pirate

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular psychologist. I can teeter that a little and call you a fuckwad but whats that gonna do for either of us? I was deliberately being obstinate, I didn't see you as an authority. I was trying to understand what the fuck was going on in LOOC, I didn't know how to approach the situation. I didn't know if he was bleeding this way or that way, when I said so and so wouldn't be gurgling from a shoulder wound its because I was trying to understand how to approach a situation that I wasn't approaching according to how everyone else wanted me to do it. Now I could've left it there, but I didn't. Then you DM'd me, and after you DM'd me I didn't figure it was about roleplay anymore so I came back to involve an admin. The entire time I literally thought you were an "inexperienced roleplayer" because you said "He did it" after I'd just joined the server.

It wasn't my intention to derail the RP. I wanted to understand what had been going on, and I approached it badly. When you irritated me, I lashed out. I can't say that your reactions are any better.

So all this time you've been trying to paint it as "malicious pirate victimizes new guy" and now you're admitting that you were only antagonistic to me because you thought you'd get away with it after assuming I was new?

???

:thinking:

I never painted you as antagonistic to the new guy. I'm not new. I'm painting you as an entitled douchebag. Most of us here aren't sweet and kind obviously and I wasn't sweet and kind because I was pissed you involved me at all and painted me IC as some bad guy. I was not looking forward to being fucked into a session in the Nexus as soon as I join the server while I've got some Combine shit in the works. I was a member of this community when it started and the only map we ran was Precint 13. We weren't blowing bubbles to new people then either. I try to do it, but you seemed comfortable enough in the server to not be a new person, but rather one who was young and irritating. So I said I didn't care if your name was the cure to cancer, etc.

Doesn't reflect my overall ability to roleplay. Just means I handle things shitty sometimes. I mean hell, I'm not painting you as Satan. I'm not a saint either. I think you should just look at it from a different angle.

What exactly is your point, then? You provoked a response, you got one. What are you mad about?

You got involved in some roleplay. Sorry you didn't like it. You were given an out when you let everyone know you didn't like it, but you decided to exploit that to try to get me in trouble.

Stop with this going down with the ship bullshit, it's embarrassing. "I want that guy banned so much I'll take a ban too!" You were being an asshole, someone else was an asshole back (except not really). That's as far as it needs to go. I was advised by several admins to post a ban request on you at the time that this was going on but I didn't bother.

I didn't try to exploit it to get you in trouble pirate. You are not that important to me. Why am I? Fuck bro, I didn't know who the fuck you were until then. I put off this ban request because I was lazy. Did you think I thought to myself "This guy really harbors roleplay in his soul and wants me to participate" when you out of no where involved me as an anti citizen after I'd been on the server less than five minutes? That when you DM'd me several times that I was thinking to myself "ah yes, this is fine. he's pirate, he does this. You know what? I'm gonna try to get him banned." I was gonna do it before but the CED block reminded me. I mean fuck bro I'm not even mad, I'm irritated, but mad? Whats there to be mad about?

I'm irritated because you break rules that used to be taken very seriously and its just "you had it coming. you dont disrupt our RP because you don't like such and such and such and such. so we handled it." go out for admin if you want to handle shit. They let you make it on a great deal that you do administrating with your SWEPs. Rules are rules, I wasn't even always such a rule queen when I was coming here but I came to appreciate them because the server would be shitty without them and I don't think that anyones above them. And OOC =/= IC is just as integral to the community. Keep the position in the CED, I can develop something on my own or go to outlands or whatever.

But the administration I feel, needs to decide whether to elevate you officially to someone who is allowed to gun people down whenever they're not contributing to RP or treat you as anyone else would be treated. And ban you for a few days.

And everybody else who does it for that matter.

This is such a stupid argument. So you should have free license to shit on RP all you want and other players are in the wrong for putting a stop to it and should be banned as long as you aren't technically breaking rules?

Once again -- welcome back, Cup.

It depends on perception and yours isn't the only perception that exists. I do not perceive that I was shitting on RP, in order to participate I needed to know what the fuck was going on because I hadn't but just joined the server. The spam of LOOC was "I don't know what the fuck is going on. The gurgling it doesn't make sense, can someone fill me in cus this doesn't make sense."

And yes if other players don't !a or exercise steamfriends and I'm sure you've got plenty of admins on speed dial, they should be banned. Including me and anyone else who does it. Its not for you to take into your own hands.

And towards "as long as you're not technically breaking the rules", I've offered myself up for a reasonable ban just as a condition of fairness to match your reasonable ban.

other players are in the wrong for putting a stop to it

Yes. Its not their place. There are solutions that transcend what they can do for the situation, which mind you is to DM the person in question which causes shit (and not exclusively) like this. I'll post anyone else I see doing it in this same board with the same reasons.

Welcome back to the community, man. I think maybe you should have stuck around and got a feel for the server again before you started demanding retribution. It would have been easier if you had just added what's his name on steam and talked it out there. Hope you can get back into the swing of things.

I actually attempted to add him at djunkie's suggestion and he did not accept the friend request on steamfriends. So I figured he wasn't interested in talking about it.

It's 2 AM. I have work in the morning. This dumb shit isn't keeping me up any longer.

So let me sum this up;

1. Roven wanders into RP situation and gets taken into it IC.
  2. Proceeds to take everything into LOOC and nitpick everything and get hostile, which pisses everyone off.
  3. Everyone gets pissed and want him out for not contributing/doing anything at all.
  4. Three people shoot him and Pirate gets credited gets the kill.
  5. Roven returns.
  6. Other people RDM him three/four more times when he keeps up in LOOC.
Why are there no ban requests on anyone else who RDM'd you? Pirate (along with two others) shot you once. Others RDM'd you (not Pirate) when you came back and everyone on-scene supported it.

Where are their ban requests?

If it was really a thing about "I was RDM'd this is bad" - wouldn't you include the other players in there who did it? You have said repeatedly; you want the RDM punished (even though several staff pushed for Pirate to ban request you instead).

So why single Pirate out? The only thing Pirate did differently was not let you into his faction (which both CWU leads agree with).

This honestly strikes me as only having turned into a ban request over the CA ban, not the actual situation.

Last edited:
lol
locked until a decision is made.

i can see the reason of flatpancake's thoughts on rdm and even agree to some degree
but that degree ends when it's some guy nitpicking at rp he was involved in that happened to not be in his char's favor.

you got shot with a swep after being an idiot. get over it. you respawned and didnt lose anything.

One of the reasons we're so "reluctant" to deal with RDM is because it's one of the most chickenshit offenses, and usually telling people to break it up puts a stop to it. When there's anything else going on that a player needs. 3 pages for an RDM. Fuck this dumb shit.

yeah it breaks the flow of rp, but you weren't roleplaying, you were ranting in l-ooc outside the spawn so get the fuck over it. you literally lost nothing other than the ~15 seconds it would have taken to walk out of the spawn. Actually, you'd have gained from it, since you got out of an RP situation you apparently didn't want to participate in to begin with. On a full server this is a waste of time and you took little to no effort to sort it out yourselves and instead took to the forums over a chickenshit RDM.

Pirate, start using /a first, at least as a formality, if for no other reason I'm tired of hearing what essentially boils down to "he hit me, why shouldn't I get to hit him back ;-; ".

goddamn, grow up

the admin team has come to a conclusion

both players, for their inexcusable crimes against the community, mother nature and mankind, will be banned for 30 seconds, starting now. this sentence may appear harsh but ultimately it was decided to be fair given the circumstances.

the admin team has come to a conclusion

both players, for their inexcusable crimes against the community, mother nature and mankind, will be banned for 30 seconds, starting now. this sentence may appear harsh but ultimately it was decided to be fair given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread