pirate

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's when you call an admin, instead of pretending that your SWEPs make you an admin

if the admins online thought pirate was in the wrong for dealing with something themselves (that all other players present thought was acceptable considering the level of disruption he was causing), they would have dealt with it then. if roven can find me one other person at the rp scenario that wanted him there, i might change my own position on the script killing

we didn't 'ignore his rp' and push him off to the side like a new player we didn't want to rp with, we gave him fair chance and he blew it pretty quickly

I was calling an admin when I was returning. How much do you disrupt roleplay if you DM somebody and they feel the need to come back and call an admin?

You were intentionally disrupting roleplay. You continued to intentionally disrupt roleplay, and intended to disrupt more roleplay by putting the brakes on all of it to get an admin in who would (or actually, did) tell you the same thing. Not satisfied with that disruption, you, several days later, decided to post a ban request to cause yet more trouble.

On the flipside, my (and others') DM interrupted nothing except your fucking tidal wave of inane whining in LOOC, which enabled us to continue roleplaying.

They way I usually view this is:

Imagine you're at an airsoft field, some asshole is cheating and isn't calling his hits. Do you:

a) Get you and your buddies up close with him and spray his ass with 500+ plastic balls of bee-sting level death that can just ruin the day because you get removed too?

or

b) Call a ref, ref ejects player. Carry on with match.

I really, really hate DM in the middle of RP, even if I'm dealing with one of those people. As pathetic as it sounds, it just kills my already fragile mood. The only time I'll DM is when of course- someone is trying to DM me. Even the punch swep doesn't require DMing the fucker because it takes forever to knock someone out out with it. Christ almighty, as much as Roven was being a dickhead, it's just a simple /a away. This thread wouldn't have popped up if it was handled by an admin Chrissakes.

Neither is completely right here. I'd say Roven is more in the wrong, but DMing is seriously not okay.

Rant over.

This isn't an airsoft field, though. It's a collaborative writing community. We have rules to protect players who want to write from players who don't. The RDM rule is written with people running around interrupting RP with their sweps in mind, not irate players shitcanning morons who are purposefully disrupting their roleplay.

You don't do that at an airsoft field because you can cause actual injury to the victim over a minor foul. I don't think Roven is covered in welts. If he is, it's not because I DMed him.

Should I have called an admin? I mean, yeah, I guess? In the grand scheme of things, yes, I should have called an admin, but what difference does it really make between me or an admin ejecting him when he's disrupting RP on purpose?

It would save you from the frustration of shit like this popping up. Nobody wants to deal with a thread made on them.

Honestly it's not about them, it's saving you the trouble.

So why should I be banned when it's just a matter of saving myself the trouble? Doesn't banning me for ejecting disruptive players only cause additional disruptions?

Did I say you should be banned? No.

It's a matter of reducing and eventually eradicating disruptive, annoying DM in the middle of RP.

Ultimately I find it a lot less disruptive to waste the dude over and over again in between emotes until he gets the point than calling an admin over and having to put RP on hold not only for myself but everyone else involved (including the responding admin) while I sort logs and build a case.

rdming someone cus u dont like them and want them out of ur face is not a valid long term solution and does not accomplish anything positive. it does not "teach them a lesson," it does not change their long term behavior, it just gives you the brief personal satisfaction of killing someone who annoyed you, until 45 seconds later they walk back and means they will never listen to your concerns again because in their mind you're now "that cunt who rdmed me".

just like harsh sentencing laws IRL: while being "tough on crime" makes you really feel good cuz those scumbags got what they DESERVED, it actually has the exact opposite effect and doesnt reduce crime rates for shit. short term satisfaction != long term change.

that is why you escalate to an admin if you can't solve your problem with another player, and then they can start making decisions about how to deal with the player's actions. you are not an admin, and your sweps do not make you one.

Last edited:
I really, really hate DM in the middle of RP, even if I'm dealing with one of those people. As pathetic as it sounds, it just kills my already fragile mood. The only time I'll DM is when of course- someone is trying to DM me. Even the punch swep doesn't require DMing the fucker because it takes forever to knock someone out out with it. Christ almighty, as much as Roven was being a dickhead, it's just a simple /a away. This thread wouldn't have popped up if it was handled by an admin Chrissakes.

Neither is completely right here. I'd say Roven is more in the wrong, but DMing is seriously not okay.

Rant over.

not a single person involved wanted him there, and the same thing would have been said to the admin except the admin would have taken an extra ten minutes to get through it in looc while this guy would have likely still been arguing

you're acting like walls of LOOC doesn't kill the mood just as much as a gunshot does. it's really easy for people to say 'don't rdm! it preabks the immersuion and kills my mood!' when you're not the one trying to rp with some idiot spamming the chat about inane bullshit

rdming someone cus u dont like them and want them out of ur special snowflake face is not a valid long term solution and does not accomplish anything positive. it does not "teach them a lesson," it does not change their long term behavior, it just gives you the brief personal satisfaction of killing someone who annoyed you, until 45 seconds later they walk back and means they will never listen to your concerns again because you're now "that cunt who rdms people".

that is why you escalate to an admin if you can't solve your problem with another player, and then they can start making decisions about how to deal with the player's actions. you are not an admin, and your sweps do not make you one.

I have no idea who Roven is. I don't particularly like or dislike him. I DMed him because he walked up and flooded my chat box with complaints in LOOC while I was trying to roleplay. This was my first ever interaction with him.

Everyone wanted him out. Everyone took a shot at him. The ones who didn't are here saying they wish they had. What's the big question mark here?

RDM Me? Fine. RDM Roven? Now Youre Playing With Your Life Buddy.

no but really can we come to a conclusion to this roven and pirate -- do you want to pursue this case? or can we clear this up man to man here

if not, we'll take it to the admin boards and see what we can do, see if we can justify a punishment for both parties because are both technically at fault.

not a single person involved wanted him there, and the same thing would have been said to the admin except the admin would have taken an extra ten minutes to get through it in looc while this guy would have likely still been arguing

you're acting like walls of LOOC doesn't kill the mood just as much as a gunshot does. it's really easy for people to say 'don't rdm! it preabks the immersuion and kills my mood!' when you're not the one trying to rp with some idiot spamming the chat about inane bullshit

then you call an admin, who has the authority to remove the player from the community, and have him kicked or banned.

this is not rocket surgery.

Although Roven really shouldn't have been been flooding LOOC pirate, this isn't the first time that this conversation has been had with you specifically about gunning down people randomly when admins online.

You'd be saving yourself a lot of trouble if you took the five seconds to go "/a hey this snotbag is causing a ruckus and disrupting my rp" because if we allowed everyone to gun down people that were disrupting roleplay the city would be flooded with gunfire. Admins arent just script-spawners and teleporters; they have a job they've volunteered to do and they'd be more than obliged to take the two seconds to either kick or ban the miscreant that is causing trouble, and you can go back to your RP uninterrupted and not have to deal with another "bAN REQUEST PIRAT!!"

then you call an admin and have him kicked.

That takes fucking forever and the long chat about "why idiot should be kicked [only to rejoin and do it again anyway, but more subtly]" interrupts RP far more than blasting him a few times until he gets bored.

That takes fucking forever and the long chat about "why idiot should be kicked [only to rejoin and do it again anyway, but more subtly]" interrupts RP far more than blasting him a few times until he gets bored.

until he comes back 45 seconds later, and now he's pissed off.

but - great, you got to blat blat him. feels good, doesn't it! really taught him a lesson that what he was doing was wrong, didn't you?

until, yknow, he immediately comes back, because you havent solved the problem in any way.

rdming someone cus u dont like them and want them out of ur special snowflake face is not a valid long term solution and does not accomplish anything positive. it does not "teach them a lesson," it does not change their long term behavior, it just gives you the brief personal satisfaction of killing someone who annoyed you, until 45 seconds later they walk back and means they will never listen to your concerns again because you're now "that cunt who rdms people".

you're making this into some spin about us having an elitist complex in our 'special snowflake' group, i've already explained that we took him seriously for the first /me before he started making shit up. he got alot more leeway than normal BECAUSE we thought he was new.

when it became clear he was not new but rather purposely trying to start shit, it was dealt with. i'm not saying i don't have respect for the administration but it didn't take an admin to tell us that this guy was going to continue to destroy our rp

until he comes back 45 seconds later, and now he's pissed off.

but - great, you got to blat blat him. feels good, doesn't it! really taught him a lesson that what he was doing was wrong, until he immediately came back!

I'm trying to pull a splinter out, not educate it. I don't care if he learned a lesson as long as he fucks off out of my bubble.

I'm not an elitist. I don't exclude new players. I don't eject people for not being up to whatever standards you think I have (they're pretty low). I eject people for actively disrupting roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread