Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Osprey finding the /door/ and leading people to the /door/ translate into metagame in your mind?

There's more evidence leading to suggest that it's metagame than evidence suggesting that you just somehow found it and lead the crew to it.

Why are you still doing /this/ when we have /italics/ on the forums?

It translated to metagame in my mind because you already knew OOC that he was there and decided GEE WELL THE ONLY POSSIBLE PLACE FOR HIM TO BE IS BEHIND THIS NONDESCRIPT DOOR WHICH IVE NEVER HAD ANY REASON TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF IN THE PAST, IM FORCING ENTRY.

dougal said:
We didn't take any of Silovik's scripts and we don't plan on it, we're also in it for the RP.

I don't care if you take any of Silo's scripts. Or anybodies scripts for that matter.

I've been back at TnB actively playing SRP again for going on three months now, the majority of that time spent on my Main - I don't have a big fancy suit, or an amazing insta-kill machine gun. And I've less than 10k cash - But guess what, I'm enjoying myself and like to think those that I surround myself with are enjoying themselves too - Scripts or not.

The fact that you even brought it back to the fact that you didn't and weren't planning on taking any scripts just shows that you're not getting my point.

If you're in it for the RP - Then roll with it; They found your base. So what? It makes for a hell-of-a-lot better RP than you holding another players' main hostage indefinitely with no hope for rescue, while you all sit in your doom-fort drinking tea or shagging squirrels or whatever it is you all do down there.

Fireblade said:
I don't care if you take any of Silo's scripts. Or anybodies scripts for that matter.

I've been back at TnB actively playing SRP again for going on three months now, the majority of that time spent on my Main - I don't have a big fancy suit, or an amazing insta-kill machine gun. And I've less than 10k cash - But guess what, I'm enjoying myself and like to think those that I surround myself with are enjoying themselves too - Scripts or not.

The fact that you even brought it back to the fact that you didn't and weren't planning on taking any scripts just shows that you're not getting my point.

If you're in it for the RP - Then roll with it; They found your base. So what? It makes for a hell-of-a-lot better RP than you holding another players' main hostage indefinitely with no hope for rescue, while you all sit in your doom-fort drinking tea or shagging squirrels or whatever it is you all do down there.

This roleplay isn't stagnant is the point and we're reaching a big finale for this arc which is meticulously planned. If some dude decides to bust his OOC frienderino out by metagaming his location it's damaging to roleplay, not beneficial to it.

Especially if he decides to do it at 2 AM when we aren't there to roleplay with him.

I also really wish you'd stop relating script status to the quality of roleplay. There is 0 correlation.

pirate said:
This roleplay isn't stagnant is the point and we're reaching a big finale for this arc which is meticulously planned. If some dude decides to bust his OOC frienderino out by metagaming his location it's damaging to roleplay, not beneficial to it.

Especially if he decides to do it at 2 AM when we aren't there to roleplay with him.

Who's roleplay? Plans usually back-fire and improvisation is required. The more meticulous the plan, the worse the plan usually fails. The option that you are found, and a rescue party goes in is the most dramatic, and the biggest climax that anyone could hope for, and more benefit from that RP.

So what that your 'meticulous plan' didn't come to fruition? Maybe you're able to retaliate and take more captives? The fact that your doom-fort was found, and someone was busted out - Giving your group reasons to now hunt people down AS WELL AS others reasons to kill you, is more dramatic.

Fireblade said:
Who's roleplay? Plans usually back-fire and improvisation is required. The more meticulous the plan, the worse the plan usually fails. The option that you are found, and a rescue party goes in is the most dramatic, and the biggest climax that anyone could hope for, and more benefit from that RP.

So what that your 'meticulous plan' didn't come to fruition? Maybe you're able to retaliate and take more captives? The fact that your doom-fort was found, and someone was busted out - Giving your group reasons to now hunt people down AS WELL AS others reasons to kill you, is more dramatic.

No

5chars

Fireblade said:
Whatever you say mate. I've provided my opinion; Was attempting to be helpful and not biased.

I respect you and you know it but I'm not going to keep arguing with you - in this case you're wrong and that's all there is to it. If a meticulous plan takes a turn for the worst, there should be an IC reason for it, such as Osprey doing some investigation and finding out that we were holding Silovik. Asspulling information like that is how bullshit PKs occur and that's not good for roleplay at all.

Pirate. I never said I knew that you guys were holding Silovic.

I only knew of a door that I found that I ICLY had never seen before.

Not knowing the circumstance, I took it upon myself to report it to the large group, then we all went, and this shit-tree flourished from there on out.

pirate said:
I respect you and you know it but I'm not going to keep arguing with you - in this case you're wrong and that's all there is to it. If a meticulous plan takes a turn for the worst, there should be an IC reason for it, such as Osprey doing some investigation and finding out that we were holding Silovik. Asspulling information like that is how bullshit PKs occur and that's not good for roleplay at all.

Ta for the explanation. I'll back out of it. :)

Furitaon said:
Pirate. I never said I knew that you guys were holding Silovic.

I only knew of a door that I found that I ICLY had never seen before.

Not knowing the circumstance, I took it upon myself to report it to the large group, then we all went, and this shit-tree flourished from there on out.

You knew OOC and that guided your decision to focus on that specific door out of all the other options in the area and I don't believe it was an accident and neither do many others.

