pirate

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my fucking God you don't get it.

RDM is short term and only leads to more problems.

Admins fucking solve shit long term.

please answer this question;

if u were an admin, what long-term solution would u come up with to solve this problem??

I wasn't disrupting RP on purpose. I was ineffectually trying to RP. I don't in my typical thinking believe that I can leave a situation if CPs told me to freeze or get on a wall or whatever. If the CP shot me I would've been freed from the situation, but you killed me with no IC reason. I came back to get an admin involved because thats what I'm supposed to do. I had no malice, I just didn't know what the fuck was going on and was trying to adapt to the situation, but by the time I was involved everyone wanted me to fuck off. I was a dick OOC but I was trying to get a handle on what was going on so I could participate or, you know, get shot and be released from the situation.

This again, is about DMing. I don't think DMing is okay at all. I think I could've handled shit better, but you involved me.

Remember that by the way, you involved me.

you're making this into some spin about us having an elitist complex in our 'special snowflake' group, i've already explained that we took him seriously for the first /me before he started making shit up. he got alot more leeway than normal BECAUSE we thought he was new.

when it became clear he was not new but rather purposely trying to start shit, it was dealt with. i'm not saying i don't have respect for the administration but it didn't take an admin to tell us that this guy was going to continue to destroy our rp

who you are, and who he is, doesnt matter. "special snowflake" was the wrong word for what i was attempting to convey. already edited out.

the point remains, rdm does not truly solve anything. it just gives you some brief smug satisfaction, and pisses them off. calling an admin, who has the authority and the responsibility of figuring out if the player can behave and then getting rid of them if they can't, will actually resolve the problem instead of just making it more complicated and kicking the can down the road.

just imagine: if roven had been dealt with by an admin, he wouldn't bother you again (or if he did, he'd get a day ban and a talking-to) and you wouldn't have this thread in the first place. it's amazing what can happen when you go through proper channels, isn't it?

DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT IN BIG RED TEXT LIKE I ALWAYS DO HOLY FUCKING SHIT

ADMINS BAN, ADMINS KICK. GOOD ADMINS WILL PULL THE LAD ASIDE, TELL THEM WHAT THEY'RE DOING WRONG, MAYBE SLAP THEM WITH A SMALL BAN, AND HOPE THEY IMPROVE. IF THEY DON'T, THEN REMOVE THEM.

I wasn't disrupting RP on purpose. I was ineffectually trying to RP. I don't in my typical thinking believe that I can leave a situation if CPs told me to freeze or get on a wall or whatever. If the CP shot me I would've been freed from the situation, but you killed me with no IC reason. I came back to get an admin involved because thats what I'm supposed to do. I had no malice, I just didn't know what the fuck was going on and was trying to adapt to the situation, but by the time I was involved everyone wanted me to fuck off. I was a dick OOC but I was trying to get a handle on what was going on so I could participate or, you know, get shot and be released from the situation.

This again, is about DMing. I don't think DMing is okay at all. I think I could've handled shit better, but you involved me.

You're right. I involved you. I involved you assuming you were here to roleplay, not function as a complaint geyser in the midst of our roleplay. Unfortunately I was disappointed, so I uninvolved you.

Would you have posted this had I not blocked your entry to CED earlier today? I'm guessing not.

flatpancake said that rdms cause more trouble than neccessary and warned that pirate should avoid causing trouble in the future

pirate has failed that but even so pirate acted out of broader interests, i was very grateful that he removed roven because i dont have the confidence to oust people like that and i did find rovens behavior uncomfortable but only hostile when he attacked pirate

its true admin intervention is the best option but it can take a while. so what are players supposed to do in the meantime? absolutely they can be patient, and perhaps pirate might need a longer fuse. i dont see any point in banning pirate to "teach him a lesson" because in a day or a week at most we'll have another player come along and pirate wont be waiting. at the same time, i agree that he has been warned and he hasnt heeded the warnings.

i feel like the readability on this post was very rough

I'd like to know why DM rules only seem to apply to me, anyway. The console is frequently awash with mass RDMs, often involving admins, and often disrupting roleplay or preventing it from forming.

There are many, many players who RDM far more than I do. I don't see them constantly being threatened or derided for it.

You have a point. DM rules need to be enforced.

Chico was rather good at that for a period, and it kept things civil. Fucking hell.

I don't care if he learned a lesson as long as he fucks off out of my bubble.

"i don't care that i'm simply causing more issues in the future, because i want short term satisfaction and my roleplay is the only thing that matters"

ffs

"i did everything wrong, you got me haha but really can we focus on the person who i provoked into rdming me???"

nobody wanted you to fuck off until you started shit in looc, we wanted you to actually rp but you seemed only capable of looc. pirate involved you, yes. that doesn't change how you acted and how you deserved what you got. you can't say

"oh you involved me?? okay haha anything i do now is all your fault and u cant do anythign about it!!!"

people can argue all they want about whether or not 'RDM' is acceptable, but in this specific case it was well deserved and even the plaintiff knows what he did wrong

The only argument against these type of RDMs is "you should've called an admin!". I RDM people who disturb me. Has anyone ever whined at me about it? No and I know for a fact that Pirate isn't the only one who does this.

The truth of the matter is that Admins want to enforce the whole "don't RDM whatever the case" because they want to avoid the hassle of having to investigate an issue even more in-depth. Was the RDM malicious? Was it disrupting RP? Was it harassment? This, fair enough, is a legitimate question, but how many times have we bothered Pirate about it and it turned out that every single time Pirate had good reason to be frustrated?

tbh people have been banning pirate to teach him a lesson for 8 years and it hasn't worked
People have been banning Pirate over circular logic for 8 years and I was one of them. Time and time again I sought for evidence to dispatch him, but the evidence never came. He's some guy who RDMs people that in all fairness would receive a kick or similar from an admin.

So why doesn't he call for the admins?
Because most of the time it's petty baby shit that doesn't require an autism session of LOOC arguing.
Because admins are likely busy rping, tending to someone else's request or just plain not available. Of all the outcomes, what's likely to happen is that they will (eventually) babysit back-and-forth LOOC games of both parties explaining their side of the story. This is tedious. It's tedious for the admins, it's tedious for the players and, worst of all, it's over some petty nonsense that doesn't even warrant any ban to begin with.

So what do you do when you've had enough and just want to immediately go back to RP uninterrupted? You pull out your swep and send the guy a one-way ticket to the spawnpoint. Boom. Problem solved.

Now what happens naturally is that pedantics will use this as ammo against Pirate and get all giddy, jumping up and down pointing their fingers with bug eyes going "SEE? SEE? I TOLD YOU HE WAS MALICIOUS!!!".

Stop.

The real truth is that the freedom to take matters into our own hands like this, in these situations, spares us from headaches. The odd case comes and goes of someone who victimizes himself, but every time it's proven that they had it coming. The only ones giving you a headache are yourselves. Stop being so strict about enforcing rules and understand that the reason rules exist is to adhere to community stability and well-being, which is why the act of RDMing someone who had it coming is granted immunity from some blind following of the law.

"i don't care that i'm simply causing more issues in the future, because i want short term satisfaction and my roleplay is the only thing that matters"

ffs

yeah, and now you're both in the wrong

Steve, roven is pulling the same cards Cup pulled years ago to rile people up, the same EXACT cards. I don't know how people are falling for them again.

All we need are four or five more ban requests and admin complaints for not seeing his side of things and ignoring him because hes retarded to complete the circle.

Had I not heard him in teamspeak 2 days ago i might be convinced that he actually WAS Cup.

his recipe, tailored and trademarked by cup co;

go on server, jump into rp situation and cause shit.

argue in looc to the point of major frustration for all those involved

provoke an attack or outburst

go to forums, "bad man hurts me"

did things wrong, passively apologizes

"but what he did was INEXCUSABLE"

wait for people to flood in and try to white knight for him based on some inane policy

watch with popcorn and gain rep points and + agrees from people who want to be on the tier of people who can complain about others

Last edited:
This thread is like, two assholes claiming the're not assholes because the other guy was a bigger asshole.

How about you both just grow up and on one side stop clogging shit in LOOC, and in the other stop RDMing. Koing people works better anyways...

Optimistic x1

Steve, roven is pulling the same cards Cup pulled years ago to rile people up, the same EXACT cards. I don't know how people are falling for them again.

All we need are four or five more ban requests and admin complaints for not seeing his side of things and ignoring him because hes retarded to complete the circle.

Had I not heard him in teamspeak 2 days ago i might be convinced that he actually WAS Cup.

then you use ban requests to have him gone for a week, or a month, or forever, not RDM to have him gone for 30 seconds

i'm not defending anyone cus youre all at fault

The real truth is that the freedom to take matters into our own hands like this, in these situations, spares us from headaches. The odd case comes and goes of someone who victimizes himself, but every time it's proven that they had it coming. The only ones giving you a headache are yourselves. Stop being so strict about enforcing rules and understand that the reason rules exist is to adhere to community stability and well-being, which is why the act of RDMing someone who had it coming is granted immunity from some blind following of the law.

except, ta-da, it doesnt solve anything, because here we are, aren't we. he's still playing on the server, and you're in a thread arguing about it. man, this rdm stuff really works!

funny how you talk about "community stability and well-being," when rdming someone who annoyed you, to briefly get them out of your face, solves nothing and doesn't make them stop misbehaving -- in fact it just does the opposite and now they're pissed off at you.

great solution. a+ job.

Last edited:
Why did I even get involved in this?

Next time I start getting involved in forum shit someone stop me please and thanks. I don't need this shit in my life.

except, ta-da, it doesnt solve anything, because here we are, aren't we. he's still on the server, and you're in a thread arguing about it.

pretty effective solution, huh?
I'm arguing because you're arguing.
Circular logic my dude. You're the one making an issue out of this.

e: Or you can rate every single one of my posts dumb that works too.

I'd like to know why DM rules only seem to apply to me, anyway. The console is frequently awash with mass RDMs, often involving admins, and often disrupting roleplay or preventing it from forming.

There are many, many players who RDM far more than I do. I don't see them constantly being threatened or derided for it.

i would say it was perpetuality (where people always remember your last unban or ban req over rdm) but this case in particular, you and roven have just met so thats somewhat bunk. its very possible that you're in the right and that the problematic attitudes you dont want to deal with, in this case roven, are so problematic they seek to punish you as well.

in any case, pirate? i love you and i love having you around tnb. i'd ask you to avoid dming people because of the hoops you have to go through. personally though, i felt a lot more comfortable when you removed roven from the situation. i dont feel like your swiftness is assumption and overreaction so much as conclusion, and dming was the 'last resort' apart from waiting.

i know you dont get off on rdming because im sure the second you do it, you think about all the trouble you have to go through because of it

Why did I even get involved in this?

Next time I start getting involved in forum shit someone stop me please and thanks. I don't need this shit in my life.

Alright. From now on, you can't do anything on the forums. Sound good?

But seriously, this entire thread is a huge pissing match, and it is, quite frankly, pathetic. I believe that Pirate is in the clear here, but now its just a huge case of "Nuh uh! He is meaner than me!" back and forth. It gets no one anywhere. Roven obviously was being disruptive to the RP, so the RDM, I think, is justified.

then you use ban requests to have him gone for a week, or a month, or forever, not RDM to have him gone for 30 seconds

i'm not defending anyone cus youre all at fault

except, ta-da, it doesnt solve anything, because here we are, aren't we. he's still playing on the server, and you're in a thread arguing about it. man, this rdm stuff really works!

funny how you talk about "community stability and well-being," when rdming someone who annoyed you, to briefly get them out of your face, solves nothing and doesn't make them stop misbehaving -- in fact it just does the opposite and now they're pissed off at you.

great solution. a+ job.

What if instead of trying to find a way to blame me for something, anything, you instead went "well Roven you blatantly provoked this response by deliberately interrupting and stalling roleplay" and ended it right there?

This is a huge thing because you're humoring him, not because I shot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread