British & Samurai Jack; mccrae unban

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what my word means in this context, but I've always maintained as an HL2 administrator that each player reserves the right to refuse to engage in roleplay if they feel it's unfair, badly done, or downright stupid/unenjoyable, and I'd hope that the SRP administration feels the same. McCrae should have reserved the right to not engage until the situation was defused by admins and I don't see why he got hit with a ban for it, nor why he's still being banned if he's in the right.

My official stance?

They asked for a PK, I brought it to the admin team and instead, it was toned down to a TK with you being ICly transported to the Army Warehouses and losing a fair portion of your item in response (This ended up being your rifle and suit) and interrogated for the reasons Freedom stated. This is all we had at the time and with the situation you were in (Locked away in a room, inside Freedom base) we went ahead with that.

The problems rose when you kept arguing that ICly, 'Sparrow' would've been there to prevent this. That, in my eyes isn't an argument and members of the admin team failed to see it as an argument as well. Your excuse of a 'previous iteration' is literally null at this point because A - previous interaction.

Now, at this point you refused to roleplay due to your constant argument that 'Sparrow' should've been there. Sadly, he wasn't but your whole basis was that ICly, they would be here but of course, they weren't due to OOC matters they were attending too. I mean, you can't deny you continued to re-iterate this point when you constantly filled LOOC with sparrow quoting that Freedom should OOCly stand down until he's there. But, that was an OOC issue, not an IC one. Still, Freedom went ahead with the RP and lone-behold, you refused to RP. I believe when you were banned you even said 'You might as well have banned me for thirty minutes, because that's when Sparrow gets home'. But, there were logs I believe provided that stated that due to your refusal to RP, 'Sparrow' would just be taking a step back and letting the admins deal with your refusal to RP and in turn, you were given a ban for 2 days because of this.

You were banned not because of the scenario, you were banned due to the fact that you refused to roleplay the situation out. To the point where we explicitly said in Teamspeak, "Are you refusing to roleplay?" in which you replied with "Yes." and in turn, banned because of this. The very fact that Sparrow said 'let the admins handle it' brought us to the ban, seeing as you were refusing to do anything ICly until Sparrow arrived.

I have nothing against you and alongside that, I wasn't the one who banned you.

9:15 PM - ****: Rokhazula literally said
9:15 PM - ****: even if you're correct you aren't getting unbanned
This is even better, if it's not Scouser then it's probably someone else but none the less. My stance is this, if the admin team comes to a decision to void the roleplay then yes, it's highly likely you will be unbanned seeing as the RP is null and void. But, if in scenarios that aren't in your favour that at the current time end up with you refusing to RP? You're getting a ban, there's no way around it. I was given reasons for the PK, not the multide of scenarios surrounding it(Brief notes were made to the shootout and how people overheard Phoenix talking about Freedom). The reason why it was toned down to a TK was mainly due to 'suspicion' rather than utmost agreement that Phoenix was a spy. This is why, the IC reasoning was that he was sent off to the Army Warehouses for interrogation and eventually ended up back in the area.

If I was looking for a detective though, I'd gladly pay for your services McCrae seeing as I evidently dig into the scenario as much as you did (Namely because this is the first I've heard of the shootout and Phoenix being a suspected spy). And, to that I apologize. But, much like I've stated. I was given the information I was given and acted upon it at the time seeing as the situation was on-going at the time. Still, I go by the reason of the ban. Because you refused to roleplay at the current time with your argument mainly being due to 'Sparrow' not being there and that ICly, she would've been. Even when I tried to dig further, your response was only 'you don't understand' or 'how can you not see' which to be honest, aren't arguments at all until you fully explain them.

Still, this is my general opinion upon the matter and my statement towards all of this.

really my biggest concern at the time was that i was actually trying to salvage some rp out of the situation. I'm all for roleplay, even if a bit of metagame was involved on the opposite end, and the only way I saw myself getting rp out of the situation was that if scott stepped in because i know he's a capable roleplayer who, even in the worst of circumstances for myself would provide an enjoyable experience, even if it ended with my characters death somehow.

but instead, I was tossed in with two people who just wanted the scripts on me and refused to wait for the thing I believed would redeem the situation. when I was denied that, I said I'd had enough and refused to go any further. I made the mistake on HL2RP of going too in depth with metagamed roleplay and it ended up costing me my characters' life for little reason and nearly zero impactful roleplay. I found that trying to get it reversed was a hell of alot harder than it would have been to simply say 'stop, and look at this.'

so this time, that's what I did. I know how it may have looked rokh, but really i was so frustrated and angry by the time you got there I wasn't even forming words.

You were only going to be TK'd for 72 hours, and would lose your suit and rifle (because we wouldn't let you go off with arms, because it makes sense)

After reading over all of the logs you posted again, I agree that there could've been a semblance of metagaming amongst the ranks, and there was a lot of confusion as well among all of us about who actually said that you were a suspect, but we all had knowledge that you were.

But I still don't think that excuses your behavior both ingame OOC and in TS, and it definitely doesn't excuse you getting your friends to join the Freedom teamspeak and start calling people names.

Bobocrunch said:
You were only going to be TK'd for 72 hours, and would lose your suit and rifle
Would you accept a TK for 72 hours and lose your weekend's enjoyment over roleplay you thought was unfair?

I wouldn't complain both ingame and in teamspeak when admins are listening and watching the situation.

To be quite honest this doesn't look good.

You say you're all for roleplay but you're quick to cease doing it and start blaming others for scriptplaying and metagaming the second things go south. You were given roleplay that was not that bad, no matter how hard you cringe at it, because there's nothing to cringe about. What did you find cringeworthy in someone threatening your character besides it being not profitable to you, I don't know.

I also don't know what you expected Sparrow to do once they come. Under Sparrow there's an effective chain of command that ensures things go smoothly when Sparrow isn't around, I guess Freedom Lieutenants were involved into this somehow and saw the full picture instead of whatever you told Sparrow, so I guess you hoped that Sparrow would save you since they didn't know the full situation, although even they abandoned you when you refused to roleplay.

Overall, your act has shown that the last thing you're interested in is roleplay and put your character's well being and script wealth above everything else, including server rules. Otherwise, why would you literally explode over IC consequences to you being spy/anti-freedom agent?

Garry said:
To be quite honest this doesn't look good.

You say you're all for roleplay but you're quick to cease doing it and start blaming others for scriptplaying and metagaming the second things go south. You were given roleplay that was not that bad, no matter how hard you cringe at it, because there's nothing to cringe about. What did you find cringeworthy in someone threatening your character besides it being not profitable to you, I don't know.

I also don't know what you expected Sparrow to do once they come. Under Sparrow there's an effective chain of command that ensures things go smoothly when Sparrow isn't around, I guess Freedom Lieutenants were involved into this somehow and saw the full picture instead of whatever you told Sparrow, so I guess you hoped that Sparrow would save you since they didn't know the full situation, although even they abandoned you when you refused to roleplay.

Overall, your act has shown that the last thing you're interested in is roleplay and put your character's well being and script wealth above everything else, including server rules. Otherwise, why would you literally explode over IC consequences to you being spy/anti-freedom agent?
Did you read the OP?
It's not about the quality of the roleplay. It's about how the roleplay shouldn't have occurred due to information being metagamed.

KestrelBirdMan said:
Did you read the OP?
It's not about the quality of the roleplay. It's about how the roleplay shouldn't have occurred due to information being metagamed.
I read the op and only saw speculations that it was metagamed. Character's role as a spy could've been discovered in many ways that are conveniently disregarded because "These guys died in S2K that might not even been connected to what happened". And McRae might've not recieved straight answers because the source of this information didn't want to be discovered by someone this mad about not being victorious in his escapades.

Tuna: [LOCAL-OOC] it wasnt me who first reported you
Tuna: [LOCAL-OOC] so dont get pissy at me
Tuna: [LOCAL-OOC] and be like that

MemeTeamSupreme said:
Wasn't there an argument a few months ago regarding someone not being around/Not having enough presence on server to have a realistic response when Toast got into the Nexus? Why make an exception now meanwhile the other situation was given a second chance? Food for thought is all.

Took a minute to find but here's that thread: http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/26325-thurinus/
There was a realistic presence in that situation.

Garry said:
I read the op and only saw speculations that it was metagamed. Character's role as a spy could've been discovered in many ways that are conveniently disregarded because "These guys died in S2K that might not even been connected to what happened". And McRae might've not recieved straight answers because the source of this information didn't want to be discovered by someone this mad about not being victorious in his escapades.
there are literal first-hand accounts inside the OP that it was metagamed, including a confession and an apology. i don't know why you think this is speculation still.

also i think you missed this; https://soundcloud.com/mccraetrp/oh-yeh

also i don't know why you're speaking about my character being a duty spy as if it's something that is definite. never once have I said my character is a spy; for the record he is quite the opposite. even if british was allowed to metagame what he did, the metagamed information he/lonesome carried does not prove anything more than he was at duty's base and helped out on a patrol.

I said it might've been Junior (Lonesome)

I don't know if SamuraiJack was correct in confirming it because I'm not really sure on his direct affiliation with what happened.

Also, I'm not sure on your accusation of metagaming as being something you were concerned with from the start, as the first thing you were doing was saying (repeatedly) that you wanted to talk to Sparrow IC, even though Scott wasn't playing, and insisted on it which led to you refusing to RP.

McCrae said:
there are literal first-hand accounts inside the OP that it was metagamed, including a confession and an apology. i don't know why you think this is speculation still.

also i think you missed this; https://soundcloud.com/mccraetrp/oh-yeh
I'm telling you, you don't know everything due to Freedom's own spygames and there's concern that you will actually metagame this. The fact that you threw a mad temper tantrum when things didn't go your way and proceeded to break rules based off biased assumptions shows that since the roleplay itself isn't as important as character's well being and equipment, metagame would be the least of your concerns.

Garry said:
I'm telling you, you don't know everything due to Freedom's own spygames and there's concern that you will actually metagame this. The fact that you threw a mad temper tantrum when things didn't go your way and proceeded to break rules based off biased assumptions shows that since the roleplay itself isn't as important as character's well being and equipment, metagame would be the least of your concerns.
You're starting to sound like GHOST. It's hysterical.

"Ah, yeah. We have the information, but we can't tell you. You MIGHT metagame it."

Garry said:
god damn that's rich.

i don't care what you think freedom has for spygames, and I honestly don't care what they have. my character has done nothing to warrant such treatment, and I state that as a fact, not a matter of opinion especially with his current standing with Sparrow. the information metagamed at best could have /hinted/ at his involvement with duty, but that itself a stretch if the person investigating wasn't metagaming.

KestrelBirdMan said:
You're starting to sound like GHOST. It's hysterical.

"Ah, yeah. We have the information, but we can't tell you. You MIGHT metagame it."
He's already banned for one serious anti-roleplay offense that got triggered when someone tried to strip him of his valuables with reasonable IC justification.

Do you seriously expect anyone to start giving him names of any clandestine entity that was involved and hope that he'll actually treat this information off limits IC, especially after he tried to tell freedomers OOC what they should do IC?

Garry said:
He's already banned for one serious anti-roleplay offense that got triggered when someone tried to strip him of his valuables with reasonable IC justification.

Do you seriously expect anyone to start giving him names of any clandestine entity that was involved and hope that he'll actually treat this information off limits IC, especially after he tried to tell freedomers OOC what they should do IC?
you mean unreasonable ooc scriptplaying under the guise of reasonable ic justification. to note, i had no problem handing said script items over to rokhazula but i refused to drop them for the people who separately all role-played taking the items in hopes of collecting them for themselves.

and garry, you're seeing shit. there was no clandestine entity like you seem to think. There were two people, British and Lonesome. Nobody told them shit, they acted on their own behalf. Lonesome realized his mistake, and apologized.

you never seem to amaze me how you will try to fight for the opposing side regardless of the evidence presented. you've got the strategy down pat though; just ignore the key points and direct the argument elsewhere. you should be a defense attorney.

Nothing of this had to do with scripts, dude

At the end of the day, it was just us being fed up with you trying to avoid the RP because we were going to ship you off for being an alleged spy and were going to disarm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread