rp_pripyat_hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this about 6 months ago originally as a canals server idea, but then realised I could make something more of it.

Picked up on it a few days ago and did a load of work to restructure this original StalkerRP map into something thats actually useful for us.

So, the plan is........

• To combine server 1/2/3 dynamics by having all aspects in one map. To maximise the amount of players on a single server rather than spreading across 3 or 4.
  • The center of the map is what we consider "City roleplay".
  • A perimeter wall runs around the district 360 degrees.
  • On the other side of the perimeter wall, is considered canals / outlands territory.
  • The entire map is one huge dilapidated urban zone but surrounded by mixed scrubland, warehouses, farmhouses, old buildings etc.
  • Those who want to do Citizen roleplay can do so.
  • Those who want to do resistance roleplay can leave the city realistically by actually escaping through one of many methods.
  • By using transition points, anyone who has been to server 2 will then respawn back into the map already in the outland areas so they dont have to keep spawning inside the perimeter wall.
  • Also has canals, sewers, underground labs, bunkers.
  • Outland area is extensive with at least 5 key safehouses at each corner of the map rather than most where the rebels always hide in one spot. CCA / COTA patrols outside of the perimeter walls will have a long task to check all of the spots routinely.
  • Totally open plan layout.

I'll be hopefully running a stress test tomorrow night after I do a final compile and get it all uploaded to workshop.

In terms of optimisation, I have a decent PC so its hard to say how well it will fare on low end machines but thus far I havnt had any problems.
My only worry that it uses max brushes / entities / etc so it could become unstable at high populations but we'll see.

I may try and fit in a few more useful buildings before finishing just to make it better for loyalist groups etc.

2015-08-27_00005.jpg

2015-08-27_00001.jpg

2015-08-27_00006.jpg

2015-08-27_00004.jpg

2015-08-27_00003.jpg

2015-08-27_00002.jpg

pripyatplan.jpg

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507561128

Davebrown said:
Dont worry I know that film like the back of my hand :P

If you remember when I was talking about T6 to you the other day, thats when I actually got the inspiration to dig this project up and finish it.

Actually if you could do me a massive favour and just zip up the police barricades / barbed wire props and send them over to me id love to put them in. Dont have time to find them myself no idea where you got them from originally probably L4D i assume which I dont have
please make sure the models don't spam with errors like t6

this looks like it's gonna create a serious 1984 vibe and that's going to be perfect. consider me hyped

kiruclanz said:
I recall Dave saying over OOC he was keeping it a secret until it was nearly done.
the joke went /WAY/ over your head kiruclanz

The trailer park is like literally one trailer lol, although thinking about it I could probably make a few extras at little cost

Davebrown said:
The trailer park is like literally one trailer lol, although thinking about it I could probably make a few extras at little cost
If it isn't much a trouble. I know that some on a recent make used a trailer park for their group and could make some cool territorial RP.

Tazmily said:
REMOVE i17 CITY 8 UPRISING

COMBINE JUST TAKE CITY 8

AND DROP IT SOMEWHERE ELSE
I actually wouldn't have a problem with that.

City 8 sounded a lot more interesting (even if everyone wasn't as experienced in roleplay as they are today) than the shitty boring City 17. At least City 8 let's us be more flexible and lets TnB have more creative concepts. With City 17 you can't really do a lot without pissing people off for breaking the canon (which they do anyway or else TnB would be a boring mess. But if we were in another city IC we could make up almost anything we wanted in terms of city culture under the regime)

Won't happen, duh, but I'm just being positive and thinking up what-if's.

Davebrown said:
just use propper on a large section of the map and you'll free up like a ton of brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread