Roster Admin Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

me llamo miguel y estoy resignando

Haven't felt like I've done anything worth the position for about three months and it generally has felt less fun the more time I spend with the badge.
God bless the team that has been working their ass to make this iteration different and as good as it is.

Peace 🤙

welp.

guess I'm back from loa. I'm not any less busy than I was when I left, and those other things still take priority over this. but now we have some uh, vacancies.

fuck it. wasn't using my free time anyway.

welp.

guess I'm back from loa. I'm not any less busy than I was when I left, and those other things still take priority over this. but now we have some uh, vacancies.

fuck it. wasn't using my free time anyway.

that was a bit kneejerk on my part

sorry for getting indecisive but I'm gonna walk back on this. I've been doing this long enough to know that if I'm getting on begrudgingly at the verge of burnout, that's just gonna make me burn out faster. So, back on LOA I go, but I'd still like to help out where I can while still keeping my distance a bit; I'm not exactly fully recharged and I've been feeling dread ever since I made that post.

I'm gonna point back to this post because I think many people are feeling that same sense of dread.

we've had the foot on the accelerator since launch and now that we've eased off the gas a little, it hurts to see people act like the sky is falling after half a year of pretty regular activity

personally i think a part of it got to the point that a lot of good people couldn't keep up, and a few either needed to leave the team and focus on other aspects of their life or take an extended loa.

I think a better way to explain the kind of dread I'm talking about is to say it's a fear of missing out on something we all put a lot of sweat, blood, tears, heart into. we all feel that, but while not everyone is worn out, some are, and you can't keep the foot on the gas forever and keep redlining. You gotta stop for fuel, and once in a while you need to change your oil. Those of you that do feel like you need a break, take a break, and evaluate ways you can improve the experience for everyone while you are gone. That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm gonna try not to stress out about putting this on hold and you shouldn't either. If people aren't interested after a little break, they wouldn't have been interested in the story now. Oh well; things get left on the cutting room floor. For those of you not feeling exhausted, and still feeling a craving for the setting, don't let a population of 11 or 5 or 3 hold you back while we're in a lull. Tell smaller-scale stories.

That said, this week and next week I don't have students, so I will have a little more free time for a blip. Moreso next week than this coming week; I still have a lot of work for that time even if students are out. I left a few big stories unfinished when I dipped out for LOA, and if people are interested in picking up where I left off, I'm happy to come back for a short while and help tell a little more of those ongoing stories. If people aren't interested, no biggie, I might just stream a few games in discord for people instead; I've been wanting to do another playthrough of one of the Marathon games.

I’m resigning :(

My son was just born, and I likely won’t have the time moving forward to assist in a way that is either meaningful or fair. I’ve loved my time here as an admin, and while there were a thousand other things I wanted to run and assist with, I had fun with everything I was a part of.

In all my 12 or 13 years in this community, I’ve never held an administrative position - and finally being a part of the team during my last stay here was an absolute honor. I probably won’t be staying around as a player, but I’ll still shitpost in the guns-and-stuff discord channel and anyone who wants to reach out to me on discord is certainly welcome to.

I’ve made a lot of good friends, and I wish you all the best. Make the new HLNA the greatest that it can be, and keep this dinosaur alive and kicking for me.

0DE6249D-6F3A-4D80-BEB7-13462B9AEDC1.jpeg

erkedit: name him erkor

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a wild six years.

I've made some crazy memories here, with all of you guys. I discovered TnB through my love of Half-Life 2, and a desire to somehow mimic the warm feeling 12 year old me got when sprinting across debris-laden streets and bug-infested beaches alike. I spent countless summer nights squatting in the outlands, and just screwing around with friends. I'll always be nostalgic, looking back on those years spent around a virtual campfire, just outside the influence of some neigh-omnipresent oppressor.

Since then, I've grown up, and invested my heart and soul into chasing that nostalgia: attempting to forge new memories for myself, and everyone else. I've had the privilege to work with some really awesome people: the same people I looked up to all those years ago as shining examples of passionate writers in their own rights. People who pushed the bounds of their craft, in one way or another. In the end, that's what we are: a colony of impassioned writers, chasing memories, and blazing the path to new ones.

peace

o/

menoedit: big o7 sir it was an honor

ERKEDIT: 😭😭😭😭😭

Last edited by a moderator:
With my two RRs being over, and I know this will be the worst timing ever but I had this planned for over months now and let many know ahead of time, and not like it matters anyway...

I am resigning from admin. I gave it everything I got for the RRs, and there's a lot of other things in life I wanna do now. This was a rough weekend for me, and it's not because of all this.

I want to thank everybody who helped me with the RRs and I found out that I wasn't just a dreamer, but I can make some things happen, and I wanna keep making that happen.

I'm pretty satisfied.

A lot of you said sweet words to me lately. I won't forget that. I spent a lot of nights with diet energy drinks. My kidneys won't forget it either, but was worth it?

Yeah, yeah I think it was. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread