pirate

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are y'all encouraging RDM?

not to pick sides here, but when people interrupt my roleplay, i learn how to deal with them. when someone disrupts the setting, i call an admin or ignore them until they fuck off because im not an impulsive child who needs absolute perfection to RP and i like to avoid starting shitstorms like these

if you're gonna bend one rule over and over again, why even have rules in the first place? you act like you're in the right for getting rid of the guy (don't get me wrong, you probably were), but what gives you the right to RDM when other people willingly take a step back and avoid breaking a written rule because it's a rule. at what point am i allowed to start RDMing people with this as an excuse? since i'm more renowned that the average minge, does that give me the privilege to break the rules as long as it's only them i'm fucking over, or can i fuck over anyone i want as long as i have support from players in the community and an excuse?

also, stop assuming that every post telling you to stop shooting people is in defense of Roven. have you considered that people maybe just want you to stop DMing so often, especially considering the amount of ban requests i've seen on you for RDM in the past.

Here's how all of these fucking threads go down.

• Someone gets bitchy at Pirate for doing Pirate things.
  • Steve gets bitchy at Pirate for doing Pirate things.
  • Pirate gets bitchy at Steve for getting bitchy at Pirate for doing Pirate things.
  • Steve's friends get bitchy at Pirate for both doing Pirate things and getting bitchy at steve for getting bitchy at Pirate for doing Pirate things.
  • Pirate's friends get bitchy at Steve and Steve's friends for getting bitchy at Pirate for doing pirate things and getting bitchy at Pirate for doing Pirate things.
  • The thread gets derailed.
And so the cycle of Pirate continues.

How about just once we let this stay the fuck on topic, and we allow for it to go it's course without dragging our balls through a mile of fucking broken glass and getting mad at eachother for old fucking shit.

Let the admin team decide. Don't bring up your personal affiliations. Let the people involved post their pieces without stepping in your knee-deep shit pile of arguing.

What if instead of trying to find a way to blame me for something, anything, you instead went "well Roven you blatantly provoked this response by deliberately interrupting and stalling roleplay" and ended it right there?

This is a huge thing because you're humoring him, not because I shot him.

i could say the same thing - what if, instead of blatting people who annoy you, you'd followed proper channels and had an admin 3day ban him? i can spoil the suspense for you: this thread would never have happened

repeat after me: if you handle problems the right way, it doesn't spawn even more problems

i could say the same thing - what if, instead of blatting people who annoy you, you'd followed proper channels and had an admin 3day ban him? i can spoil the suspense for you: this thread would never have happened

repeat after me: if you handle problems the right way, it doesn't spawn even more problems
\

literally the exact same logic could apply to you lol

Let's not get snarky here lads. Keep it civil and to the point.

Passive aggression, or direct aggression is how threads are derailed.

I would be horrible at the UN.

e: stop ironically rating me useful @pirate's friendos.
I already know I'm not, I have myself for telling me that tyvm

But it's only a problem because you made it a problem. This is mafia logic. You'll break my windows if I don't pay you, but I'm the one causing problems by not paying you. :thinking:

If you'd just directed your energy at the actual root cause of the problem, Roven's disruptions, we wouldn't be here. I acknowledged already I should have called an admin, probably.

FlatPancake is still the only one who's given me a good argument against policing with RDM. FP told me RDMing minges can (and does) permanently turn them off from roleplay, occasionally making them into gremlins when they might otherwise have been salvaged. I saw the light and haven't done it since. It doesn't apply in this case. Give me a good reason - not just "well I'm hassling you so obviously it doesn't solve problems!"

this is like watching two rock'em sock'em robots with parkinsons duel it out

can this thread be locked because I think the special needs foodfight can come to an end now

I'm not touching the can of worms that is rdm. I was really ticked when I found out this guy was basically blacklisted from the CA by you Pirate.

Of course I was also not told by either side the REASON for not letting him in. I'd like it if next time there was a little more communication when it comes to stuff like this; because I probably wouldn't of hired him for the CED if I knew about this.

Would've saved me a headache. Might of prevented this thread too. I dont know.

I don't think you contacted me to ask. Bungo did, Bungo got the explanation, Bungo agreed. Not my fault it wasn't passed along.

I rejected him from CED because I don't think someone who intentionally disrupts RP and baits people into DMing him so he can whine about it is someone I want in the CA, especially if his response to being denied is to then post a ban request for something that was settled days ago rather than to reach out to me and try to discuss the matter.

I don't think you contacted me to ask. Bungo did, Bungo got the explanation, Bungo agreed. Not my fault it wasn't passed along.

I rejected him from CED because I don't think someone who intentionally disrupts RP and baits people into DMing him so he can whine about it is someone I want in the CA, especially if his response to being denied is to then post a ban request for something that was settled days ago.

Alright. I wasn't trying to sling the blame at you. It was a bit of miscommunication between a couple of us.

Sorry, just kinda came off that way. My mood atm is probably coloring the way I'm reading shit.

But it's only a problem because you made it a problem. This is mafia logic. You'll break my windows if I don't pay you, but I'm the one causing problems by not paying you. :thinking:

If you'd just directed your energy at the actual root cause of the problem, Roven's disruptions, we wouldn't be here. I acknowledged already I should have called an admin, probably.

FlatPancake is still the only one who's given me a good argument against policing with RDM. FP told me RDMing minges can (and does) permanently turn them off from roleplay, occasionally making them into gremlins when they might otherwise have been salvaged. I saw the light and haven't done it since. It doesn't apply in this case. Give me a good reason - not just "well I'm hassling you so obviously it doesn't solve problems!"

i think you're conflating two issues here in a weird way, or something. roven's behavior is one problem, your response is another. is his behavior acceptable? absolutely not, i haven't said a word to defend him, and my condemnation of rdm as a destructive non-answer shouldn't be misconstrued as saying you were in the wrong to be angry. i've been in your shoes and i was pretty cheesed off.

but by RDMing him, congratulations, all you've really accomplished is pissing him off, and now we have this thread. he's still on the server, still able to make an ass of himself and cause grief for other players as he's done for you, and now he's even less likely to mend his ways or treat you better. that's not a solution.

I feel bad. Roven's an old soul and he's clearly out of touch in this 2k17 HL2. He needs a refresher or something. If he's open to it, someone should offer him some help to improve his stay here.

I'd do it myself but I'm about to be without internet for a while. Someone save Roven from destroying himself. He's obviously got potential if he routes that brainpower writing LOOC rants into actual RP. I'm assuming he's here to RP like the rest of us, something must not be clicking right now.

I really liked this community back when and I poured a lot of effort into it when I was a regular. I don't want to be demonized because I was pissy in response to whatever it was that was going on. I wasn't trying to "disrupt RP" I'm not here to troll people. If I have consequences for my part, so be it. I haven't made any defense for my own behavior. I calls it hows I sees it and I was shitty, but it wasn't without some sort of cause. I could've done better and its my intention to do better if I still feel like coming here. Truth be told, the whole reason why I even wanted to join the CED was to do passive RP so I could avoid shit like this. (Thank you Anony. I'd be open to any constructive input)

I understand I interrupted something that was interesting, but it wasn't my purpose or intention. It shouldn't be construed that I was going out of my way to fuck something up. I'm not some mingebag. Pirate should look at himself as much as I'm willing to look at myself and do something different but he believes he is above these things. It's not my intention to see him banned forever, to see him banned for double digits. I'm requesting a ban to humble him, and if I should get a ban too, fine.

I returned to the same place to have an admin address the issue. The admin that was there was AFK. Using OOC reasons for IC decisions, if it isn't against the rules, should be. It's a conflict. It's not just that I don't get to join the CED. I could find opportunities for RP elsewhere. It's the principle, which is the subject of the ban request and whats being avoided most by the people in his corner. DMing people is not a solution. Rejecting people from RP because you're RPing with your friends is not conducive to RP, it does not foster RP for the server it fosters RP for friends. It's probably the reason the servers dead most of the day now whereas it used to be dead during the school year until the bell rang and again at the crack of dawn. Pirate DMing someone because he doesn't like how they're reacting to him LOOC or IC or whatever is a problem. Denying someone after they go through every hoop IC successfully because of something unrelated is a problem and it should be addressed in some way meaningful.

I don't doubt Pirate has earned his respect and contributes to RP greatly. Why else would he have a posse posting for him in this thread. But him being respected and being a contributor doesn't excuse his sense of personal license. That is why he should be temporarily banned. If I should be banned with it for my part, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be. Fair is fair. But recognize where I'm coming from.

I didn't reject you from RP because I was RPing with my friends. I invited you to the RP as a complete stranger and you gave me LOOC spam so you got uninvited, holy shit. Stop trying to spin it as something that it isn't.

You were then rejected from the CED because I don't think you roleplay, a decision CWU's leadership is in unanimous agreement with. It's on you to prove us wrong. You aren't going to do that by trying to get me banned for rejecting you, lol.

This elitism/cronyism/friendship circle narrative is totally unfounded, a complete invention. I don't know half the people in the CA, Joe357 who I recently made leader of the CWU is a complete unknown to me. I've spoken to him like twice and the same can be said for the vast majority of the CA's staff.

I rarely intervene but in this case I decided to because I don't feel like someone with your attitude is a good representation of the atmosphere we have in the CA, which frankly is pretty inviting and open.

So now that we've been talking about it, do you have any inkling that the majority of what was going on was a form of miscommunication? When I saw your name I honestly thought you were a newbie.

No, I don't think it was a miscommunication at all. You were being deliberately obstinate. Now you're on the defensive because you have to act nice if you want sympathy from the admins.

Regular psychologist. I can teeter that a little and call you a fuckwad but whats that gonna do for either of us? I was deliberately being obstinate, I didn't see you as an authority. I was trying to understand what the fuck was going on in LOOC, I didn't know how to approach the situation. I didn't know if he was bleeding this way or that way, when I said so and so wouldn't be gurgling from a shoulder wound its because I was trying to understand how to approach a situation that I wasn't approaching according to how everyone else wanted me to do it. Now I could've left it there, but I didn't. Then you DM'd me, and after you DM'd me I didn't figure it was about roleplay anymore so I came back to involve an admin. The entire time I literally thought you were an "inexperienced roleplayer" because you said "He did it" after I'd just joined the server.

It wasn't my intention to derail the RP. I wanted to understand what had been going on, and I approached it badly. When you irritated me, I lashed out. I can't say that your reactions are any better. If you don't want to believe this, you refuse to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread