Zela aka EKO

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlatPancake said:
Bad taste isn't really inherently bannable
being an odious waste of space who contributes nothing positive and a lot negative is, though

Walker. said:
Cole commits suicide

Years later someone makes some shitty stupid joke about it

I don't see how it's an offense worth a permanent ban.
From what I've heard, this guy purposely said this in an argument to purposely offend someone.

To me, there's a huge difference in saying a dark joke and using a low-blow like that.

I knew Cole, he was part of the people that I loved to talk to during my earlier new TnB days when I knew Herb & Ocelot. He enjoys dark humor too, but this isn't dark humor. This is a big fucking dick move.

For all purposes, fuck him.

Skippy said:
Why are you taking it so personally? I never insulted you directly. I think you said something extremely silly so yeah I'm gonna call you out on it.
I take it personally because i don't like being called scum for disagreeing with you.

I permabanned them from the forums.

They're being an unapologetic, egregious cunt as recently as today so yeah, they can fuck off.

FlatPancake said:
Bad taste isn't really inherently bannable. If he didn't attach the personal connotation to it, no one would have batted an eye, but since he attached Cole's name, you're all trying to string him up as a pariah and ban him from the forums and server. I don't know his current status on the forum or the server, but if he isn't harassing someone repeatedly where it's actually worth taking action, I say cut off ties and not interact with one another. Whether he legitimately regrets saying it, as he suggested in his unban thread, is something only he will know, and I know I've gotten heated over some comments made over Bomber's death, but that's because certain players (who are still at this community) were uninformed and making up rumors and lies about why he committed suicide. This was just a poor insult with no thought behind it and not worth any bans. Go ahead and call him a gentleman behind his back, I just don't think it's worth harassing and banning him over something like this if he isn't actively targeting you guys after his unban.
He said "You make me want to Canibalcole myself" while arguing with someone who had been affected by his death just to win the argument by forcing that person out of it. That's about as shitty as you can get. Context matters.

Rowtree said:
I take it personally because i don't like being called scum for disagreeing with you.
He didn't 'call you scum', you just took it as a slight.

I turned his forum ban into an IP one and he's removed from the game servers, not much more to be done. If someone can't even apologize over being a dick about usurping models I doubt they can manage a sincere apology about mocking a suicide by a previous community member.

also back on topic, vorti has already fucked him so he's gone and likely won't be back, good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread