Half Life 2 - City 13 FAQ

Didn't know their identity was on their armband in hlna. The whole reason for their masks in hl2 is to keep anonymity, so I can't imagine having their identity on their armband makes too much sense

Didn't know their identity was on their armband in hlna. The whole reason for their masks in hl2 is to keep anonymity, so I can't imagine having their identity on their armband makes too much sense

Yeah, it was kept throughout every iteration.

That's why units would flip them around to do anything on camera but was also used as justification the few times rebels wanted to target specific units and was used to pinpoint units with stolen suits because a flipped/non-existant armband was obviously very suspect.

Its not something I've ever liked, honestly and would (personally) rather see it removed so units have a better chance at remaining anonymous.

Its not something I've ever liked, honestly and would (personally) rather see it removed so units have a better chance at remaining anonymous.
I think the main reason armbands have numbers is because we don't really roleplay units having HUDS inside their helmets, nor anything else that could ID a unit non-visually. You could probably get away with some vocal pattern of recognition but whatever, tbh.

At least I don't recall ever roleplaying a HUD. I think at one point (C45?) units had different on and off duty numbers, but I could be mistaken.

i always thought of armbands as a way for units to identify one another rather than citizens identifying them. it is absolutely a roleplay limitation but usually people are pretty good about it. the best citizen/rebel players dont (wont) use it as powergame or something like that. personally i dont see too much of those issues arising personally, but i absolutely have heard it happening.

but basically dont be a dick abt it guys

I honestly think Civil Protection could do with more anonymity to bolster people's OOC confidence in doing stuff without fear of being targetted. I'm not entirely sure if they exist still, but removing the armband that gives out everything up to and including your social security number would be a start because it was one of the main reasons I remember hearing units didn't do more back in NA

Why not allow CCA players of higher ranks the ability to play a somewhat 'throwable' 04 character to be more loose and try out different avenues of roleplay? Arm them with a stun baton and send them on their way.

I have a lot of social anxiety and I know this would help tremendously.

Why not allow CCA players of higher ranks the ability to play a somewhat 'throwable' 04 character to be more loose and try out different avenues of roleplay? Arm them with a stun baton and send them on their way.

I've heard of some field commanders who had low rank units for precisely that purpose. Obviously they make sure not to get promoted and stuff

I've heard of some field commanders who had low rank units for precisely that purpose. Obviously they make sure not to get promoted and stuff

I get that entirely, maybe introduce a set of IDs that are only used for these characters I.e CCA.619--.I only see it as a win-win situation, might be good to implement for 02+. I'd go a step further by trying to incentive full RP logs on private forums where people break-down the interaction to figure out what worked and what didn't.

Good to see people soo full of energy again for RP, keep it up yall 😁

I get that entirely, maybe introduce a set of IDs that are only used for these characters I.e CCA.619--.I only see it as a win-win situation, might be good to implement for 02+. I'd go a step further by trying to incentive full RP logs on private forums where people break-down the interaction to figure out what worked and what didn't.

Good to see people soo full of energy again for RP, keep it up yall 😁
Problem is this can easily promote units to be more inactive. It may be ok if it's for a sql, where the squad will just fall into ruin if they get caught doing front line stuff. Unless they have a good lineup of people to replace them ofc (though that could still be interesting for changing squad dynamics/politics)

Problem is this can easily promote units to be more inactive. It may be ok if it's for a sql, where the squad will just fall into ruin if they get caught doing front line stuff. Unless they have a good lineup of people to replace them ofc (though that could still be interesting for changing squad dynamics/politics)

Maybe do it on a case-by-case interation for people who really need to try something new without worrying about loosing their character over? I dunno, it always seems like cops have soo much pressure on them that creating individuality puts your neck out for everyone else to target. Fault him as much as you want but Doog or whatever his name was got shit done and people liked having that presence on the server even if they didn't like the individual. Shit, the rebels talked about him like the boogeyman.

Putting yourself out their RP wise and accepting any coincidences realistically is the hardest thing to-do because fuck loosing, we always wanna win, but life isn't like that and unfortunately that's hard to manage when you control every aspect of a situation by words alone.

Feeling ranty, been listening to Joey Diaz. Stay black cocksuckas!

I'd rather look at it on a case-by-case basis rather than have this be the standard. As mentioned in the handbook it is generally one unit per-person. If we allowed too many to have additional unit characters (rather than just purely an event character which is a whole different thing) they'll generally just be more carefree or erratic. Joining the CCA is a risk in of itself and I would like to generally promote just having a single unit.

Speaking personally from when I ran CASTLE after @Cossack left (good to see you back btw), we didn't even have to do much - literally the two Rogues caught themselves by being legitimately obvious and we utterly ignored BEAR doing corrupt stuff - before people got nervous and just stopped doing anything that wasn't by-the-book.

People convinced themselves that they were gonna get caught and killed for even minor corruption even when we (and FC) didn't touch that at all.
cca was at its peak when ppl saw a bear unit coming around the corner and just said "oh great the fucking pipe guy"

The real issue is that a lot of people are playing to win, not roleplaying to create a fulfilling story and have fun. Granted, it's okay if you want to play like that, everyone plays this game their own way. But personally, I write a story and accept the consequences of my actions.

cca was at its peak when shield cmds were hovering using magnetic implants and superheating lead pipes to turn them into lightsabers

cca was at its peak when I got my shoulder smashed with a brick and nearly drowned in a water trough for being 30 credits in debt to the cca funding my store.

Users who are viewing this thread