TnB Community Announcement - TRP

Yeah... There is a reason Minerva weren't a TC Reprog.

But a different question, is there going to be vehicles? Be they cobbled together, or even refurbished military affairs? I've got the slightest inkling of a PBG in my head, so I figure I'd ask.

Yes, vehicles will be a thing.
In regards to PBGs, I really want to encourage anyone planning on introducing a PBG to reach out to me, I'd like to talk about what you want to accomplish on server and what we can do to facilitate group goals, as well as see about fitting you into the lore so far.

Unpopular opinion and question but why is TRP always modelled after drab, boring Salvation rather than cool as fuck retro futuristic T1/2 future war?

Unpopular opinion and question but why is TRP always modelled after drab, boring Salvation rather than cool as fuck retro futuristic T1/2 future war?

I've never seen a difference in the two beyond time. Salvation is drab, but T1/T2 were just as gruel. Cities of rubble with people hiding in sewers and under piles of concrete, waiting until the battle between the few human fighters and the machines is over. Salvation is really just the same, though IMO its a stronger look at the future war than the few minutes of clips we got in the other movies, and a lot easier to build off of.

To me they are in no way mutually exclusive. A lot can be taken from either to build our own take on the future war.

1705367483725.png
terminator savlation is the most complete version of the future war that we can see. early stages of the conflict, since it takes place in 2018, whereas the cutscene we see in terminator 1 takes place towards 2029, after humanity got it's teeth kicked in and the T-800 rolled out.

Terminator Resistance is a good representation of the Future War after Salvation, armor becomes pointless, aviation is extinct or suicide, SkyNet has outposts stationed everywhere and all of their drones utilize Plasma which can blow you into pieces if it touches you (heat causes material to expand and blood to boil, crazy right?)

Ultimately the goal is to touch that feeling of Sci-Fi that T1 had, it's just gonna take time to get there.​

Terminator Resistance is a good representation of the Future War after Salvation, armor becomes pointless, aviation is extinct or suicide, SkyNet has outposts stationed everywhere and all of their drones utilize Plasma which can blow you into pieces if it touches you (heat causes material to expand and blood to boil, crazy right?)​
this sounds like the more desirable option to me. constantly being under the threat of extermination is the thrilling appeal of the terminator setting.

I want to highlight this section from Lambda's first post:

TC is resistance but the resistance isn't just TC.

This is something the admin team is really interested in hammering home. TC is a small, important part of the wider capital-r Resistance, but by no means will everyone be in TC, or need to be in TC to be an integral part of the human resistance, and nor will you be gatekept from cool shit as an unaffiliated Resistance fighter. Indeed, TC will be nothing without unaffiliated Resistance fighters.

The idea is not hard, unrelenting, unavoidable milsim. It's a highly inclusive Resistance. After all, every human is the resistance, even if they don't want to be. It's disparate groups - civilians, PBGs, unaffiliated fighters, logistics people, researchers, scavengers, traders, botanists, medics, ad infinitum, coming together in a desperate, scared, hungry mass of humanity. Think of the filthy, harried bunker we see in Terminator 1, not a sterile military base.

This might be entirely a symptom of the iterations that I tried to participate in (or maybe it's all in my head because TRP has never really been my 'thing' to begin with), but anytime I gave it a shot I always felt like there wasn't much to do beyond sit in "the base" and wait for something to happen. Even if you went out and tried to do some stuff as part of a different faction, the rest of the map was always empty, because everyone was congregated in "the base."

This isn't really a question, I guess, it's just something I noticed that always bugged me a bit and made it hard for me to get interested in the setting. Is there any plan to try and break from that, since TC is supposed to be a more decentralized thing?

Yes.
And because I'm under NDA, my source is trust me.

Nah but for real big changes to avoid just that thing, and big focuses on making just playing the server fun. Not even the shotbot, just generally tooling around and trying to make it in general more fun.

This might be entirely a symptom of the iterations that I tried to participate in (or maybe it's all in my head because TRP has never really been my 'thing' to begin with), but anytime I gave it a shot I always felt like there wasn't much to do beyond sit in "the base" and wait for something to happen. Even if you went out and tried to do some stuff as part of a different faction, the rest of the map was always empty, because everyone was congregated in "the base."

This isn't really a question, I guess, it's just something I noticed that always bugged me a bit and made it hard for me to get interested in the setting. Is there any plan to try and break from that, since TC is supposed to be a more decentralized thing?

yea this is something the team wants to avoid, so we're implementing things players can do to be proactive. Sitting around doing nothing isn't going to be very beneficial to a group when they're competing for resources, or they're getting hungry, or maybe SkyNet wants to do an assault.

basically, players should want to be exploring the map for one reason or another.

Honestly anything that shys away from Tech-Com being The Protagonist(tm) and if you're not with them you're some loser with an AK you found.

Speaking of that, something I noticed in TRP2 is that robots were always extremely tanky in S2RP to an unrealistic degree IMO, and at a point they'd just ignore most regular ballistics short of a .50 cal. Are you guys going to encourage drones to turn it back a little bit? One of my favorite S2RPs on TRP2 was when some drones just died and came back to simulate a group instead of it just being, one robot standing there feasting on bullets for 30 minutes.

Weird topic I know but that made S2RP an absolute drain on TRP2 a lot of the time.

Honestly anything that shys away from Tech-Com being The Protagonist(tm) and if you're not with them you're some loser with an AK you found.

Speaking of that, something I noticed in TRP2 is that robots were always extremely tanky in S2RP to an unrealistic degree IMO, and at a point they'd just ignore most regular ballistics short of a .50 cal. Are you guys going to encourage drones to turn it back a little bit? One of my favorite S2RPs on TRP2 was when some drones just died and came back to simulate a group instead of it just being, one robot standing there feasting on bullets for 30 minutes.

Weird topic I know but that made S2RP an absolute drain on TRP2 a lot of the time.
I second this. Nothing short of T-800's should be tanking rifle rounds and .308's and shit like nothing. And even then, it can only work for so long before something dents and damages internals and shiz.

Will we have an Air Force squad like 91st(I think it was) in the future like we did in Trp2?
Pls this. 91st was the best roleplay I had personally

I also had fun being the one to occasionally deliver John Connor and the rest of TC into near certain death

Im not sure what you're asking.
Can you make a PBG that's air force remnants? If so then yes go ahead.
TC had an Air Force squad, the 91st. They were a squad like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie.

Think he’s asking if TC will have a 91st this iteration like TRP2.

So having only ever watched the first two Terminator films I actually had no idea that TRP 2 and TRP 3 drew their style from an actual Terminator movie. I was watching clips from later Terminator films yesterday and I guess TRP 2 and TRP 3 are mostly based on Genisys which I suppose is where the "TC is basically the US military and everybody is TC and we have air support and tanks blahblahblah" comes from.

Are we going to be drawing primary inspiration from a different source? Salvation, like the original Terminator RP?

Last edited:

I plan on writing posts that flesh out the capabilities of drones so there's less liberties to be taken with how much someone can sustain, or how fast they can run (since t700s can't run 60mph like someone said they can do in trp3)

So having only ever watched the first two Terminator films I actually had no idea that TRP 2 and TRP 3 drew their style from an actual Terminator movie. I was watching clips from later Terminator films yesterday and I guess TRP 2 and TRP 3 are mostly based on Genisys which I suppose is where the "TC is basically the US military and everybody is TC and we have air support and tanks blahblahblah" comes from.

Are we going to be drawing primary inspiration from a different source? Salvation, like the original Terminator RP?

Primarily the inspiration we're drawing from would be Salvation, but with more of the original T1 and T2 Future War. We're trying to give that sense of guerilla warfare, having the players avoid being slaughtered since there's no way you're gonna win a stand up fight with SkyNet.

Will we have an Air Force squad like 91st(I think it was) in the future like we did in Trp2?

You're encouraged to start your own PBGs, and message lambda so he can organize them while the forums permissions are worked out. I'll say personally I don't think an air wing will work in this particular setting, SkyNet is going to be very proficient at wiping out aircraft since they have aerial superiority in most regions of the world now. Maybe strategic use of any assets you have would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread