Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this is punishable at this point.

Also I don't necessarily agree with magic faction rabbit holes.

Dark_Knight said:

Blatant metagame driven by a desire to rescue a kidnapped faction member when the kidnappers are being incredibly careful to conceal his location is most certainly against the rules, unethical, and punishable.

Neither me or K33f3 have obs on the characters we were using and we didn't use it. Not once. Neither did Clav', however he may or may not have it.

Rob Cowman said:
Neither me or K33f3 have obs on the characters we were using and we didn't use it. Not once. Neither did Clav', however he may or may not have it.

All you have individually been accused of is involvement and potential complacency with deliberate metagame. Unless any evidence surfaces that you, Clavier, Keefe etc were aware that Osprey was making shit up and went along with it anyway, you aren't actually in the danger zone here, but to cover all bases I listed all the names that were mentioned to me.

The individuals here I'm locked on to are Osprey and Dinner.

Dirty said:
How is it not moral. It's a video game.

I didn't use the word moral. It's unethical in the same sense that using an aimbot in a competitive shooter like CSS is unethical.

If an entrance is placed on the surface that clearly indicates it's there I don't see why not.

Considering the nature of the faction, it's actions, and it's OOC members, people are going to powergame and metagame them, as has been displayed in attempts before today.

Dark_Knight said:

It's not a magic faction rabbit hole, it's a hideout we received auths to create in the interest of not using an existing building for the reason that everyone's been inside every building in existence on this shoebox cage match map.

un·eth·i·cal
ˌənˈeTHikəl/
adjective
not morally correct.
"it is unethical to torment any creature for entertainment"
synonyms: immoral, amoral, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonorable, dishonest, wrong, deceitful, unconscionable, unfair, fraudulent, underhanded, wicked, evil, sneaky, corrupt; More

Being unethical is kicking a cat, metagaming is nothing like that. Maybe if he forced rape RP then it would be unethical, immoral.

Hey, hey.
The only reason that we assembled at the /door/ was because it was a door that we NEVER had seen before; all of us being seasoned STALKERS, coupled with the fact that we had never seen the door before, brought our attention to this door in particular. We didn't ICLY know Silo was in there, nor did we know OOCLY. We assembled at the door, which we didn't know OOCLY whether or not it was locked, how it was locked, and which security systems came along with it. We got an admin involved. If we were metagaming, I doubt that we would have personally called upon an admin to help us out regarding what we should do next.

If you make a base in the hallway, represented by a large blast-door, don't expect it not to be found, man.

Now, I do not understand why /I/ am being 'locked' onto. I simply went along with the group that stumbled upon the base.

Calm it down.

Dirty said:
un·eth·i·cal
ˌənˈeTHikəl/
adjective
not morally correct.
synonyms: immoral, amoral, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonorable, dishonest, wrong, deceitful, unconscionable, unfair, fraudulent, underhanded, wicked, evil, sneaky, corrupt; More

Being unethical is kicking a cat, metagaming is nothing like that. Maybe if he forced rape RP then it would be unethical, immoral.

Please don't omit dictionary definitions to your benefit.

un·eth·i·cal [uhn-eth-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective
lacking moral principles; unwilling to adhere to proper rules of conduct.

— adj
not ethical; improper: companies involved in unethical practices

ethical   Use Ethical in a sentence
eth·i·cal [eth-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective
pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality; pertaining to right and wrong in conduct.
being in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice
, especially the standards of a profession: It was not considered ethical for physicians to advertise.
(of drugs) sold only upon medical prescription.

Furitaon said:
Hey, hey.
The only reason that we assembled at the /door/ was because it was a door that we NEVER had seen before; all of us being seasoned STALKERS, coupled with the fact that we had never seen the door before, brought our attention to this door in particular. We didn't ICLY know Silo was in there, nor did we know OOCLY. We assembled at the door, which we didn't know OOCLY whether or not it was locked, how it was locked, and which security systems came along with it. We got an admin involved. If we were metagaming, I doubt that we would have personally called upon an admin to help us out regarding what we should do next.

If you make a base in the hallway, represented by a large blast-door, don't expect it not to be found, man.

You had to be asked multiple times by multiple people including two admins to leave it alone and then expressed intent to return today to try again once we were on. If your intent was merely curiosity you would not have been so persistent. What you wanted to do was allow OOC knowledge to guide your character into "accidentally discovering" Silovik, hoping no-one would notice, and that if they did, assuming you'd be able to say "Well The Door Was Rly Obvious Lol!!!"

Dirty said:
un·eth·i·cal
ˌənˈeTHikəl/
adjective
not morally correct.

please dont quote a dictionary definition when discussing something. it makes you look like a pretentious fool and adds nothing to the discussion other than to imply that you think the person you are talking with is an idiot.

metagaming is unethical- the very definition you linked supports that. metagaming is the closest thing to cheating there is in roleplay. if you don't think cheating is dishonest, wrong, deceitful, or unconscionable then i question whether you understand what roleplay is.

Thirdly, on the 'he didn't add me to avoid explaining the situation' bit.

I was at lacrosse/school orientation all day, and my phone is always online with the Steam App.

I added Pirate as /soon/ as I checked my Steam app, and promptly replied to his ranting accusations.

I /never/ expressed the intent to 'return today'. Those were the words of the company I was with. As I said before, it was to my understanding that it was voided Pirate. Stop twisting my words, and making it look like I said something that I didn't say. Thank you.

It seems absurd to me that a group of "seasoned" Stalkers who had been around the block a few times would happen upon a door in an area they had explored countless times before, that IC had always been there, but just now "notice" it as if it just popped into existence the other day.

And don't pretend like you didn't hold "E" on it to see who created the door, realize it was the spot, and then contact an admin in the hopes of forcing your way in.

Furitaon said:
Thirdly, on the 'he didn't add me to avoid explaining the situation' bit.

I was at lacrosse/school orientation all day, and my phone is always online with the Steam App.

I added Pirate as /soon/ as I checked my Steam app, and promptly replied to his ranting accusations.

You were talking to Raspberry actively until he asked you to accept my SF invite at which point you promptly went "Away". You also told me you were at Los Angeles International Airport.

Furitaon said:
I /never/ expressed the intent to 'return today'. Those were the words of the company I was with. As I said before, it was to my understanding that it was voided Pirate. Stop twisting my words, and making it look like I said something that I didn't say. Thank you.

12:51 PM - Dinner: it is not my fault he said he knew where it was after a search party went around the whole map. i did not expose the location at all, and when one of the admins came over and talked to us about there most likely being alot of defenses, we voided it until you all got on tommorow. though, honestly, I DONT WANT THEM TO COME AND TRY TO BREAK ME OUT. all that will happen is the three regulators/rejects whatever you are will kill everyone and come out unscathed, as with the ukm. im done takling about this, everything was dealt with. you have shown to be a complete piece of shit just like everyone tells me you are.

e: Come to think of it it's a little odd you made sure Dinner was on but we weren't. Why is he referring to your group as 'we' when he was in our custody?

Also, do not pin this all on me. All of the people involved were talking to the admin about how they did not agree with the circumstances of the base itself.

Furitaon said:
Also, do not pin this all on me. All of the people involved were talking to the admin about how they did not agree with the circumstances of the base itself.

That seems pretty irrelevant seeing as, what, seven admins authorized its existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread