KesterlBirdMan, "Milana"

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically there's no rule regarding it, and anyone can do it.

And to be fair, I've seen every faction do this regularly.

It wasn't a rule last iteration either.

I personally don't like it at all, but Dave put it as "Clever" use of game mechanics.

I personally don't like it at all, but Dave put it as "Clever" use of game mechanics.

It's allowed. It's encouraged by the owner of the server. The majority of people join SRP exclusively for it.

But does that make it right? Does that make interrupting the roleplay of others an okay thing to do? No. It doesn't. And fuck anyone who says it does. I'm fucking sick of all of you shit suckers justifying s2k as a means of roleplay. It's not. It's a disruption to roleplay.

You can't roleplay and S2K at the same time. You can't have roleplay and S2K in the same environment. Given that we're restricted to such small maps, entire fractions of it are closed off from roleplayers because of S2K. BUT THE SAME STANDARD ISN'T GIVEN DESPITE TNB CLAIMING TO BE A ROLEPLAY COMMUNITY WHO PUTS ROLEPLAY FIRST OVER ANYTHING ELSE.

IF PEOPLE IN A FACTION WERE ROLEPLAYING AND I FELT LIKE IT'S TIME TO RAID THEIR BASE WITH S2K, I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. JUST SO LONG AS A FEW OTHERS IN SAID BASE WERE UP FOR IT. AND I COULD DO THE SAME TO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT LONER TOWN. WHO CARES IF PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY ROLEPLAYING NEARBY. ITS COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

FUCK ANYONE WHO SAYS THIS IS AN OKAY THING TO DO

kiru run a 15vs15 s2rp when both parties cant differentiate between ic n ooc affairs. you'll change your tune. im not gonna ban kestrel for this n i aint prepared to ban kestrel for this. i will SPEAK to kestrel and ASK that he gives floki's scar back though

Then make it a rule, it's part ban request part suggestion since there's no CCC/suggestions board atm.
He inventoried his SWEP during an S2K but he absorbed three others before dying. I want them all expunged from his corpse like a weapon piñata.

kiru run a 15vs15 s2rp when both parties cant differentiate between ic n ooc affairs. you'll change your tune. im not gonna ban kestrel for this n i aint prepared to ban kestrel for this. i will SPEAK to kestrel and ASK that he gives floki's scar back though

Floki doesn't want the gun, I do. I killed Milana it's my prize. Same with the SKS.

as much as i hate s2k and like s2rp, xeanos is right in that when the numbers get over small engagements, s2rp is hard to keep up with and manage. this isn't to say it's impossible, but in the interest of time and- to a certain extent- ensuring that one faction comes out on top instead of both teams just going home with a bunch of guys with shoulder wounds, s2k is a lot easier for both administrators and players participating. in a perfect world s2rp could be standard for all but for anything above like 6v6 it gets unruly.

also sorry for derailing

Honestly this is why I've always said since I tried DayZ RP. (Yeah, I know. It was bad. I left 1 day in.)

A game with shooting mechanics isn't at all a healthy environment for RP, normally. SRP is both an exception to that rule, but also not.

S2RP moderation just needs good admins, I remember an event on a WoW private server that was 20 v 20 Horde and Alliance and everything went smoothly.

A global IC channel would be nice, frankly.

Edit:Not to say the Admins are inept, however. Gmod RP is just an ENTIRELY different monster all together.

Fuck that SCAR, Fuck this thread.

Did an 8v6 once that went pretty well, though the subsequent one with mostly the same people got pretty heated. I mostly blame Supersoup and Popepanda who don't understand how heavy LMGs are and why having a traumatized chest area should almost immediately remove the ability to free fire them from the hip or shoulder.

But I digress.

Don't look for rewards in S2K. It's a shit way to resolve conflicts, so the rewards should also be shit.

assign a captain for each team to create emotes that represent everyone in their team after discussing what their characters would do etc

s2k is not a form of roleplay

if i wasnt drunk id make a very elaborate post kiru but im drunk so instead please stop posting in a locked thread

thank you colleague rokhazula

edit: also i didnt even try to figure out how to lock threads but ill make a point about moaning to gang HRRR GANG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread