STALKER Roleplay & Community Update Announcement

The script supports an unlimited number of servers, whether we do it or not will most likely be a call made based on community buzz made in the leadup to launch.

Just for fun at Rads we spun up like 20 servers with transitions all the way from Cordon to the NPP. So it is scalable. If we fill 1 server we’ll open another, if we fill two we’ll open another, as long as the player base (and budget) is there.

The script supports an unlimited number of servers, whether we do it or not will most likely be a call made based on community buzz made in the leadup to launch.

Just for fun at Rads we spun up like 20 servers with transitions all the way from Cordon to the NPP. So it is scalable. If we fill 1 server we’ll open another, if we fill two we’ll open another, as long as the player base (and budget) is there.
It worked well having two servers for 100 rads even without high pop. I think having something like Vehicle graveyard open no matter what ala caves would be great.

Also the script completely supports full open unsupervised gameplay just like the games themselves, it has automatic stash generation, NPC spawners and so on. So if we wanted to make servers that were pure gameplay areas we could totally do that.

All I know is this time, I'm not gonna try and do a trader like I tried for 100 rads. Sitting behind a counter all day at work to then come home and sit behind a counter selling you nerds scripts... I don't think I need to explain.

I got, better ideas...

All I know is this time, I'm not gonna try and do a trader like I tried for 100 rads. Sitting behind a counter all day at work to then come home and sit behind a counter selling you nerds scripts... I don't think I need to explain.

I got, better ideas...

I'm gonna rob you 2 minutes into server launch.

090A4C700EBDB0F8744F6A6E628EC4F59B992884

images you can hear

Do we plan on seeing your average antagonist factions (Bandits, Renegades, Mercs) All be one large faction(s), or just have separate cells for each of them as the time comes? Or will these factions just be your usual throwaway antagonists?

Neither are bad, just wondering for character backstories.

Do we plan on seeing your average antagonist factions (Bandits, Renegades, Mercs) All be one large faction(s), or just have separate cells for each of them as the time comes? Or will these factions just be your usual throwaway antagonists?

Neither are bad, just wondering for character backstories.

You'll probably be seeing antagonist factions, yeah. We're still pretty early in the discussions and talks regarding them though. As of now, we are looking at Bandits at possibly being a main faction, but its still in discussion/planning. Some have discussed the possibility of allowing PBG's to make up the roles these factions served in the games - such as the 'Mercenaries', instead of it just being 'the Mercenaries' players will be able to form their little cells that functions as a Mercenary Group or a Bandit Group.

Saying "Stalker will be bad because the last iteration was bad" is a piss-poor argument tbh, especially given the passion everyone involved has for the setting and stuff.

Besides the last iteration was so thrown together that Dave was able to turn the server off for two days because he was that angry people murdered the deus-ex-military in S2K while they were bombing everyone in prop jets lmao

Also the script completely supports full open unsupervised gameplay just like the games themselves, it has automatic stash generation, NPC spawners and so on. So if we wanted to make servers that were pure gameplay areas we could totally do that.
Could be smart so those more enamored with scripts can have their fun and those more inclined to RP can have their slice to.

Could be smart so those more enamored with scripts can have their fun and those more inclined to RP can have their slice to.
that kind of providence can be hit or miss, we'll see
i was present for the implementation of the PVE server on 100rads and it served a purpose but, we'll see how things work out with it
has anyone got any opinions of how the loot distribution on TRP? i heard that was athing but never saw it myself

Users who are viewing this thread