rp_pripyat_hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this about 6 months ago originally as a canals server idea, but then realised I could make something more of it.

Picked up on it a few days ago and did a load of work to restructure this original StalkerRP map into something thats actually useful for us.

So, the plan is........

• To combine server 1/2/3 dynamics by having all aspects in one map. To maximise the amount of players on a single server rather than spreading across 3 or 4.
  • The center of the map is what we consider "City roleplay".
  • A perimeter wall runs around the district 360 degrees.
  • On the other side of the perimeter wall, is considered canals / outlands territory.
  • The entire map is one huge dilapidated urban zone but surrounded by mixed scrubland, warehouses, farmhouses, old buildings etc.
  • Those who want to do Citizen roleplay can do so.
  • Those who want to do resistance roleplay can leave the city realistically by actually escaping through one of many methods.
  • By using transition points, anyone who has been to server 2 will then respawn back into the map already in the outland areas so they dont have to keep spawning inside the perimeter wall.
  • Also has canals, sewers, underground labs, bunkers.
  • Outland area is extensive with at least 5 key safehouses at each corner of the map rather than most where the rebels always hide in one spot. CCA / COTA patrols outside of the perimeter walls will have a long task to check all of the spots routinely.
  • Totally open plan layout.

I'll be hopefully running a stress test tomorrow night after I do a final compile and get it all uploaded to workshop.

In terms of optimisation, I have a decent PC so its hard to say how well it will fare on low end machines but thus far I havnt had any problems.
My only worry that it uses max brushes / entities / etc so it could become unstable at high populations but we'll see.

I may try and fit in a few more useful buildings before finishing just to make it better for loyalist groups etc.

2015-08-27_00005.jpg

2015-08-27_00001.jpg

2015-08-27_00006.jpg

2015-08-27_00004.jpg

2015-08-27_00003.jpg

2015-08-27_00002.jpg

pripyatplan.jpg

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507561128

Nice, I suggested something like this way back during C74 so it will be interesting to see how everything works out having Canals and City on one map. I think the the map could be a bit greener, still have the gloomy stalker vibe to it.

edit: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Yes. Yes yes and yes.I was just thinking about how fucking amazing it would be if everything was just on one map.

Looks amazing. Is there a CMS, though? Doesn't look like it.

Also, I don't know shit about Hammer, but if you're reaching the brush limit, maybe you could reduce the amount of flora? Maybe three-fifths of it, and it'd still keep its feel.

Will it have a portion of caves? As in, Antlion Caves.

Regardless, this looks amazing!

Jayden0113 said:
Will it have a portion of caves? As in, Antlion Caves.

Regardless, this looks amazing!
Antlion caves that close to the city are a bad idea.

He mentioned transition points, so there will still be Outlands. This is probably just City + Canals into one map.

Will we still have a Coast/Outlands server in co-relation with this, or will we all be in one server?

Also go ham on the optimization I <3 fps.

I'll have to actually run it through in Single Player to get an idea for it, but how exactly do you plan on integrating this into the servers? You've described it as being a City/Canals wrapped into one, but I'm assuming you only mean this will be configured as a City map, and Server 2 will remain up?

FlatPancake said:
I'll have to actually run it through in Single Player to get an idea for it, but how exactly do you plan on integrating this into the servers? You've described it as being a City/Canals wrapped into one, but I'm assuming you only mean this will be configured as a City map, and Server 2 will remain up?
Probably, depending on the size of the canals of this map, thats my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread