

Is common sense your new buzzword? I'm only hearing it come from someone who has little of it.

Grow up and stop with the personal attacks, the "common sense clause" is what was added to the rules that basically says admins can decide on the spot if you're being an idiot and can be punished for it or not. It's for closing the loophole of "but it isn't in the rules!" That's the title that several have used to identify it, me included.

Zombiedude101 said:
What ignorance would that be? Please refer me to the secret section of the rules that states baldries are excempt from one of the most basic server rules. Also Dave's meaning can be applied to the rules in general.

This is the way it has always been, there have been countless discussions about it ever since the day Baldries were pulled out of the sky and handed rifles. None of the administration dispute this, either, because they, like the rest of the community, are aware of it. It's also been confirmed in a fair number of posts.

Nevertheless, I will spell it out for you as follows:

Baldries are S2K mutants. It is expected that you will S2K them on sight, as they are entitled to do the same, regardless of RP status.

It's also funny that you're trying to use what Dave said about the rules to include Baldries in the basic server rules, because Dave himself is the one who established and guards the rule above.

I said the discussion is over because you seem intent on arguing about this rule, but the rule is the rule and has always been the rule and will always be the rule. I personally can't change it, and you can't argue it away by saying it isn't a rule. If you want to continue talking about it, make yet another Baldry CCC and discuss it there. Here is not the place, it's entirely irrelevant to this topic.

Wilson said:
Grow up and stop with the personal attacks, the "common sense clause" is what was added to the rules that basically says admins can decide on the spot if you're being an idiot and can be punished for it or not. It's for closing the loophole of "but it isn't in the rules!" That's the title that several have used to identify it, me included.

This is the way it has always been, there have been countless discussions about it ever since the day Baldries were pulled out of the sky and handed rifles. None of the administration dispute this, either, because they, like the rest of the community, are aware of it. It's also been confirmed in a fair number of posts.

Nevertheless, I will spell it out for you as follows:

Baldries are S2K mutants. It is expected that you will S2K them on sight, as they are entitled to do the same, regardless of RP status.

It's also funny that you're trying to use what Dave said about the rules to include Baldries in the basic server rules, because Dave himself is the one who established and guards the rule above.

I said the discussion is over because you seem intent on arguing about this rule, but the rule is the rule and has always been the rule and will always be the rule. I personally can't change it, and you can't argue it away by saying it isn't a rule. If you want to continue talking about it, make yet another Baldry CCC and discuss it there. Here is not the place, it's entirely irrelevant to this topic.

Unfortunately for you, the rule is that S2K encounters have to be agreed upon by both parties. It doesn't matter that you think Baldries are exempt from that rule because they are "S2K-only" according to their thread. You aren't roleplaying an NPC, you still have to follow the general server rules even if all you do is pew people.

Quixotic said:
Unfortunately for you, the rule is that S2K encounters have to be agreed upon by both parties. It doesn't matter that you think Baldries are exempt from that rule because they are "S2K-only" according to their thread. You aren't roleplaying an NPC, you still have to follow the general server rules even if all you do is pew people.

Please read the entirety of a post before you reply to it, let alone quote it.

Wilson said:
Please read the entirety of a post before you reply to it, let alone quote it.

You're not quoting an actual rule. Baldries are S2K only isn't a rule, it's how Baldries work. How S2K works is a rule and you ignored it.

Quixotic said:
You're not quoting an actual rule. Baldries are S2K only isn't a rule, it's how Baldries work. How S2K works is a rule and you ignored it.

I'm putting to post a rule that has always existed. I didn't pull it out of my ass, because it's always been there. On the server, admins have always stated said rule to players disgruntled by Baldry ambushes. In the forums, in ban requests, the rule has always been acknowledged.

I personally don't want Baldries to exist, and I don't like the rule any more than you do. But until Dave changes his mind, we have to live with it. Griping at me won't change a thing.

Wilson said:
I'm putting to post a rule that has always existed. I didn't pull it out of my ass, because it's always been there. On the server, admins have always stated said rule to players disgruntled by Baldry ambushes. In the forums, in ban requests, the rule has always been acknowledged.

I personally don't want Baldries to exist, and I don't like the rule any more than you do. But until Dave changes his mind, we have to live with it. Griping at me won't change a thing.

It's not on the official rules and regulations page therefore it can't be considered legitimate. Despite Dave's insistence. If he wants people to obey it and not bring forward ban requests then he should post it there (for all to ridicule).

Also, aren't you only allowed to go on your Baldry when Dave is around? Or am I misinformed there as well?

Finally, why do you keep playing Baldries if you don't want them to exist? Please, God, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread