STALKER Roleplay & Community Update Announcement

it’s nice to hear that the script was finished, props to rustyy rustyy for finishing it. i envy anyones patience and persistence when it comes to working on something like that, i barely learned python before giving up back in school.

seems like I missed out on 100 rads pirate pirate hope you and the community got some fulfilling and fun times out of it. i know how much of yourself you pour into a project when stalker’s involved, so I’m glad that ya got something going if even for a moment. gmod rp is a niche inside of a niche behind a wall of tedious troubleshooting to even get into a server, so it’s pretty impressive y’all did what you did.

feels like a lifetime ago that i used to obsess over this setting. nothing has piqued my creative interest as much stalker did. the social dynamic of srp also heightened the setting for me in a way that no other rp medium has.

perhaps it’s me reflecting with rose tinted glasses but man was it fun having interpersonal conflicts with factions, mutants, and the zone itself. so much possibility for variety day to day, the only limiting factor being your motivation, creative energy, and willing participants. source engine limitations aside it felt great having such a malleable setting to work with.

not sure when this is happening but I’ll definitely be looking forward to it. if y’all need any help with anything let me know!

IF WE USE THE WEATHER MOD 100RADS USED I WILL

be mildly dissapointed, i guess. shit lagged hard for some reason.

it’s nice to hear that the script was finished, props to rustyy rustyy for finishing it. i envy anyones patience and persistence when it comes to working on something like that, i barely learned python before giving up back in school.

seems like I missed out on 100 rads pirate pirate hope you and the community got some fulfilling and fun times out of it. i know how much of yourself you pour into a project when stalker’s involved, so I’m glad that ya got something going if even for a moment. gmod rp is a niche inside of a niche behind a wall of tedious troubleshooting to even get into a server, so it’s pretty impressive y’all did what you did.

feels like a lifetime ago that i used to obsess over this setting. nothing has piqued my creative interest as much stalker did. the social dynamic of srp also heightened the setting for me in a way that no other rp medium has.

perhaps it’s me reflecting with rose tinted glasses but man was it fun having interpersonal conflicts with factions, mutants, and the zone itself. so much possibility for variety day to day, the only limiting factor being your motivation, creative energy, and willing participants. source engine limitations aside it felt great having such a malleable setting to work with.

not sure when this is happening but I’ll definitely be looking forward to it. if y’all need any help with anything let me know!

Hey Chad, I was wondering if you’d stick your head in. Sounds cheesy but I’m excited to finally revisit the Zone at TnB and the more oldheads stop by the better it will be. Shoot me a DM on discord if you want, grenadiac#1683

IF WE USE THE WEATHER MOD 100RADS USED I WILL

be mildly dissapointed, i guess. shit lagged hard for some reason.
It’s currently mounted but not sure on keeping it. We do have some cool integrations (blowout skyboxes/weather interaction) and it was in alpha during rads, so performance should be better. If it causes issues we’ll disable it.

I'll ask the big question; did the fur missile of the NPC dogs get fixed? That shit was cancer.
Yes. The NPCs aren’t TnB’s old ones, they come from a russian addon. I have heavily tweaked them for gameplay and we have some light script integration (mostly they drop relevant loot when killed). They work pretty good 90% of the time but can still be cheesed if you’re determined, that’s just how source NPCs are sadly.

We do have every NPC from STALKER and a few from mods. Controllers & burers have some advanced functionality that makes them pretty challenging.

Yes. The NPCs aren’t TnB’s old ones, they come from a russian addon. I have heavily tweaked them for gameplay and we have some light script integration (mostly they drop relevant loot when killed). They work pretty good 90% of the time but can still be cheesed if you’re determined, that’s just how source NPCs are sadly.

We do have every NPC from STALKER and a few from mods. Controllers & burers have some advanced functionality that makes them pretty challenging.
Thank christ.

Part of me will miss watching blind dogs inexplicably launch themselves in the air at a near 90 degree angle before absolutely ruining someone's day.

Users who are viewing this thread