Others have discovered the door and attempted to interact with it. Every exchange went like this:

** John Stalker attempts to open the door.
** The door is locked.
** John Stalker shrugs and moves on.

The only person who went so far as to attempt to break in:

A) was on a rescue mission for Silovik
B) knew OOC that he was there
C) appears to have ensured that Silovik was on-server to be freed while we weren't on-server to prevent it.

That person is you.

I spoke to Osprey on steam.

6:28 PM - jen.cakes4: ok
6:28 PM - jen.cakes4: so you found the door in the underground to their base
6:28 PM - jen.cakes4: went back to town, told them
6:28 PM - #FreeOsprey: Yes, but I didn't /know/ that it was their base.
6:29 PM - #FreeOsprey: It was just a door that was randomly there, and, as any curious/intelligent person would have done, I reported it.
6:29 PM - #FreeOsprey: Do you understand what I am saying?
6:29 PM - #FreeOsprey: It's a random door, that has popped up out of no-where. Osprey had never seen it before.
6:29 PM - jen.cakes4: i mean
6:29 PM - jen.cakes4: that sounds like metagame ot me because
6:29 PM - jen.cakes4: there wold always be plenty of places he has never gone to
6:29 PM - #FreeOsprey: Jen.
6:29 PM - jen.cakes4: if you had tried to open it or saw some sign of ownership
6:29 PM - jen.cakes4: then sure
6:29 PM - #FreeOsprey: I don't know what to call you so I'll call you jen.
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: Jen.
6:30 PM - jen.cakes4: but if you just pressed e and saw pirates name on it then eh
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: Osprey has spent most of his time downstairs.
6:30 PM - jen.cakes4: idk if it was worth reporting over the other stuff
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: I didn't know Pirate took it.
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: Made it*
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: It's not even pirate's dupe.
6:30 PM - jen.cakes4: idk if i can believe that since its only a keypress away
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: But, that's forcing a suspicion upon me.
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: That could be used on anyone.
6:30 PM - #FreeOsprey: /Anyone/.
6:31 PM - jen.cakes4: normally people dont press e on a prop and go this must be where the captors took silovik since its their prop
6:31 PM - #FreeOsprey: I didn't do that..
6:31 PM - #FreeOsprey: Where are you getting this from?
6:31 PM - jen.cakes4: cant prove you didnt
6:31 PM - #FreeOsprey: Can't prove I did either, though.
6:31 PM - #FreeOsprey: Can you?
6:32 PM - #FreeOsprey: It works both ways.
6:32 PM - jen.cakes4: nope and thats why i want to void it and have the rp happen when admins can oversee the rp
6:32 PM - #FreeOsprey: That sounds fine with me.
6:32 PM - #FreeOsprey: Check with others.

Anyone have an issue with this?
Other terms include that there are actually people there to stop Silovik from being rescued because it would be better for RP

I have an issue with this because inevitably I'm going to say "the door is locked" as usual and he's going to go "well we better force entry just to be sure"

I'm not sure I really see the issue with it so long as it's not the only thing happening at the time.

The RP will be restarting from the moment they realize Silovik has been captured. The first person to report it will be allowed to do so, and it will flow from there. Since the entrance is in the underground there might be other things going on which I would like to orchestrate and I encourage fellow admins/event coordinators to play around a little bit too.

I've only been asleep for seven hours, holy crap.

I don't think you understand the extensiveness of the search, Pirate. The characters didn't know if Silovic was even alive (I was betting that he was setting AFK in observe), I wasn't even holding any expectations on an OOC level, we had to pass through the underground twice because of emissions. This is one of the times being accused of metagame is pretty ironic since I didn't know anything about the circumstances surrounding Silo's disappearance, and I didn't even know that the 'Rejects' were a player based group, let alone involved. Nate and Hellhound are also friends (I'm assuming that's McCrae's Reject character) so that's some serendipitous tension set up there. The point is we were not beyond the avenue of breaking into places to make sure our search was thorough. An unopened door underground is pretty damn incriminating, because the whole mentality of the group was 'where would I hold someone if I had kidnapped them'. Of course the players themselves couldn't suspect it was a magic rabbit hole with no ICly representation on the surface world.

Honestly, I don't give a damn if the admin team authorized you to build your secret bases that no-one can know about, and no-one can get into, because they obviously lack an understanding of what makes Garrysmod different from any other medium. The fact that a chain of events, random, strange, and unplanned led to some pretty heavy roleplay-- that an anonymous group of STALKERS talked, upped and explored, getting involved with something they simply stumbled upon, is something that only happens in this medium.

I can tell you exactly the extent of what Osprey metagambled, and that was none. We had told him we had searched everywhere (we literally did), then he said 'there's one place you didn't look'. And that was the door he was always wondering about, but could never opened, he wasn't involved until then because it was our search that sparked the IC motivation to break in through that door.

As for pushing so hard to get the roleplay through, that's on me. I have this weird, stupid thing I like to do and that's roleplay something through whether its 'against the rules' or not because you can always retconn it. I'd rather roleplay, and have it wasted, then not roleplay and have it be a missed opportunity.

I had no contact over SF with anybody involved, and wasn't in TS yelling.

Anyway, underground bases are scummy, you should be ashamed of yourself. The practice is the very embodiment of elitism.

Are you sure you didn't roleplay on TRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread