Wilson

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of thing should be resolved in private chats if you ask me. I'd rather not play babysitter.

Wilson, show me proof that you were provoked. You broke the rules, the burden of proving you were actually in the right is on you, unless whoever was "okay with it" comes in here saying why.

Clavier, the majority opinion seems to be that provoking someone as you did me is entirely within your character.

So you came on in a bad mood, took it out on me, and then decided to go the extra step when I returned the favor?

I mean, it's understandable, but the majority opinion is also that you shouldn't get on the server when you're in a foul mood. Don't you remember Keefe's unban request?

I just don't see what 24 hours is going to do to make you happy, though.

As for proving I was punched from observe, I'm open to suggestions as to how to do that. Unfortunately the culprit doesn't have the integrity to admit to it.

Wilson said:
Clavier, the majority opinion seems to be that provoking someone as you did me is entirely within your character.

So you came on in a bad mood, took it out on me, and then decided to go the extra step when I returned the favor?

I mean, it's understandable, but the majority opinion is also that you shouldn't get on the server when you're in a foul mood. Don't you remember Keefe's unban request?

I just don't see what 24 hours is going to do to make you happy, though.

Tami said:
... I don't have observe flags on anyone except Ariel. I was on my UKM soldier, swapped to Kasia, walked to the place she was at, sat down, got RDM'd. That save doesn't have observe flags. It's pretty hard for me to punch you from observe without observe. Not to mention I've been in a absolutely piss-poor mood all day (which I'm sure someone could attest, if honestly need be) and am nowhere near a "let's dick around" mood...

Tami said:
Get an admin on to check Kasia's flags. She's only got Vigilance and Technician flags, not Observe flags. rpa_getinfo "Kasia Ewilenska".

Tami said:
...look at the screenshot. "Sdr. Dariya Schwetz" is my UKM soldier. She doesn't have UKM flags yet, but she's geared up and I very clearly stated I was getting off my UKM soldier while on my UKM soldier, where I very clearly got on Kasia and very clearly was RDM'd by you.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/586909633510668587/020078BA37A03245F6456DCF9FE85941B9D4D812/

I'm not speaking of character. I'm not asking people to make a judgement based on my personality. I'm asking people to make a judgement based on what actual proof there is, and there's quite a bit of proof to prove that I was RDM'd without provocation. There's no proof whatsoever that it was provoked.

Open to suggestions? Here's one. If you're impartial to deathmatching people who bother you, keep a demo rolling or something. Otherwise, tell the admins to keep an eye on them and get back to whatever you were doing.

Because I was upset and said that Wilson had downs, and I'm ashamed of that. If needed, this is as much as I can expand the console in my resolution.

90254F530A8FEFC7977FF61BB05E0D5F83F0F916

Clavier, all you've proven is that you were, at some time, able to get a screenshot of your UKM character and then on Kasia.

You haven't proven that you were never on your character with observe, and with all the character switching, can you really say that you didn't?

I saw Tami on their UKM character ~30 seconds before being DMed. I can vouch that they've been in a shitty mood all day as well.

I don't understand why provoked RDM is ignored for some but not others. I get banned regularly for provoked RDM. IMO, DM that was obviously provoked should be tolerated - but it needs to be uniform. Is it acceptable or not? This is where a decision needs to be made.

And yes, one of the (many) reasons Clavier got permabanned was for repeatedly provoking people into RDMing him and then trying to get those people banned (howdy), so I wouldn't put it past him at all. As much as I'd like to believe he's "changed" as he regularly insists, it seems to me like the only thing he's changed is his name.

The whole reason I'm in this thread asking for proof of whether or not Wilson was provoked is so I know if I should ban them both and not just him.

I'm leaning towards the latter right now.

This whole "punched me from observe" thing is an obvious excuse.

1) There's no way of knowing who punches you unless you see them do it. How would you have seen me do it if I were in observe? What differentiated me from the other twenty-something people on the server at the time? We had no prior interaction on the server today until the RDM, what made you leap past all the other people on the server and decide it was me, definitely.
2) I've proven that neither of the characters I was on in the time-frame of you being supposedly punched and me being RDM'd have observe flags, but still I somehow managed to punch you while in observe? And despite the fact I literally could not have possibly done it you're accusing me over all of the other people on the server, many who themselves did have observe access at the time?

There's no way I could've done it. Even if I did, there's no way you could've known it was me. With that in mind, the deathmatching was unprovoked and completely random.

except before he rdm'd you he mentioned it to me over sf, so it couldn't have been a total lie, unless it was an extremely intricate one.

Tami said:
This whole "punched me from observe" thing is an obvious excuse.

1) There's no way of knowing who punches you unless you see them do it. How would you have seen me do it if I were in observe? What differentiated me from the other twenty-something people on the server at the time? We had no prior interaction on the server today until the RDM, what made you leap past all the other people on the server and decide it was me, definitely.
2) I've proven that neither of the characters I was on in the time-frame of you being supposedly punched and me being RDM'd have observe flags, but still I somehow managed to punch you while in observe? And despite the fact I literally could not have possibly done it you're accusing me over all of the other people on the server, many who themselves did have observe access at the time?

There's no way I could've done it. Even if I did, there's no way you could've known it was me. With that in mind, the deathmatching was unprovoked and completely random.

Let me tl;dr this

I proved I couldn't have punched him. Maybe someone else did. There's no way he could've decided that it was me unless he had an ESP. And if he did have an ESP, he would've found it wasn't me. Because he had no logical way to think it was me, it was random.

Announcement regarding DM said:
Do not retaliate with DM. Get an admin.

If, by any chance, Tami had actually "provoked" you into DM'ing him, the rule is there. It was outlined. That quote has been in place since mid 2012. Nobody should be fighting provocations with DM. Was an admin not online for you to !a "someone is punching me from observe", Wilson?

Well, you should've stopped RPing and disconnected, then. That's what I was told to do! i do not actually endorse this

If you can't keep yourselves civil, you're all getting banned on the forums. Keep your petty hates internal.

I'm looking at you, Wilson, Clavier, and Pirate.

Wilson said:

Except every time I got on with a pissy mood I left in higher spirits. The only exception being when I was RDM'd by administrators and/or exploded. Why would you even bring me into this, stop deflecting.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
Except every time I got on with a pissy mood I left in higher spirits. The only exception being when I was RDM'd by administrators and/or exploded. Why would you even bring me into this, stop deflecting.

http://taconbanana.com/vb/showthread.php?57727-Alright

You weren't a deflection, only a side comment to counter Clavier's argument of "I was in a bad mood" made in order to excuse his provocation.

Except I wasn't excusing provocation. I was saying that I was in a bad mood and therefore not up to dicking around. Because, you know. I didn't provoke you, for the hundredth time, supported by evidence.

This has just become a circle of you accusing me without proof and me redisplaying the proof that states otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread