Half Life 2 - City 13 FAQ

As much as I want there to be a date I don't want them to rush.

Like make it a fucking masterpiece as long as ur reasonable on time, but dont set a date then rush for it.

Putting the responsibility on devs/admins is an L take.

It’s a roleplay server it’s only going to be as good as the effort the PLAYERS put into it.

mine's been checked and i can't peep it either, for whatever that's worth

maybe my eyes are busted though
figured this one out, by the way

if you have this problem and your archives access is checked, you need to uncheck it, save, wait a second, recheck it, and then save again

finally i can style match with my old IC threads

It’s a roleplay server it’s only going to be as good as the effort the PLAYERS put into it.
server is still in development and locked to admins/devs... wtf u want us to do mate? I get what ur sayin but it's out of context to what Watchman is trying to say lol.

I was initially not going to even offer a response but fuck it.

You're intentionally misconstruing what I said. To run we need A. A framework for players to play in. B. Administrative support for players to do their tasks in place prior to launch, since admins undeniably have more power to create roleplay than others through the tools given to them, and C. Admins are vital to creating the atmosphere though filtering players actions to create a cohesive server.

Admins are, 50% of the server, even if few in number, while the players are 50%. Both are vital to the success of the server. An anarchy server would not do well, and admins are currently helping guide the script direction in what I believe to be a favorable direction. I'm willing to wait for their best work, before we the players step in to do our part.

EDIT - Tbh I rather enjoy the direction admins are guiding us and I think if we were guided purely by player direction it might be a bit wild west right now.

Last edited:
Extremely late to the party but i'm glad to see HL2RP getting another shot to shine in the spotlight once more.

Although I'm probably blind and it's mentioned in the thread somewhere I think, are we gonna have the previous ability to apply for advanced tool trust again and create interesting mini locales and rat spots to spruce up the blander parts of the city?

Extremely late to the party but i'm glad to see HL2RP getting another shot to shine in the spotlight once more.

Although I'm probably blind and it's mentioned in the thread somewhere I think, are we gonna have the previous ability to apply for advanced tool trust again and create interesting mini locales and rat spots to spruce up the blander parts of the city?
Just /a for TT on server. It's the kind of thing that if abused is easy enough to remove.

Other perms, please see this subforum.

Just /a for TT on server. It's the kind of thing that if abused is easy enough to remove.

Other perms, please see this subforum.
Highly understandable as I've seen such issues occur before in the past, I'm just always a fan of location and scene setting. Just was curious on said implementation this go around since I recall you used to be able to buy a "TNB Package" that would allow more usage of ragdolls bodies, ropes, etc.

Highly understandable as I've seen such issues occur before in the past, I'm just always a fan of location and scene setting. Just was curious on said implementation this go around since I recall you used to be able to buy a "TNB Package" that would allow more usage of ragdolls bodies, ropes, etc.
why is you r profile picture so scarey. please Changing it.

I have some qualms about drugs and medical items. How exactly will they be used in this iteration compared to others from before? Like for instance the hard to talk about "Vort Weed'.

I have some qualms about drugs and medical items. How exactly will they be used in this iteration compared to others from before? Like for instance the hard to talk about "Vort Weed'.
admin usage only we can't just give everyone superpowers like that

We're generally pretty lax about giving people tool trust here compared to communities that use building and tools in general as a revenue incentive so unless there's major concerns everyone gets the same level of tool trust.

Now as an aside I'll be up front and say that this setting is definitely something that requires a give and take between the players and the admins that bring it to you.

First off, I want to stress that we don't have a developer, not in the vein of Tanknut or Rusty etc, we have someone that's stepped up to learn and offer help. I do not want to position us in a way that we're going to over promise things and under deliver, which is why I said we are rolling with what we have. Now with that said, DeadEye and Mickee are absolutely stepping up to bring new things to the table and Mickee in particular has been readily willing to learn, I just want to stress that the only things that will really be visibily different are the weapons and the clothing, especially as aesthetic choices we're choosing for the setting.

There's something for everyone in this HL2 and I hope the majority of people will give it an earnest try.

Also yes Vortigaunt stuff will be up soon....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread