TnB Halo RP - The Insurrection

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
they apparently have iron sights in case of a HUD malfunction, I guess it's just not visible due to SPARTAN v.5.1.50 HUD

rosecoloredryan

Halo Admin
Oct 5, 2016
Hi, Halo lore nerd here.

In the games, all UNSC military personnel receive a chip in the back of their head, called a neural lace, or a neural interface.

This is Fleet Admiral Lord Terrence Hood's, which is rather large due to him holding such a high rank. The ones regular marines get aren't as big. By 2552, when the server is set, these things are easy to install and every soldier has one. Their most common usage is to work in correspondence with the Identification, friend or foe system, or more commonly known as IFF. This is the tech that allows UNSC soldiers to be identified through city cameras or military drones, like we see in Halo 3 ODST.

This neural interlace also serves to augment vehicles, too. In 2020, we need multiple crew members to effectively man a tank, but in 2552, 1 person can effectively crew a Scorpion due to the entire thing being linked with their neural interface. This also applies to pilots and even SPARTAN suits, as well.

This is an MA37 assault rifle. It's different from its other counterparts for a myriad of reasons, but for the conversation at hand here, the ammo counter is treated more as an attachment rather than a built-in, integral part of the gun. Without the ammo counter, there are flip-up sights that could be mounted in that area, with the front sight being located in that little groove as you go down towards the barrel.

Marines can aim with their weapons because the neural interface they have links with their helmets, which in turn, link with the rifles. They are given a crosshair (at least in lore.)

I hope this answered any questions you may or may not have!

Belowthebelt

TRP Admin
Aug 19, 2011
Your telling me we're still using 7.62 five hundred years later? God damn. I always thought it was some super high tech ballistics. Next you'll tell me people are still using bow and-- wait...

rosecoloredryan

Halo Admin
Oct 5, 2016
Your telling me we're still using 7.62 five hundred years later? God damn. I always thought it was some super high tech ballistics.
The MA37 fires 7.62 x 51mm NATO.

Not the intermediate cartridge 7.62 x 39mm.

By modern standards, the MA37 is a battle rifle: in fully automatic, it fires 7.62x51mm, or .308 Winchester, at 550 rounds per minute. Because of developments in gun technology in the Halo universe, this is completely normal: the need for intermediate cartridges have been completely eliminated because ballistics and recoil control has gotten good enough to the point that people can just reliably fire 32 rounds of 7.62x51mm NATO automatically at 550 RPM with little to no discomfort.

More examples of the gun development in Halo's universe is the magnum. It fires a 12.7x40mm (50 caliber) round that FUCKING EXPLODES. This is considered normal. It's not outlandish. It's not some wacky gun with little practical application. There's a massive pistol that fires .50 caliber that explodes, and has armor-piercing capabilities.

This is also the same for 9.5x40mm, which is what the Battle Rifle shoots. This caliber is fucking fake as hell in our world, but it's pretty common. The standard-issue sniper rifle for the UNSC is a straight-up anti-material rifle. 14.5x114mm is fashioned in ammunition types that tanks have in 2020, like high-velocity armor-piercing, or APFSDS.

TL;DR? Weapons development in halo is represented through the recoil reduction, not the types of bullets.

I hope this helped!

Belowthebelt

TRP Admin
Aug 19, 2011
The MA37 fires 7.62 x 51mm NATO.

Not the intermediate cartridge 7.62 x 39mm.

By modern standards, the MA37 is a battle rifle: in fully automatic, it fires 7.62x51mm, or .308 Winchester, at 550 rounds per minute. Because of developments in gun technology in the Halo universe, this is completely normal: the need for intermediate cartridges have been completely eliminated because ballistics and recoil control has gotten good enough to the point that people can just reliably fire 32 rounds of 7.62x51mm NATO automatically at 550 RPM with little to no discomfort.

More examples of the gun development in Halo's universe is the magnum. It fires a 12.7x40mm (50 caliber) round that FUCKING EXPLODES. This is considered normal. It's not outlandish. It's not some wacky gun with little practical application. There's a massive pistol that fires .50 caliber that explodes, and has armor-piercing capabilities.

This is also the same for 9.5x40mm, which is what the Battle Rifle shoots. This caliber is fucking fake as hell in our world, but it's pretty common. The standard-issue sniper rifle for the UNSC is a straight-up anti-material rifle. 14.5x114mm is fashioned in ammunition types that tanks have in 2020, like high-velocity armor-piercing, or APFSDS.

TL;DR? Weapons development in halo is represented through the recoil reduction, not the types of bullets.

I hope this helped!
It honestly did; thank you. Just seemed weird that we still have the same calibre but if they've made it so granny can shoot them no problem that's awesome. Gonna remember that part going into it.

wewlad

Mar 29, 2020
Hi, Halo lore nerd here.

In the games, all UNSC military personnel receive a chip in the back of their head, called a neural lace, or a neural interface.

This is Fleet Admiral Lord Terrence Hood's, which is rather large due to him holding such a high rank. The ones regular marines get aren't as big. By 2552, when the server is set, these things are easy to install and every soldier has one. Their most common usage is to work in correspondence with the Identification, friend or foe system, or more commonly known as IFF. This is the tech that allows UNSC soldiers to be identified through city cameras or military drones, like we see in Halo 3 ODST.

This neural interlace also serves to augment vehicles, too. In 2020, we need multiple crew members to effectively man a tank, but in 2552, 1 person can effectively crew a Scorpion due to the entire thing being linked with their neural interface. This also applies to pilots and even SPARTAN suits, as well.

This is an MA37 assault rifle. It's different from its other counterparts for a myriad of reasons, but for the conversation at hand here, the ammo counter is treated more as an attachment rather than a built-in, integral part of the gun. Without the ammo counter, there are flip-up sights that could be mounted in that area, with the front sight being located in that little groove as you go down towards the barrel.

Marines can aim with their weapons because the neural interface they have links with their helmets, which in turn, link with the rifles. They are given a crosshair (at least in lore.)

I'm almost positive Sergeant Johnson doesn't have a bill gates computer chip in his skull. At least not in Halo 2's cutscenes.

Foxicus

Mar 6, 2018
This is also the same for 9.5x40mm, which is what the Battle Rifle shoots.
the BR and DMR also have APFS rounds, but not sabot like the aforementioned 14.5x114 sniper rifles.
i believe the longest sniper kill recorded in 2020 currently is about 3.5km with a TAC-50. honestly wouldn't be surprised if those rounds could punch out that far with the level of neurally integrated optics/targeting computers available by 2552. not that it'll matter in GMod with our maps being pretty limited, but just a cool factoid ig.

halo lore gets pretty stupid, though, when it comes to certain weapons. for example...the SAP-HP round for the M6 sidearms...

Just seemed weird that we still have the same calibre but if they've made it so granny can shoot them no problem that's awesome.
there is also the .390 round fired out of the MA2B carbine that is a good bit larger. additionally, they've come up with a multitude of advanced projectile types - such as Shredder rounds. the lore itself is paradoxical around them, but some articles say they're shit at AP capabilities, others say that they're incredible with depleted uranium cores in each of the hollow-point style fragments.

Belowthebelt

TRP Admin
Aug 19, 2011
the BR and DMR also have APFS rounds, but not sabot like the aforementioned 14.5x114 sniper rifles.
i believe the longest sniper kill recorded in 2020 currently is about 3.5km with a TAC-50. honestly wouldn't be surprised if those rounds could punch out that far with the level of neurally integrated optics/targeting computers available by 2552. not that it'll matter in GMod with our maps being pretty limited, but just a cool factoid ig.

halo lore gets pretty stupid, though, when it comes to certain weapons. for example...the SAP-HP round for the M6 sidearms...

there is also the .390 round fired out of the MA2B carbine that is a good bit larger. additionally, they've come up with a multitude of advanced projectile types - such as Shredder rounds. the lore itself is paradoxical around them, but some articles say they're shit at AP capabilities, others say that they're incredible with depleted uranium cores in each of the hollow-point style fragments.
I always thought it was akin to mass effect. Their weapons work like gauss rifles where they take a tiny piece of metal from inside and then super charge them. Makes it so they can run for months if not years without reloading.

wewlad

Mar 29, 2020
I always thought it was akin to mass effect. Their weapons work like gauss rifles where they take a tiny piece of metal from inside and then super charge them. Makes it so they can run for months if not years without reloading.
Haha thermal clip go ping mass_effect_thermal_clip.jpg

TheGr8Spade

Dec 31, 2018
Guess .308 works enough to the point where they don’t need some fancy next gen weapons with PRASMA BOLTS. What’s the rating of Marine armor? Before we start....tanking plasma....

Polioman

Zealot
Mar 14, 2018
Hi, Halo lore nerd here.

My biggest question I have here is will we have 60 bullets or that pissy 32 bullets for the MA5 series?

Waptnt

Legend
Dec 3, 2011
I'm pretty sure the reason Lord Hood has one is cause he's the supreme commander. I don't think you'll be find Pte Smith with a usb drive in the back of his head, thats a lot of time and money.

Snaparoni

Legend
Dec 15, 2014
"The most basic interface, known as a "neural chip", is implanted in all UNSC military personnel upon activation, but it can be replaced with a more specialized neural lace should the need arise. "

that's what this site says. p certain everyone gets something basic and as shit develops so can their new brain toy

e; also: "Expensive and requiring complicated surgery when first introduced, neural interfaces and their mediating computing systems could be fitted in a simple outpatient clinical procedure by 2557."

rosecoloredryan

Halo Admin
Oct 5, 2016
More question time! I live for this stuff.

I'm almost positive Sergeant Johnson doesn't have a bill gates computer chip in his skull. At least not in Halo 2's cutscenes.
I'm pretty sure the reason Lord Hood has one is cause he's the supreme commander. I don't think you'll be find Pte Smith with a usb drive in the back of his head, thats a lot of time and money.
The chips of marines are underneath their skin. Lord Hood's is only visible due to its increased size as befitting his command role. In the 2500s, every person who serves in the UNSCDF gets one for certain.

My biggest question I have here is will we have 60 bullets or that pissy 32 bullets for the MA5 series?
The only assault rifle in the games that carries more than 32 bullets is the MA5B, and that weighs like thirty-one pounds loaded. We have the MA37 on server, which means the magazine size will be thirty-two.

Guess .308 works enough to the point where they don’t need some fancy next gen weapons with PRASMA BOLTS. What’s the rating of Marine armor? Before we start....tanking plasma....
Marine armor is resilient against traditional ballistic weapons, but it has never been meant to withstand plasma. Nothing really does. If you get shot by a bolt, your armor melts, and if you get shot past that? You melt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

• Fonzie49
  • Robe