Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a plan beyond brute-forcing your way through every single thing that gets in your way. Or a bit of investigational RP rather than metagaming the location of your OOC frienderino because "it is hard to roleplay".

80% of hostile encounters on SRP are one character's experience and planning vs. the other player's willingness to cheat, lie, and abuse the flaws in gmod RP's system.

I didn't know Silovic was Dinner's character either...

I can't metagame because I didn't know anything surrounding the situation on an OOC level. I wouldn't have been privy to it.

And I figured it's a player based group, they probably don't want to explode their door every time they want to get inside so obviously there's an easier way in. I hate it when people say "you can't get into a place." You can, it's easier than you think even with a thick metal door in your way.

I believe those determined to be knowingly participating in this type of metagame should be punished for it. I personally doubt that Keefe and Tami were knowingly metagaming, though I'm not sure about Lonewolf, who has done this before, and Michael Scott, who I don't actually know, but they were all involved so I've listed their names.

5chars

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
I can tell you exactly the extent of what Osprey metagambled, and that was none. We had told him we had searched everywhere (we literally did), then he said 'there's one place you didn't look'. And that was the door he was always wondering about, but could never opened, he wasn't involved until then because it was our search that sparked the IC motivation to break in through that door.

The Conch has spoken.

I've read through the entire thread, so don't start yelling at me about it.

Why, exactly, did the Rejects have access to that door that 'was always locked' compared to other Stalkers?

Did they find some obscure document or key that could open the door? If so, where's the RP or event leading to it?

If it were not a key, or passcode that lead them in, was it some form of cutting or blasting into the door? If so, wouldn't there be signs of somebody tampering with it?

If it were not a blasting/cutting/key/codes, were they allowed access via some form of alternative entrance/exit, such as a tunnel? If so, where is this tunnel?

If it were not blasting/cutting/keys/codes/alternative exit, then what, exactly, let the Rejects gain access to, and decide to occupy, this base?

And, regardless of whether or not it were blasting/cutting, there would surely be some signs of the door's having been opened recently, or somebody saying Hey, those guys are going underground and staying there for hours on end, pretty often. Hrm.' Perhaps even, 'This door has fresh marks on it, or it seemed like there are fresh marks where the door has moved. There are chips of rust on the ground.'

Sorry for posting so late, was gone all day. This is my side of the story.

I had initially came on at about 2am last night to handle some complaints about a certain someone abusing their SATT, spawning anomalies in town and spamming blowouts. Upon investigating, I stumbled across a group entering the Reject's base - and then noticed their captive, Silovik, was within there too. I told them to leave because initially I interpreted it as retrogame, due to the fact that none of the Rejects were aware their base was being invaded while their captive was on with no logical explanation for the absence of the captors. Admittedly they didn't even know Silovik was in there. I don't think their intention was to metagame, and ultimately they all agreed to back off and potentially resume (or not) the RP at a time that would be more convenient for all parties.

Banning them is way extreme.

I can tell you exactly the extent of what Osprey metagambled, and that was none. We had told him we had searched everywhere (we literally did), then he said 'there's one place you didn't look'. And that was the door he was always wondering about, but could never opened, he wasn't involved until then because it was our search that sparked the IC motivation to break in through that door.

How'd you quote with less than five characters...

Fyeonthetoilet said:
I've read through the entire thread, so don't start yelling at me about it.

Why, exactly, did the Rejects have access to that door that 'was always locked' compared to other Stalkers?

Did they find some obscure document or key that could open the door? If so, where's the RP or event leading to it?

If it were not a key, or passcode that lead them in, was it some form of cutting or blasting into the door? If so, wouldn't there be signs of somebody tampering with it?

If it were not blasting/cutting/keys/codes, then what, exactly, let the Rejects gain access to, and decide to occupy, this base?

And, regardless of whether or not it were blasting/cutting, there would surely be some signs of the door's having been opened recently, or somebody saying Hey, those guys are going underground and staying there for hours on end, pretty often. Hrm.'

I don't personally know how we gained access to the door initially because I wasn't on for that, but it is locked with a passcode. I assume some kind of codebreaking tool was applied to it, which would have been an option for Osprey's group if they thought they had a reason to do such a thing.

pirate said:
I don't personally know how we gained access to the door initially because I wasn't on for that, but it is locked with a passcode. I assume some kind of codebreaking tool was applied to it.

Then we would've just brute forced the code.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
Then we would've just brute forced the code.

Why would you stand there and punch in 10,000 different passcodes on the off chance that the person you're looking for who is in all likelihood actually dead is behind the door?

Why would you attempt to access an age old sewer system using tech that would, likely, not function in the Zone after about a week? Unless, of course, it was shielded, and you had the brilliant foresight to do so.

I didn't mean manually, Pirate.

Check your tone, nobody knew he was behind the door.

Then why are you all so bent on finding an excuse to break through it? I'm not following here.

pirate said:
What, a manhole? Those work for a while AFAIK.

Can you not be a sarcastic cunt, for once? Is it possible for you? I'm talking about the 'keypad cracker' you have access too.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
I've only been asleep for seven hours, holy crap.

I don't think you understand the extensiveness of the search, Pirate. The characters didn't know if Silovic was even alive (I was betting that he was setting AFK in observe), I wasn't even holding any expectations on an OOC level, we had to pass through the underground twice because of emissions. This is one of the times being accused of metagame is pretty ironic since I didn't know anything about the circumstances surrounding Silo's disappearance, and I didn't even know that the 'Rejects' were a player based group, let alone involved. Nate and Hellhound are also friends (I'm assuming that's McCrae's Reject character) so that's some serendipitous tension set up there. The point is we were not beyond the avenue of breaking into places to make sure our search was thorough. An unopened door underground is pretty damn incriminating, because the whole mentality of the group was 'where would I hold someone if I had kidnapped them'. Of course the players themselves couldn't suspect it was a magic rabbit hole with no ICly representation on the surface world.

Honestly, I don't give a damn if the admin team authorized you to build your secret bases that no-one can know about, and no-one can get into, because they obviously lack an understanding of what makes Garrysmod different from any other medium. The fact that a chain of events, random, strange, and unplanned led to some pretty heavy roleplay-- that an anonymous group of STALKERS talked, upped and explored, getting involved with something they simply stumbled upon, is something that only happens in this medium.

As for pushing so hard to get the roleplay through, that's on me. I have this weird, stupid thing I like to do and that's roleplay something through whether its 'against the rules' or not because you can always retconn it. I'd rather roleplay, and have it wasted, then not roleplay and have it be a missed opportunity.

I had no contact over SF with anybody involved, and wasn't in TS yelling.

Anyway, underground bases are scummy, you should be ashamed of yourself. The practice is the very embodiment of elitism.

Are you sure you didn't roleplay on TRP?

No idea.

Fyeonthetoilet said:
Can you not be a sarcastic cunt, for once? Is it possible for you? I'm talking about the 'keypad cracker' you have access too.

I don't understand what you're talking about. It's not a passcode-locked sewer system. If you read the thread as you said you did you'd be aware of what the room actually was before we re-appropriated it. The whole complex still has power. And we never said nobody before us could possibly has used it, only that we are now and it is secured.

Do you have the RP of installing the security systems, and do any of you have IC capabilities that would allow you to install such systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread