Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So, then, the keypad would have been new, along with the possible indicators of freshly installed motivators for a deadbolt system linked to it. It would easily show that there was recently activity, and easily justifiable as them investigating the door that had been there 'forever'.

So a keypad appears on the wall. Is someone really going to say, "Gee, I never noticed that keypad before, this must be where Silovik is being held, blow the door!"

And the servo/deadbolt system can't be seen from the outside because it's on the other side of the door. Otherwise you could just take the servo off and move the deadbolt yourself, which defeats the purpose of the whole system.

i think people fail to realize also that there's always atleast one person at the base under normal circumstances, considering there's a prisoner

pirate said:
So a keypad appears on the wall. Is someone really going to say, "Gee, I never noticed that keypad before, blow the door!"

And the servo/deadbolt system can't be seen from the outside because it's on the other side of the door. Otherwise you could just take the servo off and move the deadbolt yourself, which defeats the purpose of the whole system.

Alright, then the keypad is there. And if it were 'always there', they would have looked into it. I'm sure that it's some newer, shielded variant numeric keypad, and would have contrasted everything else that looked rusted and old in the labs.

Fyeonthetoilet said:
Alright, then the keypad is there. And if it were 'always there', they would have looked into it. I'm sure that it's some newer, shielded variant numeric keypad, and would have contrasted everything else that looked rusted and old in the labs.

The first door leads to a short hallway with the second door at the end of it. According to McCrae this is actually the one where the keypad was installed so from the outside nothing would appear to have changed at all. The first door has a manual deadbolt, operated from the inside by hand only, and would be locked as well. It would only be open when all three of us were out so we could let ourselves back in. As long as someone's in the base, that bolt is locked.

Nice, the first day I come back from a community that just recently fell and...I have a ban request. I'm Michael Scott and have no idea what is going on, I just kinda followed the group as they seemed to know what they were doing

rusrec said:
Nice, the first day I come back from a community that just recently fell and...I have a ban request. I'm Michael Scott and have no idea what is going on, I just kinda followed the group as they seemed to know what they were doing

I believe those determined to be knowingly participating in this type of metagame should be punished for it. I personally doubt that Keefe and Tami were knowingly metagaming, though I'm not sure about Lonewolf, who has done this before, and Michael Scott, who I don't actually know, but they were all involved so I've listed their names.

5chars

pirate said:
Osprey knew OOC. He knew because Dinner told him OOC. He hasn't denied this once.

I did, in fact deny this. I did not speak with Dinner OOCLY for the entire incident.

Having fun reading this, even though me and pirate have had shit storms with each other before, I can agree to where he could say meta game, but that's not saying I believe that's what happened.

pirate said:
So a keypad appears on the wall. Is someone really going to say, "Gee, I never noticed that keypad before.

We didn't notice the entire door.

There are so many posts already.. I am just going to say what I can. I had no contact with the ones that came to find my character until after when they began to be yelled at for not being able to come into the base. If any are interested in why I was on the character, I had previously been given observe flags by Mccrae under the reasons that Silo is the only char I regularly play (and if I wanted to view events like the funeral/other combat rp while Silo was stuck in the off-map base). I had been on him at the time to help some others with ooc stuff while he was in the underground, and he was my only char with observe.-- As Diana (Michael Scott) got on, they immediately realized my absence and lack of PDA's. It was brought up in passive RP, and the NSS stalkers that were on obliged to help. They scoured the entire map (with rp) to look for him. As I heard that one of them knew ICly where the place was once they had reached the underground, I assumed my IC position in the base. Deadmon brought them in, and they were halted soon after by another admin (I was told it was Aimosal, but I am not familiar). There as a small argument about the base being unreachable and under the map, and the rp was quickly voided since none of the rejects were on. No harm done (In my opinion), we would continue the rp when the rejects could actually react the next day. Once I had actually woken up and gotten on my computer around.. not sure.. 2pm EST? I got a friend request from Pirate. From all that I had heard about him being.. (so as to keep as professional as possible and not cuss).. a horrible person, it became quite true. The messages went as follows (I can screenshot, but none of these are forged or changed in any way)

--------------------------------------
pirate: hello dinner
Dinner: hi
pirate: you owe me a very good explanation for the events of last night or you and your compadrinos will be facing bans
Dinner: omg
Dinner: it was voided that they even went their
Dinner: even though one of them knew where it was
pirate: no
pirate: 0% of them knew where it was
pirate: osprey has never been there
pirate: never seen us enter
pirate: never
pirate: ever
pirate: had
Dinner: then talk to osprey about
pirate: any
pirate: knowledge
pirate: of
pirate: the
Dinner: then TALK TO HIM
pirate: location
Dinner: stop spamming me
pirate: period
pirate: start thinking then
pirate: he's refusing to cooperate and you're the next most obvious suspect
Dinner: like i said
Dinner: i didnt say anything
Dinner: if he wanted to look there after they scoured the map
pirate: i dont think you understand
pirate: they dont get to look at a nondescript door and think
Dinner: then thats what it was. if he didnt have knowledge, then expain that.
pirate: hmm the rejects must use this as a base
Dinner: osprey
Dinner: said he knew
pirate: osprey
pirate: deos not
pirate: know
pirate: ;period
Dinner: OK
Dinner: we went through that
pirate: tell him to accept my fucking sf invite
Dinner: i regret doing it so im not actually sure i should
pirate: my patience for this type of shit is incredibly low especially when i have to deal with it while im working
Dinner: if you have such a low patience then take a break because you are a complete asshole right now per usual
pirate: why might i be being a complete asshole
pirate: let's see
Dinner: no
Dinner: im literally about to block you
pirate: you metagamed and attempted a breakout with your le teamspeak buddies from a hideout location we have gone to extreme lengths to secure and keep private
pirate: the only reason it was voided is that an admin told you to fuck off but that doesn't mean i'm going to drop it because what you attempted to do is a very direct violation of the rules and contrary to the storytelling element of serious roleplay
pirate: so until i get an explanation im going to pursue this as vehemently as necessary to make sure all of you either understand that what you did was fucking stupid or are removed from the rp environment
Dinner: it is not my fault he said he knew where it was after a search party went around the whole map. i did not expose the location at all, and when one of the admins came over and talked to us about there most likely being alot of defenses, we voided it until you all got on tommorow. though, honestly, I DONT WANT THEM TO COME AND TRY TO BREAK ME OUT. all that will happen is the three regulators/rejects whatever you are will kill everyone and come out unscathed, as with the ukm. im done takling about this, everything was dealt with. you have shown to be a complete piece of shit just like everyone tells me you are.
pirate is now Offline.
--------------------------------------

^Removed him at that point. I was ready to have a civil discussion and explain things, and I understand his anger, but it was out of line when things were voided almost instantly.

Those logs are 100% unaltered and unabridged. At the time that that conversation occurred I had recently been informed (~30 mins since) and the situation was not clear because the only source of information I had trying to get to the bottom of this was Tutt who was on and off AFK. I was also at work, on my lunch break.

I haven't changed my opinion on anything I said there with the new revelations except that everyone involved was at fault, when I now believe it to have strictly been Dinner and Osprey. Everything from my point of view still points to metagame and I still think those two deserve bans for it.

And with the relevance of Osprey 'knowing where it was', I mean in the context of knowing one area the search party had not looked. Not that he knew who, what, anything, that was behind the door. It was a last ditch effort, when the entirety of the map had turned up with no leads or anything (other than places like the Monolith base, of course, but still), they searched one last place.

I'm arguing that he knew OOC which is why he decided 'that one last spot' was worth all that trouble.

Osprey wasn't the one who went through all the trouble though.

Everyone else did, and seeing our plight, he tried to help. The relationships between the characters is why Osprey did it, as far as I'm concerned.

Pirate, seriously, get over it. People metagamble like this all the time. I mean, damn son. If the door had been there forever, and they scoured everything else, there's very little reason for them to not investigate the one place they haven't, and could possibly, look. Yeah, I'm sure there was some degree of metagame when they saw the door there spawned by 'Reject #3' or whatever, but it's to be expected. You can't possibly expect everyone on the server to ignore it, when you took your kidnapee to an impenetrable fort in the wall, behind some obscure door that they're not allowed to check out.

There's no way to prove they did or didn't. Could they be banned for it? Yeah, sure, if the admins believe they were metagaming. But rambling on about this only stirs the pot. Somebody lock this and make a decision.

Are you all still going on about this?

Watching you all argue is like watching two retarded walruses hump a cantaloupe.

You're all retarded, and you'll still probably eat the cantaloupe afterwards.

Can we lock please? This has gone no-where and I think the resolution was decided by the admins 8 pages ago.

cantaloupe-slice.svg

I know it's bad form to lock threads that you're directly involved with, but I think I'm allowed to this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread