rp_pripyat_hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this about 6 months ago originally as a canals server idea, but then realised I could make something more of it.

Picked up on it a few days ago and did a load of work to restructure this original StalkerRP map into something thats actually useful for us.

So, the plan is........

• To combine server 1/2/3 dynamics by having all aspects in one map. To maximise the amount of players on a single server rather than spreading across 3 or 4.
  • The center of the map is what we consider "City roleplay".
  • A perimeter wall runs around the district 360 degrees.
  • On the other side of the perimeter wall, is considered canals / outlands territory.
  • The entire map is one huge dilapidated urban zone but surrounded by mixed scrubland, warehouses, farmhouses, old buildings etc.
  • Those who want to do Citizen roleplay can do so.
  • Those who want to do resistance roleplay can leave the city realistically by actually escaping through one of many methods.
  • By using transition points, anyone who has been to server 2 will then respawn back into the map already in the outland areas so they dont have to keep spawning inside the perimeter wall.
  • Also has canals, sewers, underground labs, bunkers.
  • Outland area is extensive with at least 5 key safehouses at each corner of the map rather than most where the rebels always hide in one spot. CCA / COTA patrols outside of the perimeter walls will have a long task to check all of the spots routinely.
  • Totally open plan layout.

I'll be hopefully running a stress test tomorrow night after I do a final compile and get it all uploaded to workshop.

In terms of optimisation, I have a decent PC so its hard to say how well it will fare on low end machines but thus far I havnt had any problems.
My only worry that it uses max brushes / entities / etc so it could become unstable at high populations but we'll see.

I may try and fit in a few more useful buildings before finishing just to make it better for loyalist groups etc.

2015-08-27_00005.jpg

2015-08-27_00001.jpg

2015-08-27_00006.jpg

2015-08-27_00004.jpg

2015-08-27_00003.jpg

2015-08-27_00002.jpg

pripyatplan.jpg

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507561128

kiruclanz said:
So do brushes only mean walls and shapes, not models? It's been a long, long time since I've even touched Hammer let alone SourceSDK, so forgive me if I've forgotten a lot of terms and shit.

edit: FUCK OFF CLAV I WAS ASKING A QUESTION
this hasn othing to do with touching hammer, it's simple knowledge. what im saying is turn the brushes into models, thats what propper does. you could even go as far as to make entire chunks in a modelling program, it'll free up ton of brushes and will bring down the entity count

AlbinoGlowStick said:
Played on it for a bit, I feel this map has huge potential but a few things are bugging me.

1) It seems way to easy to escape the city. There's multiple combine doors with barriers that only have a fence door and button blocking them, There's one fence door that just leads straight outside, you can just jump into the vast open sewage system, or you can climb down a ladder that's right in front of the main entrance of one of the buildings.

2) Still feels too stalkery. Easiest just to blame the textures and soundscape. Also the underground lab feels too much like stalker aswell, I think it would be best just to get rid of it and use the free'd up brushes to expand the city.
I honestly think this map is best for s2. It just has more that feel and I get a sense of stalingrad scenarios with CCA deployments where counter sniping and such is going to be great. Also it's a good way to add some balance to the CCA deployments and even create some survival type deployments where they wait for a dropship as they defend off from <insert here>.

Drewerth said:
Please no holes in the Nexus walls.

This is a rebel raid waiting to happen.
Maybe these holes could be patched up with combine architecture?

Also putting this map on S2 is just going to split the population in half or kill City entirely for a week until something retarded happens, bad idea.

Also putting this map on S2 is just going to split the population in half or kill City entirely for a week until something retarded happens, bad idea.

That's what you guys said about t6. And we all know how that happened.

All the resistance rpers went on some faggy clockwork srp and touched dicks all day and threw your money at it only to have it shut down a month or so later lol. I heard some guy complaining to me that he donated over $100. Who donates to clockwork servers at all lol if you want a gamemode designed for idiots go on a NS server. At least Chess knows his audience. He sends me logs of idiots asking the stupidest questions every other day lol.

This map is pretty much t6 and canals combined rather than city and canals combined. Perfect concept for s2 since the issue of s2 is deciding whether or not to make it canals or t6.

e; don't rate me disagree you aussie I'd kick your ass but an emu would probably beat me to it

kiruclanz said:
That's what you guys said about t6. And we all know how that happened.

All the resistance rpers went on some faggy clockwork srp and touched dicks all day and threw your money at it only to have it shut down a month or so later lol. I heard some guy complaining to me that he donated over $100. Who donates to clockwork servers at all lol if you want a gamemode designed for idiots go on a NS server. At least Chess knows his audience. He sends me logs of idiots asking the stupidest questions every other day lol.

This map is pretty much t6 and canals combined rather than city and canals combined. Perfect concept for s2 since the issue of s2 is deciding whether or not to make it canals or t6.

e; don't rate me disagree you aussie I'd kick your ass but an emu would probably beat me to it
Relocate your cancerous opinion.

The Nexus actually has a termite problem which is the reasoning behind the hole in the wall. Can you not be so quick to judge? Maybe Breen is on a budget. When you own a nexus and pay the bills maybe you'll understand how often your hole is blown (lol) by Rex Lee and how difficult it is to get fixed.

Right now, we need to focus on the main issue at hand and direct all of our credir funds to it: The map needs more trees and bushes.

Necro said:

No it won't. This isn't going to be a place where the regular citizen can go, it's going to be no different than a canals map. It's not like a second city at that point.

No it won't. This isn't going to be a place where the regular citizen can go, it's going to be no different than a canals map. It's not like a second city at that point.

Dave made this map with the idea in mind that the central area is a city and the outside is restricted. So that's not the best idea. It'd be like making t6 restricted.

i kept dying when i accidentally noclipped through the beams
scared the shit out of me because i couldn't see them from some angles

are the beams part of the missing textures Dave mentioned or am I missing something?

Its a first test version so yeh some stuff needs to be fixed.

• Missing textures / models (obviously)
  • Laser fence damage up so that one pass kills you
  • Blocking up more escape routes - for example I just forgot to block a few paths, wasnt on purpose
  • Fix combine-only doors
  • Sound ambiance needs adding, forgot
  • Remove antlion spawns, that was just a test to see if it worked anyway

Stuff I wont be changing -

• Desaturated colours and style - its a cinematic approach i chose for a reason
  • Some blocky looking buildings - If I could I would put 100x more detail into everything but im hitting every limit known to man
  • This going on server 1 when its ready - putting it on canals etc completely defeats the purpose of having the split design
Sometimes I think people are just reluctant to try a new idea and would rather just feel comfortable doing the same old maps over and over again because they know how it flows.

Anyway once ive fixed all the problems I'll reupload, and then we will go ahead with server 1 testing.

Davebrown said:
Its a first test version so yeh some stuff needs to be fixed.

• Missing textures / models (obviously)
  • Laser fence damage up so that one pass kills you
  • Blocking up more escape routes - for example I just forgot to block a few paths, wasnt on purpose
  • Fix combine-only doors
  • Sound ambiance needs adding, forgot
  • Remove antlion spawns, that was just a test to see if it worked anyway

Stuff I wont be changing -

• Desaturated colours and style - its a cinematic approach i chose for a reason
  • Some blocky looking buildings - If I could I would put 100x more detail into everything but im hitting every limit known to man
  • This going on server 1 when its ready - putting it on canals etc completely defeats the purpose of having the split design
Sometimes I think people are just reluctant to try a new idea and would rather just feel comfortable doing the same old maps over and over again because they know how it flows.

Anyway once ive fixed all the problems I'll reupload, and then we will go ahead with server 1 testing.
Honestly, I'm up for a try simply because I'm willing to a new change of pace on anything.

It might be a good experience, it might be the killer of TnB. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who knows

Davebrown said:
Blocking up more escape routes - for example I just forgot to block a few paths, wasnt on purpose
Will this mean the holes in the side of the Nexus as well? Would love to see these patched up. Regardless, amazing work.

Necro said:
Will this mean the holes in the side of the Nexus as well? Would love to see these patched up. Regardless, amazing work.
Honestly I dont think there is any need. Any windows that are above the 1st floor are inaccessible anyway unless someone uses a mingey prop ladder and stacks things up. And you'd think someone might notice that.

I think its become just tradition in HL2RP that all of our map nexuses are these huge forts whereas in the reality of HL2, theyre actually just standard human buildings retro fitted with Combine tech as little outposts. The only true Combine structure is the Citadel itself.
It has just become a staple ideal for us that they are supposed to be impenetrable whereas in reality I dont think it would be so rigid.

It's eastern europe, which fits, and the cities fucked up with destroyed/abandoned buildings, which technically fits as well since there was a war after all and I doubt the combine would be very interested in reconstructing most infrastructure. As long as there's no stalker sound ambience and all that it should be fine, and I'm sure it'd be cool to have the map come in on the rotation every now and then.

Good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread