your newest internet obsession
Roleplay Department Administrator
- Sep 17, 2015
Like I've previously said, there will be other servers that are propped up and run during TRP's lifespan, but none of those will cause the server to shut down for good so don't worry about that fear that I know has become pretty common as of late. Now, let's get on to the stuff you're here for:
- This server will be on our TRP version of CombineControl rather than Eternity. It was decided pretty quickly after the departure of our previous developer that using the barebones Terminator branch of it would be just far too much work to implement everything we needed, and probably a bit too messy.
- Updated economy system with actually decent looting possible. You won't have to rely on an admin spamming their loot bind and spreading it with a Gbomb to progress in terms of items; it'll all rely on you. Traders will also be a thing using the 'alloy' currency rather than USD, alloys being melted from Terminator chassis. Don't get any smart ideas.
- Drone swapping; rather than having to make sixteen different characters to play on your authed SkyNET drones, you'll be able to swap between them on the fly.
- Weapon balance will be much more fair to drones and humans alike. No more weapons that auto-nuke drones because somebody paid $60 for something. Plasma for humans will be restricted to 50-watt and no higher than that, and it definitely won't be that high at the launch of the server.
- Weapon and armor condition will be featured much more prominently. Weapons and armor both will now be damaged over time through use and at death if equipped by a specific amount, meaning proper maintenance will be required to prevent your favorite gear from exploding in your hands and becoming unusable.
- We won't be continuing with the formula of a fully PBG-focused server. We'd rather Terminator be a server that's easy to get into, and that's made easy when having a main faction that anybody can get into and play with the main group of people in - so that means the same militarized Tech-Com will be the main featured faction and there won't be a size cap on it like originally planned. That being said, we'll be taking great care to avoid the headaches of Tech-Com leadership last iteration and also still continuing to give opportunities for PBGs to flourish, they just won't be the main focus anymore and I think this is the best outcome for the server's longevity and ease of access for new and returning players. Giving this setting a STALKER-esque twist sounds nice in theory, but it'd create needless headache and also make the server function a lot less well when there are not as many players on.
- The SkyNET structure previously announced is going to be reworked a fair bit, alongside most of the SkyNET threads in general that were posted. Different leaders, different styles of doing it. It'll be easier to follow than it was previously. Many of the drone's actual attributes will be changed slightly to meet our needs with this server, too. More on that soon.
- We'll still be in the same time period and the same location; New York, 2024.
- The baseball cap will once again be the most rare item at launch.
But, it won't be too far off. A couple weeks after the end of the Dead Space RR and we should be robot gaming. I'm not giving a solid date yet because there's still work to be done on the script and I don't think, no matter how much we might want to start shooting robots, anybody wants to rush TankNut.
Big ups to TankNut for making all of this happen, Deadeye for making these God-tier models, and alfa for making textures for the new Tech-Com uniforms (you can find them in one of the hyperlinks above).