Hellfang

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellfang said:
clavier put that quote out of context. that was way earlier in a different room. i was perfectly fine with roleplaying with the guy earlier, but at that time, as far as i was aware, his char wasn't in the room and wasn't able to enter the room, and should have been aware of this because of the large locked door.

You do realize that the door ecos use in their dupe cannot be moved and whenever it's possible to walk through, it's open and when it's not, it's closed?

If Clavier was able to walk through it, then it was ICly open.

e: he wasn't. it was 'closed'.

i accept that repeating the behaviour wasn't the best way to deal with the issue - clavier didnt really show any signs of being this frustrated with it and if i'm entirely honest i think he continued to come back so the dm count would rise to make this ban request look more legitimate. either one of us appealing in looc (properly, not just a few words like "stop pls ty") would have ended the situation. at the time, i'm fairly sure i didn't understand his viewpoint and he didn't understand mine. the resulting miscommunication left me angry at him, and him angry at me. that was a situation that shouldn't have occured, and i'm sorry that it did - i recognise that i shouldn't have let it reach that.

that said, i don't think a ban would be a reasonable response to the situation either. ultimately the incident lasted a few minutes, and after that, the door was opened ic, and clavier entered to resume roleplay. there was minimal disruption and ultimately i think the only people upset were myself and clavier. sorry about that clav.

in the administrative guide there's a line which states that a ban is always a failure to rectify a situation. i get that it comes off as narcissistic to quote something i wrote in a guide, but i think it's probably true - i know a lot of admins agree with that. ultimately if a situation can be resolved without drastic measures, more roleplay can occur as a result. in the same way, i failed to resolve the situation properly and instead resorted to petty behaviour. i get that i see dm in a different light to other people, and that's a difficult thing for me to judge sometimes. often i'm dm'd by admins and friends and i get the impression it's entirely acceptable. i don't mind it and i don't mind it going on frankly, as long as roleplay can still continue. if clavier had been the one gunning me down, i seriously doubt there would be a ban request up here, but i get that not everyone shares that viewpoint. if there was any insult taken, i apologise.

I think it would be fair to slap Ruxandra and Hellfang with the typical 10-20 minute "RDM is never the answer" ban and call it a day.

(Because let us not forget Ruxandra started the violence with AA12 blasting.)

to be fair at the time that would have disrupted the roleplay far more than the actual dm. i dont think admins should make a habit of causing more disruption to rp than they're trying to prevent.

And I don't think that deathmatching someone is ever right. I could not give two fucks about why you did it unless you were defending yourself from another RDMer. You do not take the rules into your own hands or take it upon yourself to constantly gun down someone you perceive to be a source of disruption.

Frankly you deserve to be banned for much longer for a rather blatant rule breaking and lack of remorse or apology.

Drakens said:
And I don't think that deathmatching someone is ever right. I could not give two fucks about why you did it unless you were defending yourself from another RDMer. You do not take the rules into your own hands or take it upon yourself to constantly gun down someone you perceive to be a source of disruption.

Frankly you deserve to be banned for much longer for a rather blatant rule breaking and lack of remorse or apology.

i'm not going to take sides because i like both parties, but what else do you suppose he was to do otherwise? let a form of powergame go unhindered?

Drakens said:

No colliding your way into a room is also an abuse. Regardless of how right you feel about it. Both parties were self-righteous in their "illegal" actions.

Quixotic said:
No colliding your way into a room is also an abuse. Regardless of how right you feel about it. Both parties were self-righteous in their "illegal" actions.

I do not deny that Clavier desrves to be punished for his idiocy. It does not pardon Hellfang of his transgressions however. Standards must be universally maintained.

Also, fancy seeing you here. Seems we're meeting a lot.

McCrae said:
i'm not going to take sides because i like both parties, but what else do you suppose he was to do otherwise? let a form of powergame go unhindered?

Call an admin? Also, didn't Clavier state that he has access to that door AND was in the room earlier?

Never in my life have I seen a community where every member so obsessively and vehemently jutts their noses into the most insignificant of matters and works itself into a rabid boil over the collective attention.

Garry said:
Call an admin? Also, didn't Clavier state that he has access to that door AND was in the room earlier?

Hellfang killed Clavier using ts2_p228
Dr. Anatoliy Nazarov: So, how do we get to the lab? I assume I sleep here, and work there?
Lily Efremova: Because she's an illegal STALKER who is the sister of an ecologist-stalker, who is also an illegal STALKER under the hire of the ecologists.

Lily Efremova

5char

also I could say that i was in freedom base all along, especially when they're having a meeting about a raid or something else that would have otherwise been considered private. the argument "I was there all along" is the byproduct of a virtual roleplaying community that can only be avoided by simply not letting it happen when it actually matters.

this is the reason Solace is public, so that the people who are actually wounded and can't BE anywhere else IC aren't intruding on private conversations when they pop into the server

I can't help but feel that if anyone other than Hellfang would have dealt with the situation... as he had, there would have been some actual consequences for their actions.

Negative said:
I can't help but feel that if anyone other than Hellfang would have dealt with the situation... as he had, there would have been some actual consequences for their actions.

I commented on this earlier. People like Hellfang and I have learned that in the years of being here the rules can be flexible depending on how much of the admin team likes you and is willing to just covertly subvert server rules/standing unwritten rules so that we can move along with our business. Some of them even calculate the Pro's and Con's to keeping people like Hellfang and I around.

Alright, I think I need to make an attempt to clear something up again.

My character, Elena Wolanski, was physically in the room both IC and OOC. She was in the corner of the room curled up on the bed, and decided to transition her position over to sit beside Ruxandra. Hellfang's character made an IC comment that had OOC spite towards my character, then Ruxandra proceeded to kill me. Only then after I was already in the room both OOC and IC without needing to no collide through anything did I return to find the door spontaneously made nocollided to prevent me from walking through it, to which I replied by no colliding it and walking through it to return to where my character was both IC and OOC. To repeat one more time, my character was already in the room before the situation began.

Hellfang said:
clavier didnt really show any signs of being this frustrated with it and if i'm entirely honest i think he continued to come back so the dm count would rise to make this ban request look more legitimate

Don't hold yourself so high. I have no opinion of you prior to this encounter aside from "Hey, he was pretty decent at roleplaying a Bloodsucker last night." And I don't think that's a very good reason for me to suddenly, as you're putting it, come out and try to target you.

Actually wait, come to think of it I do have prior experience indirectly with you, where you tried (and failed) to herd Fuppy to attain cyber logs between one of my character's and his. But this is irrelevant, and only came to mind now that I actually put a trace of thought into it. I'm a very unbiased person, Hellfang, even if we did have a long and rough past with eachother.

Posting this thread wasn't even a thought until Raygin placed that door down, practically saying that it was okay for you to RDM me senselessly and discard my character's existence from the roleplay, going on to insult my intelligence and claim that I'm a moron of sorts when quite frankly you don't know a damn thing about me. It's very insulting. It's my belief that you shouldn't go without punishment just because you're on good terms with the admin team, because that isn't an excuse for RDM. There isn't an excuse to death matching whatsoever unless it was consented to. Then to press on and rather than apologize but insult me directly - in the most cowardice of ways at that, when you think I'm not there still watching the situation - is absolutely one hundred percent uncalled for. If I were to get on the server right now and gun someone down just because I don't want to roleplay with them, and continue to do it even after they return with an attempt to roleplay, I would receive a ban without a doubt. Why should you have the ability to skip off scott free as though nothing had happened? You shouldn't. All members should be treated equally when it comes to things like this. In nearly any administrative situation, all members involved should be treated equally and without bias.

Now let me be as blatant as I can, even if it might seem scornful, but it's the very matter-of-fact truth. If you can't administrate without letting these factors interfere with your decision, you should not be an administrator. Hellfang broke a server rule several times in constant succession and showed no remorse for his actions, but instead that he felt he was justified in breaking a rule. Hellfang should, in return, receive some form of punishment, just as any other community member should.

Spartan5150 said:
I commented on this earlier. People like Hellfang and I have learned that in the years of being here the rules can be flexible depending on how much of the admin team likes you and is willing to just covertly subvert server rules/standing unwritten rules so that we can move along with our business. Some of them even calculate the Pro's and Con's to keeping people like Hellfang and I around.

Not gonna comment on the ban, just gonna say on the last part that's an unspoken thing that truthfully is discussed in all communities. You most likely had those conversations when you ran your own place. It's an inevitability that sometimes people that are really good roleplayers can become somewhat malignant. Some people enjoy the drama and truthfully it's sickening to see how it evolves as the years go by.

Clavier said:
If you can't administrate without letting these factors interfere with your decision, you should not be an administrator.

Don't be naive.

You just backed yourself into a corner you won't be able to argue your way out of.

Can you name an administrator that hasn't shown less than stellar judgement, or even a judgement without bias?

Hell, name a person. A living breathing person in the billions that have ever made a decision on this rotting green earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread