Ban Request : Rowtree

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan5150

Mr. CHUB
Jun 6, 2007
Players Name: Rowtree
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:6133995
Reason for ban: Blatant Metagaming, use of administrative position to shield oneself from consequences of said metagaming.

Proof: So, here is the most recent event that this has occured. I'd been mulling this over and I've posted it here on the forums thinking hard about where I really wanted this to go because in the instance of Rowtree I used to think he was a lesser evil with the line of thinking being. "He's not an awful guy, sure he gets drunk and makes mistakes and does stupid shit and sometimes even cops to the fact that when he's drunk he really shouldn't be on the server."

During the now "infamous" capture of two units (we wanted a CA and had been watching for a minute) After our escape, Rowtree came onto the Canals while we waited for the CCA to rally because that's the proper thing to do. As this was occuring, Rowtree was in TS. Thank to Toast, I know that he was reporting our movements via his seeall and observe.

OLZ.SYNTH-SCOUT.30208: [OOC] how did CCA know thye were in there
Jake 'Crow': [OOC] rip
'Posidonus': [OOC] who knows
Vars 'Hawk': [OOC] ic is ic
Bishop: [OOC] rowtree is metagaming in team speak im listening rofl
CCA.C17-UNION.01.74522: [OOC] ye
OLZ.SYNTH-SCOUT.30208: [OOC] guys seriously?
Bishop: [OOC] "crow's just about to come out now"
Martellus 'Oriole': [OOC] TOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST. LOL
CCA.C17-UNION.01.74522: [OOC] ye
We spoke on steam because I was pretty pissed off and I said some mean things in GOOC.

Jake 'Crow': [OOC] Rowtree, you were in the bar when we were staging for our raid and pulled a gun out reported by two people inside to me. Second folks at your meeting are telling me that somehow you know about the OUR declaring war on the Brotherhood. Third you have the TLM boys doing what we at the fan club call "Camfuscate" when any sizeable number of OUR players or RW players log into a server they seem to magically disconnect or go AFK
Jake 'Crow': [OOC] When I first started ratting crenshaw out on Crow to GHOST, you were follwoing me around in observe. Confirmed by both Kill and MIharu
Jake 'Crow': [OOC] Then you started to actively change your behavior and avoid Crow with no possible way of knowing any of that info.
Jake 'Crow': [OOC] Tl;Dr you are literally the scummiest admin here and my case to have you removed for metagaming while hiding behind a veneer of "I'm an admin/storyteller" has been growing with every shady and scummy thing you do.
I was really pissed off, his actions had basically scrapped a ton of the plot I was working on with a ton of folks involved. Imagine the blowback if at a meeting Crow had set with Crenshaw that the CCA stormed it and took only Crenshaw? The accusations would fly left and right. That would have been some incredible player driven conflict.

My conversation with him on steam in which he cops to using his admin to Metagame.

Monday, October 26, 2015
10:40 PM - Rowtree: You're right.
10:40 PM - Rowtree: I quit then.
10:40 PM - Rowtree: I'm a terrible person who pulls this shit then claims to be better than it.
10:40 PM - Rowtree: But I ask only one thing.
10:40 PM - Rowtree: just 1 simple thing
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: I like your story events.
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: I don't like that you waffle like this
10:41 PM - Rowtree: That's all I want to do.
10:41 PM - Rowtree: Let me tell my story events
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: Yea, don't blatantly metagame shit that would do nothing but create awesome conflict
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: and you won't have problems with me
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: Like if you weren't so blatant about it
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: I wouldn't have a go at you
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: I LIKE you rowtree
10:41 PM - RWxSpartan5150: until you do this shit
10:42 PM - Rowtree: I know and it's a problem because it's just this shit like
10:42 PM - Rowtree: if you have the tools to metagame it'll happen
A few weeks prior, I was conducting some operation stuff with the CCA, planning to sell out Crenshaw to buy some respite and we'd organized this elaborate meeting, isolating who was where with OUR folks in the city monitoring the hand-off and conversation subsequent with god knows how many intel operatives also shadowing my people or being shadowed by the OUR. What followed was an incredibly tense exchange regarding Crenshaw and Poincare because their actions impact the resistance et al and Crow was done dealing with the Brotherhood so he was gonna sell em out and move on.

During this entire time, Rowtree followed me around in observe. I had already been keyed in once that someone was following me when I asked Miharu to look around to make sure folks weren't just mingeserving me because that would spoil the surprise. Miharu let me know that Rowtree was hovering around in Observe watching me talk with the Character who set up the meet and then at the meet. Kill came in later during the time of the meet to verify that Rowtree was in fact following me.

I don't know why we've allowed this kind of thing to continue but almost immediately after that, Rowtree's characters immediately changed their ways, never meeting with Crow, refusing to talk to Crow and only working with people tied to Crow when I wasn't online or around.

What would you like to see improved: I'd like to see his Admin removed and him banned for one week. He needs to revisit and spend time telling stories as a player without any of the nebulous administrative authority he currently wields.

Spartan5150 said:
Imagine the blowback if at a meeting Crow had set with Crenshaw that the CCA stormed it and took only Crenshaw? The accusations would fly left and right. That would have been some incredible player driven conflict.
That doesn't sound fun at all, I think the OOC player driven conflict would outweigh and ruin the IC driven conflict. I can already feel the sheer stress and drama of the situation.

Apart from that the validity of the logs seems fine. Can Toast possibly divulge more on what kind of stuff he heard?

Midas22 said:
That doesn't sound fun at all, I think the OOC player driven conflict would outweigh and ruin the IC driven conflict. I can already feel the sheer stress and drama of the situation.

Apart from that the validity of the logs seems fine. Can Toast possibly divulge more on what kind of stuff he heard?
I trust that most of the people who were intended to be impacted by that conflict who are capable of looking beyond whatever shadow conspiracies people throw around about me playing Crow and 05150 that the back and forth would have been incredible. I know some of the characters would have come to Crow and asked Why? Or even not doubted and just moved to act.

I like Rowtree a whole lot! I've always found him a pretty helpful and responsive guy, and he does fun events that aren't necessarily ultra grimdark but still yield pleasant character development. However, if these allegations of him abusing his admin in this way turn out to be true, I'll have to agree that a suspension or removal is in order. While I feel bad for supporting the removal of someone I consider a friend, I'd rather feel bad and improve the server than watch people quit because they got metagamed to death by an admin.

having been informed by spartan that he's making this thread, i'm inclined to make a post of my own regarding the matter. i'm not going to be mentioning any questionable things involving rowtree that also have me emotionally involved in them, in hopes of having a post as objective as possible, no matter our past dispute.

i fully believe that rowtree is a capable roleplayer, one who's done his fair share for resistance roleplay on this server. he has an interest in organizing resistance-related events and what not, only amplifying the aforementioned traits. but there's a line, and he crossed it several times.

i didn't want to speak out in fear that my personal opinion would be pulled in to any argument i could come up with, but i've decided to do that now, since it's not coming from me originally. rowtree is not capable of being an administrator. his refusal to cooperate with fellow admins, outright arguing the most logical point on several occasions, has lead to a lot of screwups in the server, and with a butterfly effect doomed entire intricate resistance vs combine events. and no, i'm not referencing the east wind spat we had here. i'm talking in general. his attitude has been far too toxic to his peers for somebody that should be a rolemodel and representative of the server, somebody attempting to elevate it to a higher plane.

it even came to a point where he willy-nilly started using combine assets, that should only be deployed with the permission of high command, for "events". when he was questioned about why the fuck he's doing something he's not authorized to do, like "scare people with a chopper", that he doesn't know how to roleplay, he outright refused to even communicate with HC and argued the point ad infinitum. logs of that can be provided if anybody wishes for it. there are countless examples of this, to put it boldly, idiotic behaviour. once every two or three weeks, during regular conversation with my steam friends, i get notified of this type of shit happening over and over again. alcohol is most definitely not an excuse, and mistakes such as these, that happened so many times in the past, simply showcase a pattern that's not going to stop any time soon.

his punishment for the metagame shown in the OP, because nobody called him out on it until now, was banning himself for a week -- as if "self harm" in that sense is somehow ample for breaking a roleplaying ruleset as holy as metagaming, as an admin even.

i concur with the request in the OP, for his admin to be permanently removed and him being given a break from the server to think about his attitude and hopefully rectify his mistakes. now, i've got my own faults and have fucked things up before, but god damn it happens every few months, not every week or two. and i'm sure that applies to most, if not all the other administrators.

as a player, he's got more than most to offer to the server i'd imagine. but as an admin he simply has to go. i'm sorry rowtree, this really isn't personal, i know we don't like each other, but i'm simply stating what's best for the server.

I was posting in OOC exactly what I was hearing as I was in TS. I join TS during these sorts of things for exactly these reasons. I didn't record it because I didn't think it would come up again; I just wanted it to stop in that instance.

I don't really know Rowtree very well, but this was kind of scummy since it was perpetrated against players by an admin. I've also heard that he makes good events, but I've never seen any of them first hand. It seems to go back and forth with the dude. I can't really offer any input here beyond what's in those logs: Rowtree was calling out resistance locations over team speak and telling his squadmates when people were peeking out of their cover by using seeall until I made that public and he left.

I can sort of sympathize with Rowtree because SOP in TNB is, moronically, to coordinate S2K via VOIP, and S2K is pretty fucking dumb; there shouldn't be such massive wild firefights on a daily basis, and I can imagine he thought he was fighting fire with fire. I'm guilty of doing that when Dave is on to cuck him properly.

sinep said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, yet I felt here is the most appropriate. I'm dismayed that I have to go to such lengths, but there it is.

Quite frankly, I'm appalled by the actions of another admin, and in lieu of the fact that reasoning and attempting a civil discourse is nigh-on impossible. I'm going to post this thread so they can justify their actions, which resulted in the admins having to use force to get them to stop.

I'll start this out by saying that admins should adhere to the same rules and principles as the players- in spite of the position they hold. This presents challenges, of course. As by and large admin is a responsibility, rather than a privilege. And that's the issue I'm raising here- Rowtree abusing his responsibility as an admin. As exemplified by this event.

Here is the log posted for ease in this board, following rath having to use force to cease Rowtree's actions (although, I was prepared to, as it seemed Rowtree didn't want to commune with the team). The situation involved Rowtree playing as a "bandit" and shooting [at] people on the canals. Teleporting around to do so.

Rowtree killed Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol using weapon_cc_mosin_pso
Rowtree killed sinep using weapon_cc_mosin_pso
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): jackson
Jackson ツ killed Rowtree using weapon_cc_m24
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): let me just get karen
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): goodnight
[ADMIN] Bishop (sperm.exe): DUDE
[ADMIN] Bishop (sperm.exe): i can hear you spawning health for yourself and
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): LOL
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): rowtree pls
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): nigga im dead what the fuck's he talking about
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): oh he's talking about sinep
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): wow jackson ok
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): steal our fucking fire
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): what
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): >:(
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): i killed him for you
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): meant to scare people out of the fuckin area
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): LOL
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): them niggas dont back down
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): well mate to be fair its 1 sniper vs like 20 people
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): nah mate there's more~
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): just two but
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): im trying to scare them off the ridgeline
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): rowtree u should have dropped ur mosin
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): that fucking darkcave is still there
[OOC] Bishop: rowtree i can see you using observe jesus christ
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): how does dark cave have a radio
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): also holy shit does what's his name complain alot
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): because they're easy as piss to make
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): toast thats the one
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): LOL they're at the combine outpost
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): cannister him
[OOC] 'Huntress': ^^^
[OOC] Alice Bailey: errr, broken arrow!?
[OOC] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi: why would anyone run up to a civil protection outpost
Rowtree killed darkcave using weapon_cc_mosin_pso
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): aint no nigga scared of a guy they can kill
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): troof
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): i hate you
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): rowtree
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): no im just saying
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): you know its pretty dickish to do this when people are actually trying to rp right?
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): uh mate
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): you know I've been giving tlb and his group some great rp right
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): as in, this whole thing has created rp
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): im not disputing that- im saying its descended to an s2k to gratify yourself
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): if hes dead- hes dead
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): it was a great plot device
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): leave it at that
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): i've been shootign to miss most targets ye
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): cept me
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): and sinep
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): that was an incredible hit vosk and for that i am both amazed and sorry
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): anyway
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): it's like headshotting keef through the window
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): im gonna conclude this because i dont like locking people in rooms
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): oh for fucks sakes dark cave
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): its no fun for them
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): so can we clear the air of lead now?
Rowtree killed darkcave using weapon_cc_mosin_pso
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): just had to drop dc again
[OOC] James Carter: Who keeps shooting me!
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): ban him or kick him
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): man
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): p much ^
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): im going to remove that fps drain called a CCA outpost.
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): pls do
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): its an eyesore as well as an fps drain
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): i dunno man if they're hiding and trying to sneak past i don't shoot em
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): holy shit i have like 2fps
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): also i gotta kill karen heckal before this is done
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): "ive gotta kill heckel before this is done"
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): ye
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): just stop it. please?
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): for real dude why are you singling people out
[ADMIN] Alexander Lyons (Vosk & the 82 hour blizzard vol): scouser didnt do anything
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): yeah cmon
[ADMIN] Sadheel El-Aboof (Rowtree): >he thinks im serious
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): lads
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): calm down
[ADMIN] Dalya 'Hebrew' Libi (Jackson ツ): its just a game
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): dont tell me to clam down fucklord
[ADMIN] Victor (turntSNACO): ill KILL YOU
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): ye jackson peeps just wanna chill
[ADMIN] Eugene Visser (sinep): remember row, enough is as good as a feast

As is plain to see- myself and vosk both raised issues, along with Helios and rath being present, and airing their displeasure personally to me. Though not publicly, (or adminly) as both were roleplaying with players at the time and running a rather interesting event for people on the canals, whilst having these absurd antics take place.

Aside from the abuse of responsibility, and the entire reasoning, motivations, and behavior (or lack there of) in communicating with the team, following rath's actions, rowtree brought himself into the donation channel I and Helios were in, and began ranting, concluding his statements with something along the lines of "If you don't undo that I'm going to tell dave."

Really, this is petulance at its height. Failure to communicate, abuse of powers, amongst over things I'm sure you'll all be able to extrapolate from this event and log, as well as others. I'm investing a great deal of time into the server and community, and I'm thankful for the vast majority of you who do the same- and support my actions, but I'm not going to sit on my backside on this one.

In closing, I felt that persons might not wish to speak publicly against someone they hold personally dear, so I included an anonymous poll.
sorry for taking a while had to get scl approval but this was from an admin comlpaint of rowtree about 9 months ago
from admin boards at http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/21170-admin-complaint-rowtree/

As for my personal stance I think Rowtree is a creative individual who tries to bring role play to the server in his own way. He has a history of being punished/warned for things he has done with admin abilities. The aforementioned is just the only one that has been discussed on the admin boards in length.

FervensPb said:
Rowtree was calling out resistance locations over team speak and telling his squadmates when people were peeking out of their cover by using seeall until I made that public and he left.
YIKES!

Please, try to keep this thread on topic. I don't want this to spiral out of control, if you have supporting evidence or have experience similar abuses at the hands of Rowtree, here is the chance to speak up.

Jackson said:
rowtree said to say he will be home in 4 hours cause he's at a club
winner.png

rowtree is a great storyteller and his events are some of the most fun i've had on the server in a while, but if these things are true, which they look to be, i don't think that's acceptable and support some form of punishment for it.

rowtree's a good lad and i like him, but he has possibly the worst lack of self control i've ever seen

and that's coming from me

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen

I apologise for what must seem like an extremely long absence but I was at a poetry event with friends and determined not to let this ruin my evening.

(Believe me, being part way through one of the sickest slams I've seen only to be interrupted by your phone vibrating with steam messages informing me of this thread is not a good way to go.)

I will post my defence against these accusations momentarily, I just wanted to post so you all know I'm not actually dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread