rp_pripyat_hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this about 6 months ago originally as a canals server idea, but then realised I could make something more of it.

Picked up on it a few days ago and did a load of work to restructure this original StalkerRP map into something thats actually useful for us.

So, the plan is........

• To combine server 1/2/3 dynamics by having all aspects in one map. To maximise the amount of players on a single server rather than spreading across 3 or 4.
  • The center of the map is what we consider "City roleplay".
  • A perimeter wall runs around the district 360 degrees.
  • On the other side of the perimeter wall, is considered canals / outlands territory.
  • The entire map is one huge dilapidated urban zone but surrounded by mixed scrubland, warehouses, farmhouses, old buildings etc.
  • Those who want to do Citizen roleplay can do so.
  • Those who want to do resistance roleplay can leave the city realistically by actually escaping through one of many methods.
  • By using transition points, anyone who has been to server 2 will then respawn back into the map already in the outland areas so they dont have to keep spawning inside the perimeter wall.
  • Also has canals, sewers, underground labs, bunkers.
  • Outland area is extensive with at least 5 key safehouses at each corner of the map rather than most where the rebels always hide in one spot. CCA / COTA patrols outside of the perimeter walls will have a long task to check all of the spots routinely.
  • Totally open plan layout.

I'll be hopefully running a stress test tomorrow night after I do a final compile and get it all uploaded to workshop.

In terms of optimisation, I have a decent PC so its hard to say how well it will fare on low end machines but thus far I havnt had any problems.
My only worry that it uses max brushes / entities / etc so it could become unstable at high populations but we'll see.

I may try and fit in a few more useful buildings before finishing just to make it better for loyalist groups etc.

2015-08-27_00005.jpg

2015-08-27_00001.jpg

2015-08-27_00006.jpg

2015-08-27_00004.jpg

2015-08-27_00003.jpg

2015-08-27_00002.jpg

pripyatplan.jpg

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507561128

Yeh I can get rid of the vines n shit.

Roaper said:
Ah, forgive me. I don't keep up with fast food sandwich or pedophilia news.
Don't worry fam I gotchu you on that, I keep up with that fast food pedophile news all day nigga.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cafe Baltic doesn't feel like a Cafe Baltic at all, there's no oven, etc.

nerd girl loser said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Cafe Baltic doesn't feel like a Cafe Baltic at all, there's no oven, etc.
this prop clips into the wall
zfYcyr8.jpg
get rid of this prop and add a stove prop maybe

Damn. It reminds me of a larger version of Terminal Six. I can't wait until it's official release.

Working on it at the moment, my main concern is cutting down on entdata. Im at like 240% at the moment.........probably got something to do with it.

Davebrown said:
Working on it at the moment, my main concern is cutting down on entdata. Im at like 240% at the moment.........probably got something to do with it.
I'm going to assume that's a bad thing at 240 percent. Is that the probably reason as to why the server kept crashing?

Well.......these days almost all maps seem to be well over 100% ........ the 100 limit is patheticly small........entdata is a variable that goes hand in hand when the server is actually live so stuff like players spawning props only adds to it........and obviously the server dosnt crash immediately it stays up for like an hour first............

currently im thinking its because i have to launch it with hunkalloclightmaps..........ive only had to do that for rp_apocalypse in the past and that was fine..........so yeh, im gonna just cut down a load of entities i dont need, try and fix the lightmap issue and see how that works out

I think you should take as much time as you need, Dave, I downloaded the workshop version, and while there WERE some problems, It certainly was well made and close to concept, you're the expert, and I can't wait to see what you do.

Pop's Attitude adjustment stick is a weapon name I made for TF2.

Going for a final compile now......gone to work and left the compiler running so hopefully it wont get stuck at like 80% portal creation like before

• lab is gone
  • redone the bar in an old cafe behind spawn area
  • made some nexus rooms more spacious and less mazey
  • scrapped some tree props that were problematic
  • compiling without HDR to avoid stupid steampipe bug with bloom and reflections that i cant fucking fix
  • entdata down from 240% to 190%
  • removed annoying global rumbling sound
  • added canals spawn room so players who have previously come from the canals can choose to enter the map from inside the perimeter or outside using a teleport door
  • added a few graffiti decals to clarify which side of the wall is "in" or "out" of the city......should clear up some confusion
  • removed vines and excess debris in nexus and few other buildings
  • labled shops and cafes for easier recognition

Davebrown said:
Going for a final compile now......gone to work and left the compiler running so hopefully it wont get stuck at like 80% portal creation like before

• lab is gone
  • redone the bar in an old cafe behind spawn area
  • made some nexus rooms more spacious and less mazey
  • scrapped some tree props that were problematic
  • compiling without HDR to avoid stupid steampipe bug with bloom and reflections that i cant fucking fix
  • entdata down from 240% to 190%
  • removed annoying global rumbling sound
  • added canals spawn room so players who have previously come from the canals can choose to enter the map from inside the perimeter or outside using a teleport door
  • added a few graffiti decals to clarify which side of the wall is "in" or "out" of the city......should clear up some confusion
  • removed vines and excess debris in nexus and few other buildings
  • labled shops and cafes for easier recognition
I'm so excited! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! (Please make a Pop's attitude adjustment stick easter egg if you can.)

Ok well it worked, just making sure Ive packed everything this time.

I cant see any more missing stuff so hopefully this should be the last time I have to do it.

Full visleaf compile works now also so hopefully performance should be fixed for everyone. Still might be a bit heavy when around the middle of the map as the most stuff to render there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread