Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

friend
Sep 8, 2011
I don't know the extent of each individual's involvement in this since most are offline and those that aren't have either blocked me or refuse to accept my SF invite to discuss it - so this is a blanket ban request and each individual can be sorted, though the main offenders here appear to be Dinner and Osprey.

Simply put I was notified this morning that at around 2 AM last night said individuals attempted to break in to the (authorized) hideout of the Rejects squad in order to break out Dinner's character, Silovik. Deadmon was aware that they could not have entered and told them to screw off, but that's not enough, as Dinner expressed intent for a second try today once we were actually on. The issues here are obvious and numerous:

A) None of them knew it existed.
B) None of them knew where it was.
C) None of them could open the first door.
D) None of them could open the second door.
E) None of them could open the tertiary and following doors.
F) None of them knew that we were holding Silovik.

The hideout is through a nondescript locked door in an out of the way location on rp_stalker. There's nothing about it externally to indicate that we occupy it. Osprey claims he was aware of the location IC which is impossible for the reason that nobody knows where it is except us four Rejects who haven't discussed it and that we check each time before entering to confirm that nobody is witnessing the entry.

Dirty and his friends attempted the same thing after we killed Prinya and Chrobak and were told and forced by admins to fuck off for the reasons listed above (excepting point F).

Metagame was obvious in both and in Dirty's case admitted (with bonus observe flag abuse), yet for some reason, despite the dire consequences for roleplay it would have if either were ignored, no punishments were apparently issued. Metagaming of this caliber undermines the very purpose for the considerable IC measures we take to prevent the location of our base of operations becoming known and discounts the roleplay we carry out to that end and is one of the oldest rules on the books. Osprey seemingly declined to explain how he had knowledge of the base's location on-server which leads me to the conclusion that he pulled said knowledge from the depths of his ass and is lying about it.

I believe those determined to be knowingly participating in this type of metagame should be punished for it. I personally doubt that Keefe and Tami were knowingly metagaming, though I'm not sure about Lonewolf, who has done this before, and Michael Scott, who I don't actually know, but they were all involved so I've listed their names.

I have no idea what sort of punishment would be sufficient for this because I can't actually think of the last time someone was banned for metagaming, but this is quite severe as far as metagame comes and I'd really like to see some consequences for those knowingly doing so.

last time i remember someone being banned for metagamed was dast i think
and he's still banned like a month later

Lack of evidence so, kind of a useless thread/attempt. Also good luck proving metagame without a lot of evidence, let alone none.

Box logs can be retrieved if anyone named decides to deny that it happened.

My problem is you built a huge fucking base under the map, inassesible to anyone but your group. I used observe because I had a feeling you were using an underground base, and ICly we would of known of a underground sewer/tunnel system. If you make a base underground be prepared to defend against attacks. The reason for them attacking is bullshit, I agree that it's metagame. In Duty's case we searched the entire map, so of course we would then go into the tunnel system.

First off, Lonewolf was just a patron of the Teamspeak and is not involved what so ever. I was involved along with K33f3, so if its anyone that are to be banned it's me, K33f3 and Clav'. The entire thing was IC, the four STALKERs decided to look all around the place on a manhunt. Neither me, k33f3 or Clav' were on any Teamspeaks with Dinner. The doors were not opened, other then the first one because the STALKERs were merely roleplaying trying to enter and search for Silovik. None of us were collaberating in an OOC sense, they were merely doing what N.S.S should and look for STALKERs who were requested to be found.

Dirty said:
My problem is you built a huge fucking base under the map, inassesible to anyone but your group. I used observe because I had a feeling you were using an underground base, and ICly we would of known of a underground sewer/tunnel system. If you make a base underground be prepared to defend against attacks. The reason for them attacking is bullshit, I agree that it's metagame. In Duty's case we searched the entire map, so of course we would then go into the tunnel system.

the base isn't exactly 'fucking huge.'
it's a prison cell and then an area with a few couches.

Dirty said:

The tunnel system you observed into on md_stalkerredux assuming there was a hidden entrance somewhere that you could claim to have found was actually not located on stalkerredux at all but simply a dupe we spawned which is part of rp_stalker because we fled to that hideout IC. It's a small pocket of tiny rooms off to the side of the underground tunnel system and consists of a broom closet turned holding cell, with some beds and couches and a kitchen crammed into the same room. We are using it strictly to avoid being metagamed as a result of using an existing building and it is fully authed by all or most admins to my knowledge.

The tunnel's themselves are large, I was being dramatic. But if everyone did this there would be no bases above ground.

I believe those determined to be knowingly participating in this type of metagame should be punished for it. I personally doubt that Keefe and Tami were knowingly metagaming, though I'm not sure about Lonewolf, who has done this before, and Michael Scott, who I don't actually know, but they were all involved so I've listed their names.

I have never Metagamed. What are you talking about Pirate? I want an explanation for this bullshit that you are trying to pull on me when I haven't done shit to you. I was on last night building onto one of the trade buildings in Loner town and before that I was playing Phoenix Wright through an emulator on my PC.

lonewolf1925 said:
I have never Metagamed. What are you talking about Pirate? I want an explanation for this bullshit that you are trying to pull on me when I haven't done shit to you. I was on last night building onto one of the trade buildings in Loner town and before that I was playing Pheonix Wright through an Emulator on my PC.

I was told you were involved with the party that entered the hideout. If you weren't then that's what you need to say.

some1 gave a list of names of people involved and you were included in that list

erroneously or not stop looking for trouble lonewolf thats my job

Hello, yes, Osprey here.

I will tell you people exactly what I told Pirate.

"I didn't know, at first, that you were holding Silovic. Nor did I know the location of your hideout. We came across it whilst underground. A door. I was told, well, asked by Diana knight, to help find SILOVIC. An entire group of stalkers combed the entire map, and, the last place we checked was underground. We were walking through the tunnels, and saw a door. When we saw that the door was not operable, we asked an admin to get involved. That's it."

Not our fault that the location that you chose for your doomsday bunker was in a well-traveled, actively searched area of the map. The tunnels leading to the underground bunker/lab thing.

I'll stay out of this now, but I'd just like if there was some possible access point that is /known/ to a few people. Like Lily or some Ecologists, just to make it "fair" to people.

pirate said:
I was told you were involved with the party that entered the hideout. If you weren't then that's what you need to say.

That is what I just said. I wasn't involved in any RP last night.

Furitaon said:
Hello, yes, Osprey here.

I will tell you people exactly what I told Pirate.

"I didn't know, at first, that you were holding Silovic. Nor did I know the location of your hideout. We came across it whilst underground. A door. I was told, well, asked by Diana knight, to help find SILOVIC. An entire group of stalkers combed the entire map, and, the last place we checked was underground. We were walking through the tunnels, and saw a door. When we saw that the door was not operable, we asked an admin to get involved. That's it."

Not our fault that the location that you chose for your doomsday bunker was in a well-traveled, actively searched area of the map. The tunnels leading to the underground bunker/lab thing.

If there was another place on the map for it then we would've used it, problem being that we built that base directly to avoid being metagamed because "I been here for event 500 00 times I know exactly how the building laid out".

Here is a good example of why Source maps are too limited for what we do.

It is your fault that you decided to ignore the obvious reasoning for us doing what we did the way we did it and default to the easy explanation so you could win.

I wouldn't put it beneath the party involved to have found the underground base using observe before deciding to comb the underground, which is a very dangerous place oft filled with mutants and Monolith, and then scoured the area for the entrance that they concluded must be there somewhere.

Because, you know, Stalkers hang around down there all the time. Sounds ideal for a base.

i won't post until i see more than 2-3 player's point of view,
in the meantime try not to coax each other into flaming

At the very least, we should wipe the observe flags belonging to the offenders and move the entrance to the base, seeing as everyone and his mother now knows exactly where it is.

You think they would've taken a hint after being told to cease and desist the first time, when nothing had changed?

Additionally I was told by Tutt that they had to be told repeatedly by Deadmon to be pried away from it as they were dead-set on getting in, and Dinner expressed to me that Osprey intended to return today and try again, contrary to Osprey himself telling me that they left as soon as they were asked to and agreed to void it forever.

Which means someone in this treehouse is lying. No rewards for correct guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread