Ban Request : Rowtree

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pirate said:
and tapped into CCA comms,
yeah that's impossible. We can't see CCA radio at all. The only way to see CCA radio is either as a unit or as a CA, there is no way to see it outside of that.

Gangleider, on 10 Nov 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:
i'm going to leave it up to majority vote by the admin team -- i feel like (almost) everyone currently on board is able to form a rational decision based on more than personal opinion
i would like to stress however that this is not the first time rowtree is up for suspension. i personally don't support a removal, but on the other hand i see little to no (long term) improvement even after two suspensions so i don't know what to make of it at this point.
i like you, but i've personally witnessed some questionable things similar to what you're accused of now -- and your previous suspensions were on similar grounds.
even if you don't do it on purpose, something has to change for more than two weeks and i hope you can at least recognize that.
expect a decision within one or two days entirely depending on if i can stop paying fallout long enough after i get home from work
i'll leave the thread open for further discussion in the meantime
first time i was suspended was because I was shooting at tom basley's feet through a window on a sniper character and everyone and their mothers then decided 'i gotta be the hero!' and attack the sniper in the treeline, despite making it very clear i was shooting to miss. (infact the only person I killed at the start of that was darkcave lol)

i'm also not the only admin to be in observe shooting rebels, but at least i have the decency to not try to PK them after~

second time was ????

legitimately, all that happened was someone posted a video on the forums of me s2king with them, putting on me vest after seeing some cops and then retreating. I will go find that video if you want.

My previous 'suspensions' were on dubious claims, just like this one, and I'll fight to the death to defend myself from accusations being flown about like its the nuremberg trials 2

I wanna clarify that I wasn't accusing you, just that accusations were made.

No worries man, I was just clearing that up for anyone who thought that was the case.

We can't see if you're planning anything over the radio.

12:09 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: loads of personal narratives fell apart when lawrence left
12:09 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: but even the overarching story now
12:09 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: that was driven by rowtree
12:10 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: whats left other than some faction dynamics and some high school drama
Any metagaming or abuse of position has to be dealt with accordingly, but this needs to be addressed as well. Resistance RP is slowly but surely improving, and if we erase these story arcs we stand to lose what we've gained in that respect.

Also:

12:12 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: also if you quote me you can include this:
12:13 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: miharu told me he had some ideas for resistance plots
12:13 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: and i believe hes genuine on that but my concern is
12:13 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: its undeniable that hes cca oriented
12:13 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: i dont think hes going to launch a dedicated cuck campaign, but im afraid itll be an echo chamber
12:14 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: where things just get frustrating and unfair for resistance roleplayers because theres nobody to say hey wait a minute
12:15 PM - slutty cornucopia costume: ^ that
these do not necessarily represent my opinions, but he makes a point that I agree with. Let's not sugar coat it: some admins are more invested in the interests of the CCA, and other admins are more invested in the interests of the resistance. That's not necessarily a bad thing! I'm not talking about bias, necessarily; what I mean to say is that a resistance-oriented admin, say for example AlbinoGlowStick, while he may contribute to and participate in CCA story progression, is not equipped to commandeer CCA story progression, because he deals primarily with the resistance.

In a community as polarized as ours, the CCA and resistance having admins to represent their interests stands to make the community more cooperative and cohesive, as long as that power is not abused.

That said, anyone abusing their power should be reprimanded or removed depending on severity, but to do so, in the case of removing rowtree, stands to upset that balance. It might be the correct course of action, but if it is, the administration as a whole needs to be prepared to understand the disadvantaged position that puts the resistance in and cooperate with us in trying to move forward with the story.

This would be a good time to re-add event/observe flags. If you absolutely must remove Rowtree, he must be allowed to continue his events with the tools he needs to do them.

blooregardo said:
With everything The End has proposed, I'm not overly worried about losing an "overarching storyline" when he dropped the CIC plot and left that hanging for all parties involved, when there hasn't been any actual progression. I've taken part in two of these events and some of the guys in RW/OUR have as well. It's usually poorly coordinated s2rp and since Rowtree has stopped actually conferring with anyone in the CCA about these strategic objectives or parts of the storyline we can't really react or even provide any kind of input here.

This man doesn't tell collaborative story and I hate that anyone buys into this CCA/Resistance stuff. If you catch people who are so limited in view here you should bounce them. Make a thread like this one because that kind of attitude has no place at a roleplaying community where everyone is supposed to be able to trust eachother.

I used to trust Rowtree until this behavior continued, I can't and his position as an admin apparantly makes him nigh untouchable. He as a Player, can keep those storylines going and he can follow the process the rest of us have to when we want to host events. Him losing his admin doesn't mean he can't tell stories. It means he has to tell stories like the rest of us and no longer has powers that will "corrupt" or "enable" him to abuse players.

normative statements and agreeable sentiments are nice, but it doesn't change the demonstrable fact that there's a schism in the community and talking about the way things ought to be do little to get to the place we ought to be in.

First step in healing that schism is convincing these factions that do exist in an ooc sense that they're not being fucked and they can share some common ground.

I'm not entirely surprised that the SeC is not terribly concerned about the Resistance's roleplay, but either way it's an issue we're going to have to find a way to deal with.

pirate said:
I'm not entirely surprised that the SeC is not terribly concerned about the Resistance's roleplay, but either way it's an issue we're going to have to find a way to deal with.
This is garbage and you know it. I usually don't dignify posts like this with a response, but I play on both sides of the fence. If you "cba" to bring evidence of that kind of thing within the existing command. I can't do anything about it. So either keep taking your ball and go home? Or you can PM me or Bennet evidence of CCA Command wrong doing in this regard.

I've been avoiding tackling you directly on this but I'm a bit annoyed watching you accuse people of metagaming after getting on at 2:30 AM to use Crow to save Legit Muffin's character (who you supposedly did not know was his off-duty SUNDOWN unit [doubt]) from an execution for trying to murder someone in the camp, even going so far as to threaten death to Finley and Press, over this random girl who was confirmed to have attempted to murder someone and who Crow had never seen before.

You even told me he asked you to get on and save him. I'm not sure how precisely you expect to act like you don't do the same shit - to, perhaps, even a worse degree, howevr more subtle you may be about it.

You also assured me his week TK was to be taken IC and would lead to him being ECHO'd for going AWOL so that I'd drop the issue. That didn't happen.

pirate said:
I've been avoiding tackling you directly on this but I'm a bit annoyed watching you accuse people of metagaming after getting on at 2:30 AM to use Crow to save Legit Muffin's character (who you supposedly did not know was his off-duty SUNDOWN unit) from an execution for trying to murder someone in the camp, even going so far as to threaten death to Finley and Press, over this random girl who was confirmed to have attempted to murder someone and who Crow had never seen before.

You even told me he asked you to get on and save him. I'm not sure how precisely you expect to act like you don't do the same shit - to, perhaps, even a worse degree, howevr more subtle you may be about it.
You can tackle me on this, and ask Muffin. He implied to me that his OUR character was being gacked over some bullshit. He lied to me about that and I've made it clear that he's on his own from now on. I had no idea it was his SUNDOWN unit and no idea that SID had gone out there with him earlier. Not that you'll want to hear from a bunch of my "sycophants" that I reamed him in TS for lying to me about it and in the process fucking me.

Also, it wasn't 2:30 for me but that's really not the point. I got on because Crow was in the camp, with the people because we'd been RPing with you folks earlier. Muffin dropped me a message saying he was about to get merc'd by you over some bullshit. I jumped in because I know your history with my friends is less than splendid.

I think you mistook what Spartan was saying, and just cause he's the SeC has nothing to do with it. I think the point he was trying to get across is that Rowtrees stories weren't as planned or thought out, and didn't have much development besides aim and shoot. (I actually like Rowtrees stories, as my EOW and one of my event characters play big parts in them)

Also I think the point is it doesn't matter if you make great stories for which faction, it shouldn't shield you from punishment of abusing the tools given to assist in delivering the story.

Spartan5150 said:
You can tackle me on this, and ask Muffin. He implied to me that his OUR character was being gacked over some bullshit. He lied to me about that and I've made it clear that he's on his own from now on. I had no idea it was his SUNDOWN unit and no idea that SID had gone out there with him earlier. Not that you'll want to hear from a bunch of my "sycophants" that I reamed him in TS for lying to me about it and in the process fucking me.
Let's assume that it was his OUR character. You still jumped on at an odd hour and made a beeline to where he told you he was. Plus, you should have known instantly upon entering the scenario that it wasn't, yet Crow still threatened to kill Finley and Press in order to pry Muffin's character away from them. I don't buy for a minute that you weren't actively protecting your buddy.

KestrelBirdMan said:
I think the point he was trying to get across is that Rowtrees stories weren't as planned or thought out, and didn't have much development besides aim and shoot. (I actually like Rowtrees stories, as my EOW and one of my event characters play big parts in them)
anyone whos actually taken part in my events would know that that's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever seen

and i've worked in a farm

pirate said:
Let's assume that it was his OUR character. You still jumped on at an odd hour and made a beeline to where he told you he was. Plus, you should have known instantly upon entering the scenario that it wasn't, yet Crow still threatened to kill Finley and Press in order to pry Muffin's character away from them. I don't buy for a minute that you weren't actively protecting your buddy.
Believe what you want. I'll write it on my white board of Pirate conspiracy theories.

Spartan5150 said:
Believe what you want. I'll write it on my white board of Pirate conspiracy theories.
A bulletproof defense from the man who's installed himself as leader of both sides and uses those positions to protect his friends on both sides while trying to get leaders of groups his oppose done in OOC.

Spartan5150 said:
This is garbage and you know it. I usually don't dignify posts like this with a response, but I play on both sides of the fence. If you "cba" to bring evidence of that kind of thing within the existing command. I can't do anything about it. So either keep taking your ball and go home? Or you can PM me or Bennet evidence of CCA Command wrong doing in this regard.
are you completely incapable of sparring with the peanut gallery over everything you perceive as a personal slight?

by the way, your notion of impartiality hinges upon the narcissistic assumption that Crow is the resistance counterpart of an SeC. Crow commands a squad.

pirate said:
A bulletproof defense from the man who's installed himself as leader of both sides and uses those positions to protect his friends on both sides while trying to get leaders of groups his oppose done in OOC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM
blooregardo said:
are you completely incapable of sparring with the peanut gallery over everything you perceive as a personal slight?

by the way, your notion of unbiased hinges upon the narcissistic assumtion that Crow is the resistance counterpart of an SeC. Crow commands a squad.
Crow doesn't presume to run the show, he's got the OUR folks and then anyone who listens. Squad size is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread