Hellfang

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you want to rp with people who clearly want nothing to do with you.

if i continued to get shot i'd normally say to myself, "wow they probably don't want me here i better leave and find better things to do"

Cawlin said:
why would you want to rp with people who clearly want nothing to do with you.

if i continued to get shot i'd normally say to myself, "wow they probably don't want me here i better leave and find better things to do"

Because I'm not going to let mine nor anyone else's OOC feelings mix up with my character's IC behavior. And she was in that room IC, sitting on that couch.

Not liking someone isn't an excuse to constantly RDM them.

My question is, if Clavier's character was never in the room in the first place (or able to gain access to it), why did you even bother making the IC comment about dwarves in the bunker, Hellfang?

My second question is, if Clavier's character was never in the room in the first place, and unable to gain access to it, why wasn't he simply told "the door is locked you can't get in" instead of being mocked IC and RDMd?

Not to take sides. I'm just trying to comprehend why this wasn't handled professionally.

Whatever happened to "RDM is never the answer?"

I hardly think that Clavier's should've returned this many times; that hardly was a constructive course of action, but at the same time, would it really have been that difficult for the others in the bunker to work things out properly in the first place? Could've just had a brief conversation in LOOC to determine whether Clavier's character would've been inside or outside the bunker when the scene started, then either evict him IC or RP him (not) being able to enter the bunker?

Sure, it would've been a slight interruption, but in turn everybody would've been content and you wouldn't have yet another drama thread on the forums. At least that's what I'm thinking, feel free to argue that a resolution like the one described above would've been impossible.​

Eli said:
I hardly think that Clavier's in the right here and him returning oh-so-many times hardly was a constructive course of action, but at the same time, would it really have been that difficult to work things out properly in the first place? Could've just had a brief conversation in LOOC to determine whether Clavier's character would've been inside or outside the bunker when the scene started, then either evict him IC or RP him (not) being able to enter the bunker?

Sure, it would've been a slight interruption, but in turn everybody would've been content and you wouldn't have yet another drama thread on the forums. At least that's what I'm thinking, feel free to argue that a resolution like the one described above would've been impossible.​

Clavier was RPing. SUDDENLY RDMED! Drop everything, forget about RP, go away, that's what you're saying? So if I don't want a character to roleplay with me, I can just kill them and expect them to never return again? Woah, what is wrong with you?

Clavier tried to figure things out, but whenever he appeared, he got killed, at least bother reading the OP post.

Garry said:
Clavier was RPing. SUDDENLY RDMED! Drop everything, forget about RP, go away, that's what you're saying? So if I don't want a character to roleplay with me, I can just kill them and expect them to never return again? Woah, what is wrong with you?

Clavier tried to figure things out, but whenever he appeared, he got killed, at least bother reading the OP post.

Allow me to elaborate - I think Clavier shouldn't have repeatedly come back, no-colliding his way through doors and some-such, rather, he should've called for administrative assistance. Perhaps I've worded that line a little too strongly, I'd just gotten up when I wrote that post. I've edited it to shift the focus to what I'm actually trying to say, sorry.​

Eli said:
Allow me to elaborate - I think Clavier shouldn't have repeatedly come back, no-colliding his way through doors and some-such, rather, he should've called for administrative assistance. Perhaps I've worded that line a little too strongly, I'd just gotten up when I wrote that post. I've edited it to shift the focus to what I'm actually trying to say, sorry.​
The problem is that even an admin blocked Clavier from returning to his roleplay.

Who could he have called for support?

Flare said:
maybe he could've taken the hint instead

Why?

No, seriously, tell me a reason of why Clavier should be barred from roleplay with such manners. When RDM is even against the rules, it's such a shitty way to stop someone from roleplay, and an "ex-SCL" shouldn't even do that.

i dont know or care why he should be barred from roleplay, but when your presence is frustrating another player to the point that they'll go to such extreme measures to keep you away, and you've also got an admin backing him up saying you shouldn't be there, maybe it's not a good idea to keep running back and expecting something different to happen

definition of insanity etc

I disagree, Roleplay is a community effort and if you want to exclude someone out of your little circle of pleasure, you're welcome to move your roleplay to somewhere private, like Steam chat, not remove someone you don't want FROM PUBLIC roleplay.

Whenever you RP on the server, you accept to roleplay with everyone and respect their roleplay as legitimate until proven otherwise, Clavier was inside of the Eco bunker and claiming that he couldn't enter the place he already was in and had access to is a silly excuse.

P.S.: -25 points for using a quote from a video game. The quote makes no sense.

Collaborative storytelling. This isn't what happened here though.

Political powerblocs posting in ban threads to ensure that their powerbase isn't taken from them.

Since SRP's rules post is a clusterfuck of poorly worded nonsense and barely covers the topics it needs to you won't find any sort of rules lawyering here because you have nothing to work off of. As always people lean on the hard and fast crutch instead of focusing on communicating in what is being designed and presented as a collaborative role-play experience.

But straight to the facts, Hellfang acknowledged your character as being present with the dwarfs comment only to later RDM you until this was the result. I'm sure the admins will handle it as that log seems pretty cut and dry.

Garry said:
I disagree, Roleplay is a community effort and if you want to exclude someone out of your little circle of pleasure, you're welcome to move your roleplay to somewhere private, like Steam chat, not remove someone you don't want FROM PUBLIC roleplay.

Whenever you RP on the server, you accept to roleplay with everyone and respect their roleplay as legitimate until proven otherwise, Clavier was inside of the Eco bunker and claiming that he couldn't enter the place he already was in and had access to is a silly excuse.

This, essentially.

If you really had issue with Clavier, you could've explained it to him just as he was trying to explain things to you. The lack of communication doesn't fall on Clavier here, it falls on you and Raygin. Why did Raygin allow it? Don't know, doesn't make sense to me, but he can be an idiot at times too.

Garry said:

If you bothered to even read the first sentence of my post, then you'd understand that what I'm saying has nothing to do with the morality of excluding others from roleplay. If someone is RDMing clavier over and over again, then at some point he should of considered either staying away entirely, or trying to resolve the issue before returning.

This isn't the first time this exact same thing has happened to this exact same person. Sooner or later he should learn that running back to the person killing him isn't going to stop them from killing him.

Also, the quote isn't from a video game and it's perfectly applicable if you actually knew what it meant.

Flare said:
If you bothered to even read the first sentence of my post, then you'd understand that what I'm saying has nothing to do with the morality of excluding others from roleplay. If someone is RDMing clavier over and over again, then at some point he should of considered either staying away entirely, or trying to resolve the issue before returning.

This isn't the first time this exact same thing has happened to this exact same person. Sooner or later he should learn that running back to the person killing him isn't going to stop them from killing him.

Also, the quote isn't from a video game and it's perfectly applicable if you actually knew what it meant.

You're talking like it's perfectly acceptable to RDM others, it's not Clavier's fault that Hellfang failed to obey server rules and it's not about HIM learning, it's about Hellfang learning that RDM solves nothing and the way he acted towards Clavier shouldn't be acceptable.

I never said anything was acceptable, don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying the situation could've involved a lot less violence if clavier tried to talk to his attacker instead of repeatedly no colliding inside and expecting anything different to happen.

Flare said:
I never said anything was acceptable, don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying the situation could've involved a lot less violence if clavier tried to talk to his attacker instead of repeatedly no colliding inside and expecting anything different to happen.

"Situation could've involved a lot less violence if German government submitted to demands of terrorists back in 1972"

Hellfang was at the wrong here and Clavier submitting to his demands would only prove that such tactic can be used against him in the future. Claiming that the best solution would be for Clavier to accept his illegitimate removal from roleplay and try to bargain with Hellfang is wrong, for it would only benefit Hellfang and Raygin who both shown that they do not wish to recognize clavier's RP as legitimate no matter what he says.

Why would any sane person try and appease wrongdoers?

clavier put that quote out of context. that was way earlier in a different room. i was perfectly fine with roleplaying with the guy earlier, but at that time, as far as i was aware, his char wasn't in the room and wasn't able to enter the room, and should have been aware of this because of the large locked door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread