thurinus

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Units in question during this event exercised absolutely none of the proper process they usually would and because of that, this is an in-character issue that should have been allowed to go on so that the CCA could roleplay this very clear security breach. Admins had no authority to step in here no matter what rank they hold within the faction. I hope that Toast can come on today and continue this roleplay with the appropriate parties because I will be coming on today to re-set the scene. This entire situation was bullshit and I appologise to toast as a member of FC and an admin that his roleplay was interrupted by complete OOC dealings.

Placing yourself inside of a faction that requires authorization isn't allowed. That's like saying I can kidnap a SUNDOWN unit, kill them off, take their gear on my rebel and suddenly be apart of SUNDOWN (for however long that would actually last). I wouldn't expect to accomplish something like that without previous authorization.

You can do that. I'm not a hypocrite if that's what your saying. If the roleplay happened I wouldn't catch wind and say "No! Impossible!". I'd wait to find out IC and actually roleplay at this damned community like I expect other people to do.

I wish everyone forgot about politics and cared about actually forming narratives that are interesting. What you described sounds intriguing and fun to roleplay. I thought that's what we were here for, not ooc bureaucracy.

Stepping in to require authorizations for stuff like this is absolutely retarded. Recruit week only lasts one week and the admin team do not authorise this shit. It comes from within the black hole that is the CCA auth boards. I think that Ace/locust's influence in this, 'rogue' or 'CCA mishap' requiring auths thing should be entirely done away with because very sound roleplay such as this is being tossed under the carpet in lieu of admins using their influence to defend their faction from security breaches. If someone wants to kill a SUNDOWN unit, by the way, their biosignal would ring off. Rendering their gear useful, yes but not in infiltration.

KestrelBirdMan said:
Placing yourself inside of a faction that requires authorization isn't allowed. That's like saying I can kidnap a SUNDOWN unit, kill them off, take their gear on my rebel and suddenly be apart of SUNDOWN (for however long that would actually last). I wouldn't expect to accomplish something like that without previous authorization.
I'm sure you could actually accomplish through ic means. And you might need authorization from the right people, but this seems to be more thurinus and FP fucking with toast since it's "just a joke."

No, I wasnt meaning to call you a hypocrite. I was trying to set the scene with something more personal towards you to probably reach a closer understanding. Though, maybe since I've basically learned everything here at TnB and always had the argument of "You needs Auths" to do that, I'm looking at this differently.

I see the roleplay and I love the idea of it, I'm kind of mixed and in a grey area due to how the servers been setup and how the CCA has always been.

You're leaving out how it's not even a legitimate CCA character, though. If it were any other CCA character it'd be fine, but it's one of Sid's event chars. The thing given to him with express permission as an exception to the rules. There's obviously more strings attached to something like that.

Could logs of the rp be provided, or atleast expanded on?
Im all fine and dandy with sweet talking your way into the nexus, but getting the actual gear still feels off to me. I dont care too much about the whole bio signal, heart beat deal, but isnt there implied quartermasters?

My shitty retail job has someone designated to hand out equipment to the appropriate people, I imagine the CCA would too for guns and armor.

I addressed it. I don't believe in mutual roleplay being invalidated because of something like an 'event' character. Sid clearly must've reciprocated and involved himself in the roleplay so surely that means he was a successful conduit or provider of a plot. Well done Sid.

Why can't we argue that toast was having his own event with the people involved?

Because Sid clearly wasn't overseeing it or there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place. It's a matter of consequences. If this happened to a legitimate character, there would be punishment, follow up RP, etc. When it happens due to an essentially disposable character, there are very few consequences.

If you don't like the notion of event characters and their limited nature, then you shouldn't allow them. You can't have both things here, which is what you're trying to do.

By your argument, what's even the point of the roster? Why can't anyone just join the server, say "I'm CCA now" and start giving their gear to every rebel they see so they can infiltrate the nexus? There's very little difference, one is just a larger scale.

Could logs of the rp be provided, or atleast expanded on?
Im all fine and dandy with sweet talking your way into the nexus, but getting the actual gear still feels off to me. I dont care too much about the whole bio signal, heart beat deal, but isnt there implied quartermasters?
My shitty retail job has someone designated to hand out equipment to the appropriate people, I imagine the CCA would too for guns and armor.

There are implied quartermasters as well as an actual person on the roster with the rank "quartermaster" and squad "Armory"

The consequences sound like an OOC issue to me. Roleplay was had and narratives were formed. How hollow it was is irrelevant.

Okay, guys. Some people here seem to be missing the big picture so I'll fill them in on what happened.

• Toast approaches Sid(the legend)'s CP unit.
  • Toast convinces Sid that he is a new unit and asked to see MadWetUndies' FC for an interview
  • Sid says ok. Brings Toast into the Nexus without searching him.
  • Both parties head for the armory.
  • In the armory toast pulls a gun on Sid and tells Sid to undress or he is going to kill him
  • Sid plays a character and that character doesn't want to die
  • Sid undresses all his gear
  • Toast incapacitates sid and ties him up
  • Toast wears Sid's gear and pretends to be Sid's unit.
  • Toast goes about his way in the nexus
  • admins step in

If you can't see what's wrong with that chain of events, then I don't know what to tell you.

who are you

e; if you dont know what to tell me you should probably get an adult

[*]Both parties head for the armory.
[*]In the armory toast pulls a gun on Sid and tells Sid to undress or he is going to kill him

I'm not trying to place any blame or take sides, but don't we have an IC kind of unspoken rule where there is technically hundreds pf units around? I remember someone trying to pull a gun in the plaza on i17 only to be told that they would have been dead in second due to this rule. So if this rule applies, is it safe to say there wouldn't have been someone (like a quartermaster) in the room? This is also month old reference material, so I'll go back under the rock if I have to.

Anony said:
Why'd you impersonate an admin to do something administrative? I'm genuinely curious.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Claudius was likely playing messenger for FP and thus changed his name to his. I don't see what the issue is here since he already said it was him.

Anony said:
That's the issue. He didn't need administrative intervention and arguing that we exist to moderate roleplay entirely is wrong. Most admins will arbitrarily influence roleplay in a direction they see fit. We are not game masters.
That is so laughably wrong. It's already been pointed out how what he did was not permitted. It doesn't matter that Toast believes it should've been permitted, that's not how rules work. And to say that admins aren't game masters is also wrong. Just because this team doesn't often focus on those aspects it doesn't mean that it's outside of the administrative position.

While I knew that my ban request thread posted on Toast wouldn't be taken seriously and I was basically just tossing it up in an effort to point out some issues, it's absolutely hilarious that this thread isn't locked while the other is.

That's a stupid and unfair rule that I wouldn't believe in because gmod is the entirely wrong medium to make that canon.

MemeTeamSupreme said:
[*]Both parties head for the armory.
[*]In the armory toast pulls a gun on Sid and tells Sid to undress or he is going to kill him

I'm not trying to place any blame or take sides, but don't we have an IC kind of unspoken rule where there is technically hundreds pf units around? I remember someone trying to pull a gun in the plaza on i17 only to be told that they would have been dead in second due to this rule. So if this rule applies, is it safe to say there wouldn't have been someone (like a quartermaster) in the room? This is also month old reference material, so I'll go back under the rock if I have to.
well, of course. i didn't say that toast couldn't be stopped and apprehended because of recording material etc. admins just said this couldnt happen when in reality, it could happen and the CCA are big enough boys to stop it from happening after the fact. though invisible people in the room shouldnt be thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread