Dinner, Osprey, Lonewolf, Keefe, Tami, Michael Scott - Hardcore metagame

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The room may have been accessed at some point in the history of the area by another group using a similar technique. There's no reason to assume the room didn't exist or was completely untouched until we gained possession of it, however that was not the method applied by Osprey's group so they could not have gotten in.

Furitaon said:
Do you have the RP of installing the security systems, and do any of you have IC capabilities that would allow you to install such systems?

They were already there.

pirate said:
The room may have been accessed at some point in the history of the area by another group using a similar technique. There's no reason to assume the room didn't exist or was completely untouched until we gained possession of it, however that was not the method applied by Osprey's group so they could not have gotten in.

Do you want to re-iterate yourself.

I'm going to this some facts about these rooms that you have access to.

It was always there IC.
It was locked via passcode.
It was ICly occupied, maybe, by other groups in the past. But not in-game ones, or actual other players.
The passcode was gained via a code-breaker.
It came into existence OOCly once it was confirmed as your base.
It has four layers of security, the first being a large blast door, and was little more than a series of storage rooms.

Seems a little off. I'd have been alright with it if the door had been placed there for a week in advance, and other people were given a chance to investigate it, rather than you immediately having full access to it. Don't really think it pertains to the topic at hand, but I dunno.

Also, like you said, if there were people that occupied that area before, there'd definitely be cause to check it out if they were sweeping.

It's not large. It's an ordinary sized door like the one that leads into the event underground, and in the same manmade complex. And the door had been there the whole time we were renovating the hideout and has been there ever since when McCrae is on to spawn the dupe and nobody's fucked with it until this precise incident where they happened to be looking for someone they knew OOCly was inside.

I also love how you guys keep putting words in my mouth. "You said the system wasn't there before!" "You said it was a large blast door!"

Keep your fucking facts straight if you want to post "facts."

Layers of security, in order:

Secrecy
Nondescript nature
External keypad door
Internal deadbolts

pirate said:
It's not large. It's an ordinary sized door like the one that leads into the underground. And the door had been there the whole time we were renovating the hideout and has been there ever since when McCrae is on to spawn the dupe and nobody's fucked with it until this precise incident where they happened to be looking for someone they knew OOCly was inside.

I also love how you guys keep putting words in my mouth. "You said the system wasn't there before!" "You said it was a large blast door!"

Keep your fucking facts straight if you want to post "facts."

Right, sorry. A large(in comparison to a person) blast door comparable in size and shape to the one leading to the underground entrance. The point is, it seems rather important, and would warrant some further study from the rest of the Stalkers in the area.

pirate said:
It's not large. It's an ordinary sized door like the one that leads into the event underground, and in the same manmade complex. And the door had been there the whole time we were renovating the hideout and has been there ever since when McCrae is on to spawn the dupe and nobody's fucked with it until this precise incident where they happened to be looking for someone they knew OOCly was inside.

Who knew, and how would they have know, Pirate.

Fyeonthetoilet said:
Right, sorry. A large(in comparison to a person) blast door comparable in size and shape to the one leading to the underground entrance. The point is, it seems rather important, and would warrant some further study from the rest of the Stalkers in the area.

Which they were free to do at any other time. Nobody did. Several people came up to it, interacted with it, and lost interest when it was said to be locked. Nobody went running and said HEY HEY HEY GUYS I FOUND A LOCKED DOOR I BET THERES TREASURE/KIDNAPPING VICTIMS/SCARY MERCS BEHIND IT

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
Who knew, and how would they have know, Pirate.

Osprey knew OOC. He knew because Dinner told him OOC. He hasn't denied this once.

pirate said:
Which they were free to do at any other time. Nobody did. Several people came up to it, interacted with it, and lost interest when it was said to be locked. Nobody went running and said HEY HEY HEY GUYS I FOUND A LOCKED DOOR I BET THERES TREASURE/KIDNAPPING VICTIMS/SCARY MERCS BEHIND IT

Osprey knew OOC. He knew because Dinner told him.

Maybe you should have mentioned the keypad, or something of the like. Or put it there as a prop, next to the door.

I wasn't there to mention the keypad because they did it at 2 AM after we were all asleep. After I did mention the keypad in this thread they said "well we bruteforced it"

pirate said:
I wasn't there to mention the keypad because they did it at 2 AM after we were all asleep. After I did mention the keypad in this thread they said "well we bruteforced it"

Then you should have the door there at some point in the future, and place the pad next to the door prop, and mention it having power.

I discussed it with McCrae and he told me the keypad was installed by Hellhound using an exo servo to operate a deadbolt, so there's your answer for where it came from which also negates the code cracker. I wasn't aware of the workings of the door so I was simply operating off best guess knowing only that the keypad existed.

Fyeonthetoilet said:
Then you should have the door there at some point in the future, and place the pad next to the door prop, and mention it having power.

then they'll just sit there for about 10 seconds doing /ME PULLS OUT HIS CODE BREAKER AND HE PUTS IT AGAINST THE CODE PAD AND HE OPENS THE GATE FREES SILOVIK HERO OF ZOne while we're not on

pirate said:
I discussed it with McCrae and he told me the keypad was installed by Hellhound using an exo servo to operate a deadbolt, so there's your answer for where it came from which also negates the code cracker. I wasn't aware of the workings of the door so I was simply operating off best guess knowing only that the keypad existed.

Alright, then. If it were not electrically based initially, how did he integrate a keypad with a blast door's internal components? Not like you can just, cut it open. It is a blast door, after all.

dougal said:
then they'll just sit there for about 10 seconds doing /ME PULLS OUT HIS CODE BREAKER AND HE PUTS IT AGAINST THE CODE PAD AND HE OPENS THE GATE FREES SILOVIK HERO OF ZOne while we're not on

And they'll be told to return later for the same reason as before; you weren't on.

It's not internal, it's a deadbolt welded to the door on the inside-side being moved by a servomotor - like the one on the inside of your house's front door, but made from larger components and automated.

The thing about cutting blast doors open is it happens because of how cutting works. Blast doors are typically all one tempered metal so that it won't let radiation through (as opposed to how alloys let it seep through in small amounts) and can protect from directed and area blasts, the like from grenades, rockets, mines, and charge detonations. While it might not perfectly survive direct hits, those are meant to protect from ones nearby to the door. Obviously, special penetrators will make quick work of it, but that doesn't guarantee the door will open if it's been destroyed.

Cutting is a precise method of destroying a choice path whereas blowing it up is just putting a fireball on it and hoping for the best.

pirate said:
Osprey knew OOC. He knew because Dinner told him OOC. He hasn't denied this once.

He didn't join the search until we had exhausted all other locations.

pirate said:

I'm just saying, basing an argument in "it's locked" is flimsy at best.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
He didn't join the search until we had exhausted all other locations.

And he magically knew exactly where to go - which is why he's being accused of metagame. Even you guys ignored the door on your first pass, according to Clavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread