Zela aka EKO

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasma

cisphobic
Jun 16, 2011
Players Name: Zela aka Eko
Steam ID: Don't know its not important
Reason for ban: Irredeemable disrespect for the deceased and the mourning.
Proof: http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/25013-zela-unban/
What would you like to see improved: The peace of mind of EKO's absence.

As far as I know Walker, Rowtree and Brim aren't part of the circle of people whos lives were greatly impacted by Cole's passing and I don't see what gives them the right to excuse a totally reprehensible act of mockery and disrespect on behalf of a community that's still reconciling from their loss to this day.

If they were though, I just want to ask them what makes them so merciful and resilient after the weeks of coping and grief that followed the event? If I had to guess, they weren't the ones who stood by Cole's closet friends and helped carry them through what was one of the darkest parts of this community's, as well as those effected's history.

If they are, I apologize but I just can't understand your sympathy.

When EKO first tried to get himself unbaned it was unanimously agreed that he would never be participating in tnb again on part of everyone involved. To have people who weren't effected by Cole's passing suddenly rule that its okay if he comes back is infuriating and I demand they explain themselves.

Yeah, that unban was pushed through without actual consultation in the space of less than a day.

If you weren't actually there for what happened or affected by it (so, almost every admin posting in that thread in favour of unbanning EKO), you have no right to dismiss it, say 'it was just banter lad nothing worse what people usually say', or anything like that.

Personally I don't want them to be able to interact with the community in any capacity after that. I don't mind letting them roleplay on the game servers.

I was in favor of the ban and not really in favor of the insincere "i'm only saying this because mommy said i have to" unban. Tuck em in.

You don't have to have been there to understand why it's insensitive and a comment only a cunt would make, you just have to not be a socially inept dick.

This kinda shit is completely unacceptable and I gotta say Walker/Rowtree it's very scummy to accuse the people who are upset as being on a "moral high horse" like are you fucking kidding me right now?

Looking back it wasn't even "sorry i said that awful thing", it was "sorry I offended someone" just dressed up a bit.

I think they should remain banned but why is this only coming up now? I'm pretty sure they're banned at the moment as well.

Skippy said:
This kinda shit is completely unacceptable and I gotta say Walker/Rowtree it's very scummy to accuse the people who are upset as being on a "moral high horse" like are you fucking kidding me right now?
ah yes of course thanks for the daily remind that im scum cheers for that one skippy

Bennet Dyson said:
I think they should remain banned but why is this only coming up now? I'm pretty sure they're banned at the moment as well.
He was unbanned and playing on the server - I hadn't heard that he was re-banned, and he's still posting on the forums.

Cole commits suicide

Years later someone makes some shitty stupid joke about it

I don't see how it's an offense worth a permanent ban.

Walker. said:
Cole commits suicide

Years later someone makes some shitty stupid joke about it

I don't see how it's an offense worth a permanent ban.
The context matters heavily. I don't even particularly care about suicide jokes but someone who directly targets someone who was affected by the suicide in question with a specific mention of Cole - with the intent of causing them emotional distress for the express, petty purpose of causing them to quit in an argument - is a sociopath no matter how you slice it and really, isn't someone I think we should welcome here.

Especially because he never directly apologized for it and hasn't changed a bit since.

I agree it's bad but at least they managed to offer an apology. It doesn't straighten things out, but there's some progress.
Then again I never knew Cole, so I can't put myself in your position.

Theeeeeeen they decided to be a smartass and got banned for repeated use of a donator model which wasn't even authorised for them to use in the first place.
I guess "do shit get hit" worked in this case.

Bad taste isn't really inherently bannable. If he didn't attach the personal connotation to it, no one would have batted an eye, but since he attached Cole's name, you're all trying to string him up as a pariah and ban him from the forums and server. I don't know his current status on the forum or the server, but if he isn't harassing someone repeatedly where it's actually worth taking action, I say cut off ties and not interact with one another. Whether he legitimately regrets saying it, as he suggested in his unban thread, is something only he will know, and I know I've gotten heated over some comments made over Bomber's death, but that's because certain players (who are still at this community) were uninformed and making up rumors and lies about why he committed suicide. This was just a poor insult with no thought behind it and not worth any bans. Go ahead and call him a gentleman behind his back, I just don't think it's worth harassing and banning him over something like this if he isn't actively targeting you guys after his unban.

Rowtree said:
ah yes of course thanks for the daily remind that im scum cheers for that one skippy
Why are you taking it so personally? I never insulted you directly. I think you said something extremely silly so yeah I'm gonna call you out on it.

pirate said:
He was unbanned and playing on the server - I hadn't heard that he was re-banned, and he's still posting on the forums.
I perma-banned him from the servers last month sometime after continued incidents of them being a cunt, they never appealed it so unless that ban was reversed somehow... mysteriously... they should still be banned. That didn't carry over to the forums though.

Skippy said:

also i suggest you stop taking my shit out of context

I said kiruclanz trying to moral high horse, not accusing everyone of it, but kiruclanz.

who, while he was agreeing with walker, continue to post irrelevant shit like "jesus christ tho" and other things that didn't contribute to anything but to make it into a bigger shitfest than it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread