pirate

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roven

Jun 7, 2011
OOC Name: Pirate or brigande!
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:5544037
Character Name: Katyusha Maksimova
What happened:

I spawned into the server and ran out of the spawn area and when I was running by Katyusha Maksimova hollered IC "It was him! Get him!" and I was then involved in something. A CP was prone, another was hunkered over him and I don't know. They told me to get on the wall, I got on the wall and I was about to be arrested. I had an interview coming up so I figured, okay go ahead and try to way lay any fear of you being associated with whatever caused this and you know, fix some shit up. They told me to get on the wall like I said and I approached the situation with some /me and some shit or whatever and no one shot me so I figured alright I'm in and there was a lot of backlash to the RP I had come up with. I just came back to this community and while I'm sure I'm not quite as hot at this shit as I once was I didn't really have all the extra shit coming. I genuinely wanted nothing to do with the situation, but since I was in it I tried to make the best of it. I think I read something about gurgling blood and I thought of Three Kings so I figured "well we'll just jam a ball point pen in your chest." and this, I know now because hindsight is 20/20, was a little har har ridiculous. Whatever. That's granted. I can wear that. But pirate is an insufferable person and I got irritated with the backlash. I was DM'd four times and told I was not included in the RP, that I wanted little to do with sparing LOOC just to know what to be RPing in reaction when I moved past them. I continued to return because I was trying to call an admin with !a and got no responses.

I have been made to understand that pirate is a uh, a person with general support from all angles. That he is typically immune to an actual ban. He is more special than others. That's for the admins. I'm not even really one to talk, I was to be almost /exactly/ the same although I had less support because I was insufferable to every other admin and occasionally got into a lot of shenanigans for shenanigans sake, but I was also 16.

I was later told after my interview for the CED, which I was accepted through IC, that Bungo was refusing to add me to the roster. That Bungo had received word from pirate that I was a retard and that I should not be added. There's no IC reason if during roleplay I was DM'd and everything else went fuck all everywhere. I didn't do what they wanted me to do in the RP so I was DM'd and this was okay with me originally. Whatever. You got it bro. But that it extends to my opportunities for roleplay is too much and for that order to be passed down OOC from a person who isn't an administrator, with no IC reasoning is against everything pirate claims to be a proponent of: RP. I do not know pirate, but I have spoken to him and I wasn't the beacon of reason and friendliness but neither was he. If I had it my way I would've had nothing to do with the entire situation but that was not in my control. I could've reacted better, I could've just went AFK and waited to be arrested and said nothing as to be convenient to whoever's RP. But I didn't.

Still however, I didn't DM anybody. I didn't need to be DM'd. I didn't need to be involved. Its not right that I should be barred from a faction because he doesn't like me.

Pardon the walls of text and pardon whatever shitstorm this might spawn, but I was gonna post it before I learned who pirate was, why not do it now? I just think that everyone should be held accountable.

Time it happened: the 4th or the 5th of Feb
Pictures/Proof:
There's multiple screens just scroll down.

http://imgur.com/a/KoWmi

Your character was accused of committing a crime by a shit-stirring punk character (mine). You immediately took to LOOC with complaints about your character's innocence, then approached the units who were holding you at gunpoint demanding to be allowed to help the unit you were accused of attacking. You ignored all roleplay and threats directed at your character during this period.

At some point you decided to start bitching about 844's injury with long walls of text in LOOC in the middle of RP. You were told to can it and decided to launch into an entirely separate rant about my character's name -- apparently you're under the impression that Katyusha strictly refers to a primitive type of multiple launch rocket system, which you clung to for the rest of the night (repeatedly referring to me as "rockets") -- I'm not going to bother insulting your intelligence here because it really writes itself.

Yes, I DMed you -- you were holding up roleplay and not contributing anything to it to begin with. Note, I'm not the only player who shot you, only the one who was attributed the kill. Subsequently, other players killed you when you returned with more bitching and walls of text for LOOC.

You then wanted to join the CA. As noted in my "How to join the CA" post, I reserve the right to refuse anyone entry based on attitude issues and poor roleplay conduct, so you got refused.

Throughout the entire night you were more OOC than IC simply because you refused to stop complaining about things you are clueless about. Nobody wanted to deal with your interruptions, not even the admin who was on-scene, so you got ejected and excluded. Tough shit.

By the way, are you an alt of Cup?

Last edited:
whoever deleted my post i'm retarded e; fuckin guy editing my posts now.....

the original with the edits i was making while u deleted it;
\

what the fuck are you even------

lol

im laughing so hard right now you dont understand

using the excuse of pirate being 'immune to a ban' to justify admins ignoring you doesn't work because uhh

i think he's been banned more times than any other member in the community

there was no /me of gurgling blood, you jumped into a scenario without the slightest clue of what was going on, then proceeded to argue in looc about it and distrupt an rp situation that up to that point had zero looc(which is rare might i add).

if pirate told bungo you were a retard, it only compounded what i said about you and what bungo himself witnessed in the same situation because, shocker, he was present!

signed, the 'prone' cp

Last edited:
This is about the DMs mind you.

Everything I did was shitty, worthy of hanging by hooks off my Achilles tendons. I wear that. That's okay. My condolences. Seriously.

Sometimes walking away from an rp situation is the best option. Especially when there are several signs that you're not welcome into it.

i dunno if you noticed pirate but tnb doesnt have a consent rule

also youre not an admin and being able to RDM people to enforce your self-made rules about whos allowed to rp with you doesnt make you one

Last edited:
Seabass Seabass

When I played here you could not run away from RP after the Combine told you to stop and ignore it OOC. I was unwelcomely welcomed.

Seabass Seabass

When I played here you could not run away from RP after the Combine told you to stop and ignore it OOC. I was unwelcomely welcomed.

Yes, you are expected to roleplay when addressed IC, not immediately start flooding LOOC with complaints about every little thing you can find.

I'll say again, you were shot by three different people roughly consecutively. I was credited with the kill. Subsequently you were killed by other players, but you kept running back to whine in LOOC about the wound you didn't understand, my character's name, and other stupid shit.

You were only barely IC at any given point, offering weak token emotes in between out-of-character ranting about this or that. It was grating. The rest of us wanted to roleplay, you obviously didn't, so you got ejected. Every time someone killed you there was a cascade of "thank you" and "about time" from everyone else standing around.

i dunno if you noticed pirate but tnb doesnt have a consent rule

and RDMing people isnt how you enforce it

you're confused steve

he ran into a scenario, and essentially powergamed a medical condition on my character because he had no clue what actually happened, while ignoring weapons being directed at him by three units AND THEN argued with people in LOOC, not to mention in the teamspeak channel he was in.

i don't care who shot him, pirate or not. i would have done it myself too because he was not ruining a scenario by simply interjecting and trying to get involved--it was because he was ignoring /mes from other players and creating his own narrative that not only confuses other nearby rpers, but also destroys the continuity of the situation

you're confused steve

he ran into a scenario, and essentially powergamed a medical condition on my character because he had no clue what actually happened, while ignoring weapons being directed at him by three units AND THEN argued with people in LOOC, not to mention in the teamspeak channel he was in.

that's when you call an admin, instead of pretending that your SWEPs make you an admin

So I was DM'd. That's what we're talking about. DM is okay?

Yes, Cup, when you're intentionally disrupting roleplay, RDM is perfectly acceptable.

I'm sure if I had committed some great crime against the server, any one of the several admins on-scene (including the SCL) would have intervened. They didn't.

I was calling an admin when I was returning. How much do you disrupt roleplay if you DM somebody and they feel the need to come back and call an admin?

Let's not get snarky here lads. Keep it civil and to the point.

Passive aggression, or direct aggression is how threads are derailed.

Roven, you weren't roleplaying there. Just by the screenshots alone you can fucking see that you were doing nothing but shitting up LOOC because your CHARACTER was accused of doing something. I'm sure pirate could've gone to an admin to try and get you to stop being a retard, but in doing so interrupts roleplay further. Basically what I've gathered from this is you were dragging purely IC things into OOC and people got mad at you for for the obvious fucking reason of interrupting their RP. I'm not sure if there were admins on at the time, but that's your responsibility to /a if you feel you're getting shat on. The repeated deathmatch makes sense as you continued to return to the situation where you had been shitting up local.

Stop shitting up local with irrelevant shit. It's the most painful thing to try and roleplay with someone who is CONSTANTLY bitching in local about purely IN CHARACTER problems. I think you need to take a step back and realize that this isn't a blatant malicious RDM that interrupted RP. YOU were shitting up local and interrupting roleplay.

IC problems are not OOC problems, stop treating them as such.

You shouldn't be punishing pirate for RDM here when really its Roven who was interrupting roleplay.

well i'm at a crossroads right now because if it is true that you ran up and just started arguing in local ooc without much motive then that all of its own is literal reason to get out of a situation where people are trying to roleplay, but i guess you didnt get the hint when pirate rdmed you the first time.

yes, pirate has the tendency to take matters into his own hands but if they aren't responding then i could honestly care less if you were dm'd, what i dont understand is that you've being very evasive about the reason why you were dm'd, you can't really take the argument " dming is wrong " but in the same instance disrupt people intentionally with pointless arguing lol, especially about a name, unless the guys name is Jason " Wonga " killlllller and he's trying to break your hand into three different places theres really no place to argue.

but, pirate, you need to understand that if admins are on server you need to !a or message someone in steam instead of rdming someone four times.

thank you

it was mainly your attitude in the screenshot that set pirate off i think
i was there, im the unit standing in the top right-ish? in the logs im 014

you attacked pirates character somewhat inappropriately and pirate responded with more aggression which is, although common for pirate, something that happens that is easy to forgive because pirate is rarely if ever wrong when he picks someone out

i think pirate took your "uh, rdmd me m8" in the same way he took your first line and hoped you would have understood he didnt want you around when he shot you

and yeah, he did ignore my emotes and i broke character to not shoot him because i figured he was just new and didnt know what was up - you can see my lines at the top where 014 told him to 'fuck off'.

in pirates thread against zippo we concluded rdming really needed to stop and because we're here again, i think pirate is in line for like, a five minute "i told you i'd do something about your pesky dms" ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread