rp_pripyat_hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this about 6 months ago originally as a canals server idea, but then realised I could make something more of it.

Picked up on it a few days ago and did a load of work to restructure this original StalkerRP map into something thats actually useful for us.

So, the plan is........

• To combine server 1/2/3 dynamics by having all aspects in one map. To maximise the amount of players on a single server rather than spreading across 3 or 4.
  • The center of the map is what we consider "City roleplay".
  • A perimeter wall runs around the district 360 degrees.
  • On the other side of the perimeter wall, is considered canals / outlands territory.
  • The entire map is one huge dilapidated urban zone but surrounded by mixed scrubland, warehouses, farmhouses, old buildings etc.
  • Those who want to do Citizen roleplay can do so.
  • Those who want to do resistance roleplay can leave the city realistically by actually escaping through one of many methods.
  • By using transition points, anyone who has been to server 2 will then respawn back into the map already in the outland areas so they dont have to keep spawning inside the perimeter wall.
  • Also has canals, sewers, underground labs, bunkers.
  • Outland area is extensive with at least 5 key safehouses at each corner of the map rather than most where the rebels always hide in one spot. CCA / COTA patrols outside of the perimeter walls will have a long task to check all of the spots routinely.
  • Totally open plan layout.

I'll be hopefully running a stress test tomorrow night after I do a final compile and get it all uploaded to workshop.

In terms of optimisation, I have a decent PC so its hard to say how well it will fare on low end machines but thus far I havnt had any problems.
My only worry that it uses max brushes / entities / etc so it could become unstable at high populations but we'll see.

I may try and fit in a few more useful buildings before finishing just to make it better for loyalist groups etc.

2015-08-27_00005.jpg

2015-08-27_00001.jpg

2015-08-27_00006.jpg

2015-08-27_00004.jpg

2015-08-27_00003.jpg

2015-08-27_00002.jpg

pripyatplan.jpg

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507561128

Rowtree said:
Can you remove the pripyat sign in the outlands
im not lazy, i retranslated it to something new....i thought i made to "city 17" but now I cant remember it was ages ago and apparantly it dosnt read that now.....hmnmmm....mystery

There needs to be some blocky filler buildings otherwise it just feels empty and too open.

You were making a point earlier in the thread about how the combine repurpose things, yes, this is factual I think Syms T6 Garrison is probably one of the best examples of this I have seen in recent times. The CCA isn't going to just leave huge gaps in their potential security IE a hole in the wall. They'd force one of the labor groups to come out and brick that shit up or patch it with concrete.

Please don't leave a ton of holes in the Garrison. I don't look forward to recieving more messages because you and the boys decided to play bandit and break in through a literal hole in the wall of the Nexus.

we can just togglesave combine walls over whatever holes there are anyway it doesn't matter.

Hey I was on the map and I noticed that a minge can jump from the terminal hotel out of the city. Just a heads up in case you didn't know

I like the openness of the map, but I think a few things need to be a little more rigid. As others have stated the city is far too easy to escape - there should only be one or two areas you can pull it off, the less-obvious the better.

The other thing I feel should be changed is the general theme of the map. I think adding in a few more combine augmentations to the buildings or a poster here and there would make it seem more like a depressing area in Hl2 instead of a weird mix between it and Stalker. Some of the buildings along the edge of the map (that you can't enter) have goofy sizes and look out of place, it'd be nice if that was cleaned up too.

Spartan5150 said:
You were making a point earlier in the thread about how the combine repurpose things, yes, this is factual I think Syms T6 Garrison is probably one of the best examples of this I have seen in recent times. The CCA isn't going to just leave huge gaps in their potential security IE a hole in the wall. They'd force one of the labor groups to come out and brick that shit up or patch it with concrete.

Please don't leave a ton of holes in the Garrison. I don't look forward to recieving more messages because you and the boys decided to play bandit and break in through a literal hole in the wall of the Nexus.

Don't worry, one of our million cameras inside that are positioned to properly look out from the hole have confirmed a positive I.D. and configured a B.O.L. message to all CCA assets in the area. They were also shot with a beacon for getting so close.

As long as this map isn't designed for dave and the lads' spots of fun and is actually difficult to escape the city I'm down, I've got a hardon for cities that are less cyberpunk more refurbished old world stuff

it looks quite good

the only sad part is source's limits. if a few more of those buildings lining the outside of the map were enterable, thatd be fuckin sick

yeah I legit see no point for the huge lab, Dave, since the CA's science experiments are long dead and the Resistance sure as hell don't have anybody with that sort of scale

Nat Attack said:
I'm happy with any map that isn't shit.
It's not shit as a map, but it's close to it in relation to an hl2rp map. This is better for SRP; a completely different type of RP style.

But since we're probably going to use this map for awhile, please get rid of the Emission sounds and the Psi Emitter. Because I mean, come on.

Wilson said:
Relocate us out of City 17. It's never felt like C17 anyway, without Breen. Why don't we just transfer all of the citizens from the Industrial precinct to a "better" work camp in City (whatever Pripyat is)?

+ No more "restrictions" of not breaking C17 lore.
+ Existing backstories and experiences are still entirely valid.
+ Incredibly depressing map becomes new staple of community (and provides intense nostalgic value for aching SRP community).
I'm thinking the reason Dave picked City 17 specifically is because this is the "last" iteration of HL2RP. With City 17, it gives them excuses to officially end the entire idea altogether (Let's be real here: HL2RP in general isn't in the best condition. Maybe if HL3 comes out it'll pick up again, but I doubt it).

TnB's HL2 canon is almost 10 years old. Now isn't exactly the worst time for the Global Uprising.

Plus I'm sure Dave probably wants to be Gordon Freeman at the end of it.

YES I KNOW THERE IS MISSING TEXTURES AND A FEW BUGS - I WILL BE FIXING THEM OVER THE WEEKEND!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EP2 INSTALLED UNTIL I GET ROUND TO PACKING THE TEXTURES FROM IT

the missing textures aren't as much of a problem because i know they'll be fixed. but i think a great addition to the map would be a rp_tb_city45_v02n style subway train system. would be good for getting around the city better for people that find it hard to navigate, and train passive is always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread