thurinus

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toastmatic

paranoid and delusional
Oct 26, 2014
Players Name: thurinus

Steam ID: you have it

Reason for ban: impersonating another admin to avoid accountablity, disrupting roleplay with administrator abilities, metagame

Proof:
FlatPancake said:
Player [REDACTED] changed name to FlatPancake
Meredith Emerson: [OOC] Player [REDACTED] changed name to FlatPancake nice try
You removed Ran O's Combine flag.
Player FlatPancake changed name to [REDACTED]
** Ran O lets out a small breath. She glances at the door. "You sound like you've thought about this before. Breaking free."
Joseph Perconte: [OOC] Player FlatPancake changed name to [REDACTED]
rest of the story here:
http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/26323-fuck-you-flat-pancake/

Shock and horror! The thread is gone! Here's a succinct summary of what happened:

-I was roleplaying.
-My character convinced an adjutant that she was accepted into the CCA, given an interview by MadWetUndies' character, and lead into the Nexus by Sid's 04.
-My character picked up a weapon in the locker room and held Sid's character at gunpoint.
-She dressed in her fatigues, and got his character to give her his mask, vest, and armband.
-At this point, I was given 04 UNION flags and changed my digits to Sid's.
-Abruptly, my flags were removed by FlatPancake.
-I left at least 3 or 4 messages in /a asking what was up within a reasonable timeframe.
-I tried PMing people I thought might have done it.
-I added FlatPancake to SF.
-All of these went unresponded to.
-I made a thread calling FP out.
-FP admits it wasn't him, but won't name who it was.
-Turns out Thurinus changed his name to FP's to remove my flags, then switched it back.
-Everyone involved in the roleplay by this point is gone.
-I spent 2 or 3 hours on a roleplay to have this dude fuck with me under another admin's name.

What would you like to see improved: removal or suspension of administrative abilities

while i dont agree with their actions in this situation i should point out that that suspension was, in fact, shockingly, a joke

i had figured that the "for being a gay fag bitch" part would be enough of an indication but i suppose not
lesson learned

that's okay let's keep this thread up because hiding behind another admins name to fuck with roleplayers is just as bad as doing it if you're not actually an admin

last time I checked impersonating another player, much less an admin, is potentially a bannable offense, but it's been a while since I've checked the rules because I'm a loose cannon

anyway I think gang needs to leave a mushroom stamp on thurinus and at the very least put him on non-joke probation. rowtree got removed for less malicious shit than this.

What proof do you have that he was disruspting your roleplay? There's no indication from what I understand that this is the case.

Also, on the matter of him using flatpancake's name it seems like a nonissue that's being blown out of proportion. He didn't impersonate an admin, he is one - it's not like he stole a person or, whatever.

Sent from my ipod

my character was disguising herself.

he fucked with my flags to make that impossible to do on any level beyond /me and /it. i was flagged. he removed them and ignored me when i used /a to ask what was going on. he did this while using flat pancake's name for ??? reason (a joke??). i wanted script backup to avoid metagame. little did i know the metagame had yet to come!

i believe the proof comes from admission in the thread in the op: http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/26323-fuck-you-flat-pancake/?p=459552

Thurnius will have to speak for himself, but I'd have to guess they were removed because you weren't cleared for having the flags, maybe FP could clear some of that up as well.

The whole 'disguising' thing is fine, since that's purely IC, but it doesn't grant you the right to the flags. I can pretend to be a blackmarket dealer but it doesn't mean I get the X flag.

Sent from my Kindle

if you dont understand how delegitimizing my roleplay with administrative commands run under an alias and refusing to respond to inquiries over the issue is disruptive and the exact opposite sort of behavior an admin should partake in then i dont think you and i are gonna get very far here

If you don't understand how being abrassive and throwing speculations left, right, and center about the motives at play then I don't think you'll get very far either.

Sent from my Commodore 64

there's no speculation when everything was admitted

the fact that im abrasive does not reflect on the validity of my points, as comforting as that would be

At what point did any involved party say "You know what guys, I gotta admit I really hate that toast guy, so I showed him who's boss by removing his flags and ruining his rp hehehe..."

You've still not answered the question, were you even supposed to have those flags? Because if not, thurnius was well within his right to remove them.

There is no indication any of this is fact, and I'm not even taking your attitude into account but it sure does make me not want to even give you the time of day.

Sent from my Okama Gamesphere

this request isn't about claudius' attitude toward me. it's about his removal of my flags and delegitimization of roleplay on the grounds that he found it distasteful and the fact that he did it behind a false name to avoid accountability. i was supposed to have those flags like i was supposed to have the swep i roleplayed picking up; there are no rules about flags and who they are, and are not, given out to. i had the flags. i was using them to facilitate my roleplay.

man it's a real shame that last thread disappeared i guess i'll have to write everything up again

Dynamite_Nightmare said:
Thurnius will have to speak for himself, but I'd have to guess they were removed because you weren't cleared for having the flags, maybe FP could clear some of that up as well.

The whole 'disguising' thing is fine, since that's purely IC, but it doesn't grant you the right to the flags. I can pretend to be a blackmarket dealer but it doesn't mean I get the X flag.

Sent from my Kindle
Why wouldn't proper RP give him the right to flag to further facilitate his RP, so long as he stayed in the bounds of his disguise? There is a visual component that seems to matter to our roleplay here on Taco N' Banana. Proper RP would give you the BM dealer flag too if you actually put effort into it, I'd hope at least it would.

i'll repost what i've already said here

1. no, nothing was being done to "fuck with you". stop saying that, it's absolutely asinine.
2. the namechange was a quip i made with flatpancake. in retrospect, yes, this was a mistake and i apologize for it.
3. the flags were removed after we both agreed that what you were trying to do didn't make sense.

i'm not going to reword every argument made in the last thread as to why what you did doesn't work.

you dont get to decide whether my roleplay conforms to your sensibilities or not

disrupting my rp is fucking with me.

it is very strange how the logs show you change your name only to perform the action. it is doubly strange how you refused to speak to me before, during, and after, until i finally tracked down which admin was at fault. it's even STRANGER that flat pancake was covering for you in the last thread and refused to disclose your name. crazy joke, dude!

i would love for an admin to pull box logs of the roleplay in question, starting with my character's interaction with the adjutaunt, so people can see how kneejerky and retroactively hardline this shit is

Why'd you impersonate an admin to do something administrative? I'm genuinely curious. What do you mean by his role-play didn't make sense? As in it was impossible or disagreeable to you?

E: I just read the original thread. What the fuck entirely. Toast doesn't appear to be in the wrong. He was roleplaying. Everything took place because of a narrative and that was squashed over him not having auths (he probably shouldn't need) to do something that's dangerous enough for his own character's life. Why isn't that satisfactory enough? Was it the fear he might actually succeed? Arguing that biosignals and such wouldn't allow this to happen is moot because it's been done in the past several times.

The biosignal is just a rudimentary GPS/heartbeat system as far as I know. It's not going to tell you who swapped the armor out. This whole thing about 'event characters' sounds incredibly contrived and it's a kneejerk if the response was to snub the roleplay because Sid wasn't a 'real' cop. They roleplayed. I'm assuming Sid reciprocated emotes so there's no way this didn't infact happen whether or not the person was real. I don't believe in this event concept or how it makes toasts roleplay any less credible.

This is stupid, the entire scenario.

Toast, I agree with your roleplay and your initiative to provide roleplay for your character along with others involved and it seems like an entirely plausible idea. Though there is a few problems that I see, I don't think it's allowed to be granted flags for a CCA unit unless authorized through High Command which is effectively run by the administration. You can't go around them to be able to get the flags, which is why I believe they were removed.

As far as your arguments of how Thurinus/FP doesn't get to decide on your roleplay or what is sensible or not - sadly you're wrong. That's exactly why they're apart of the administration, to enforce the rules and guide roleplay in the right direction to where it's more reasonable for the entire server. It's part of their non-paid job to have to handle these problems and I don't think it was meant to be directed at you entirely.

Once again, I like the idea but I think you should have taken the proper steps and gotten authorization for the flags from high command and then you would have been able to continue your roleplay.

That's the issue. He didn't need administrative intervention and arguing that we exist to moderate roleplay entirely is wrong. Most admins will arbitrarily influence roleplay in a direction they see fit. We are not game masters. We don't decide on appropriate storylines unless it's actually something worth discussion and requiring authorization. This is not one of those situations. I strongly believe admins have no right to intervene unless they're actually needed.

Disagreeing with a roleplay and stepping in to stop it requires actual communication and being sound rather than arbitrary. I wasn't there but I've read both arguments now and I disagree entirely with FP and Thurinius's judgment and actions surrounding it. I'm not sure if you were hiding because you felt what you were doing was shady or because you're intimidated by toast but either way it's incredibly dim-witted whether or not it was 'just a joke'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread