Half Life 2 - City 13 FAQ

Scientist and R&D roles have always been sparse, I've seen a few, and tried it myself. It's a difficult one, there's always pressure to try and up the stakes and move to bigger game because you already did all the small stuff, so be careful of that because it can quickly lead to serious server-shifting tech developments simply for the sake of it!

If you put in an auth request you tend to be able to get all kinds of cool support for these things, focus on nice little developments, and don't be worried about canning an accomplishment and doing it again slightly differently. It's about telling a good story without getting wildly out of hand, so try not to lose you mind tracking the minutia of it all, you can do stuff over, or even work on seemingly mundane projects that begin to spiral into their own stories, and it all works out.

I want to to roleplay as a pharmacist, what will I need to do in order to actually be able to do this, what auths are needed and what would I be allowed to do?
I imagine that I'd be able to administer drugs under strict prescription but what about people with augmentations?

Additionally, what are the general expectations for GMs going to be, I have the passion for it just not the time to be active regularly as anything more than a standard character.

As aforementioned, this iteration is leaning heavily towards totalitarian aspects...
That said, I'm curious - how does this fit in to the suppression of belief? Especially so with religion. I remember in previous iterations, namely C45, that the CCA on a global level (or at least to what I recall) attempted to slowly erase any unifying forms of human history. For example, historical and religious artifacts that could otherwise be used as symbology to help unite peoples against the alien oppressor.

This question is somewhat pretentiously selfish, as I'm debating doing the underground religious sect concept once again. Would something such as this make sense for the server? Or, ultimately, does the CCA truly not give a rip?

As aforementioned, this iteration is leaning heavily towards totalitarian aspects...
That said, I'm curious - how does this fit in to the suppression of belief? Especially so with religion. I remember in previous iterations, namely C45, that the CCA on a global level (or at least to what I recall) attempted to slowly erase any unifying forms of human history. For example, historical and religious artifacts that could otherwise be used as symbology to help unite peoples against the alien oppressor.

This question is somewhat pretentiously selfish, as I'm debating doing the underground religious sect concept once again. Would something such as this make sense for the server? Or, ultimately, does the CCA truly not give a rip?
Religion is discouraged and detested officially by the Civil Administration but practically speaking no one will hunt you down so long as you aren’t doing a fucking sermon in the streets. HLNA had a church on rp_eastcoast and it was mostly left alone because it was quiet and didn't cause problems. A particularly brainwashed CCA member may take issue with it, and religious text may be banned, but for the most part, the willingness of the CCA to enforce these rules comes down to the level of boredom they are at

Religion is discouraged and detested officially by the Civil Administration but practically speaking no one will hunt you down so long as you aren’t doing a fucking sermon in the streets. HLNA had a church on rp_eastcoast and it was mostly left alone because it was quiet and didn't cause problems. A particularly brainwashed CCA member may take issue with it, and religious text may be banned, but for the most part, the willingness of the CCA to enforce these rules comes down to the level of boredom they are at
the BRA will hunt you down if you are not a Zoroastrian

Daily reminder that the cult of Sol was an indigenous Italian religion or at least predated the imperial period, and was not, as many scholars assert, an import from the east. Sol's iconography is clearly asserted from the early Republic, but was often conflated by 20th century scholars - for example, the hair and head adornment of imperial coin portraiture being conflated for the solar radiance of Solar iconography.

Daily reminder that the cult of Sol was an indigenous Italian religion or at least predated the imperial period, and was not, as many scholars assert, an import from the east. Sol's iconography is clearly asserted from the early Republic, but was often conflated by 20th century scholars - for example, the hair and head adornment of imperial coin portraiture being conflated for the solar radiance of Solar iconography.
Controversial take. Sources? Which Sol?

Users who are viewing this thread