[HL2RP] TankNut Admin Abuse

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin

Jun 20, 2017
OOC Name: TankNut
SteamID: I don't know (Steam id finder isnt loading up)
Character Name: CCA.C17-CERBERUS.56132
What happened: So my friend and I were going back to the city and tons of antlions were falling since we crossed the beach. We made it to a house and then there was an event. A combine appeared and my friend tossed his pistol onto the ground and kicked it to me. Before this I forgot to /me it which was my fault since I was freaking out because a combine was there. But we re did the scene and I /me'ed this and then he went AFK. So I was wondering what the hell is he doing? I try to tell him that you can't just go AFK if we're in RP and then all of sudden he's like "You know that's it" WITHOUT WARNING, he removes the gun from my hand and bans me from traveling. If I was doing something tell me but he gave ME NO WARNING AT ALL. So I think this is abuse. I did learn my friend actually taught me so I feel like I had the right instead of jsut banning me from traveling asking me questions but he didn't and just banned me.
Time it happened: 6:25 - 6:30?
Pictures/Proof:

Pablo Colins: [YELL] DROP THE GUN RIGHT NOW!
** Samuel Asher slowly inches backwards.
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] hes afk in RP, you're allowed to countine on.
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] its in rules
Samuel Asher: [LOCAL-OOC] is he AFK?
CCA.C17-CERBERUS.56132: [LOCAL-OOC] No...
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] you were
Samuel Asher: [LOCAL-OOC] oh bruh
CCA.C17-CERBERUS.56132: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm dealing with admin stuff
Samuel Asher: [LOCAL-OOC] Its fine
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] then dont aim the gun at us
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] CCA
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] are you even allowed out here
Samuel Asher: [LOCAL-OOC] get back to where we were
Pablo Colins: [LOCAL-OOC] theres not even a JW
CCA.C17-CERBERUS.56132: [LOCAL-OOC] Okay you know what

(Console pics:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/slendercraftxd/screenshot/839209691814093202

Never minge grabbed twice, and never was told I wasn't allowed to S2. I minge grabbed once by mistake and I re did the scene I then me'd it. It could of been before my friend actually re did his me but I don't know.

Last edited:
Don't demote him or give him a strike either, I just want to be unbanned from travelling. You decide though, I can't control.

You got told not to go to S2 until you make contacts, otherwise you'd end up travelbanned because you didn't grasp things and were far better learning the ropes and doing it naturally, as you wanted to.

You then went there with a friend as new as you are (so not an actual rebel who could have helped you) and... yeah, ended up travelbanned and your weapon stripped because you clearly didn't grasp things and it was deemed by all present you should have continued learning on S1.

First of all, I was actually never told not to go S2 if I could have some proof and I already explained how I got the pistol my friend lended me it. And I was just backing him up, I wasn't going to shoot it just aimming.

And also I never minge grabbed twice. I did it once, I Rped grabbed it. It might of been before his /me but I dont know since he re did the me but I have no idea. And I don't need to learn S2 already know enough about it.

First of all, I was actually never told not to go S2 if I could have some proof and I already explained how I got the pistol my friend lended me it. And I was just backing him up, I wasn't going to shoot it just aimming.
You got heavily advised not to go several times with the clear warning you would more than likely end up travelbanned because you weren't ready, and you agreed with this.

Going with your friend who is just as new as you are isn't getting there in a way that helps you and from your actions even in such a basic encounter (including LOOC regarding the unit being there) tells me that the right decision was made.

I actually NEVER was told I couldn't go S2. And if you could show me some proof of you guys saying that, that'd be delightful. You should always have proof before something like this happens. If you don't have proof then I would like to be untravel banned and I will not return to there until a little while. Or when it is said I can return.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:26799849

Anyways, if you really want to take it here then we might as well.

So both you and Potatoo (Also known as Good Guy J) were inside of the building with Samuel approaching the basement. At this point my character emerges from the staircase, holding him at gunpoint. I'm telling him to drop his weapon before the two of you step outside.

After that you...
  • Proceeded to immediately run around all over the place
  • Asked whether or not I'm a real MPF (It's CCA, by the way), telling me that I can't be on S2
  • Immediately mingegrabbed a pistol after it was dropped by Samuel, running around the building in order to get behind me
  • Got physgunned back and told to drop the pistol
  • Did the exact same thing a second time
  • Declared me AFK as I was talking in admin chat, claiming it's in the rules that you can continue on if someone is
  • Continued asking why I was on S2 after I explained that I wasn't AFK, noting the fact that there wasn't a JW going on

After that I removed the pistol from your inventory, gave it back to Samuel, travel banned you and sent your character back to the city so you could hopefully learn something there. If you somehow end up improving you can ask for it to be removed a month or two down the line, assuming you haven't been banned again by that point.

I actually NEVER was told I couldn't go S2.
I remember the conversation in OOC, as does TankNut TankNut in which you got heavily advised to stay away from S2 because you'd likely end up travelbanned and you agreed. You were in your store in D2 at the time, talking, and asked about it in LOOC/OOC because you mentioned you'd find an actual rebel.

Which you then tried to do with the man I now realize to be your friend, who is just as new as you are.

I'm not going to hunt for one minor conversation several staff besides me bore witness to.

Now, you're a good Rper. And I mean that. You're certainly learning and doing well, but you also have to realize that you got travelbanned for the exact reasons people said you would be. You've got a habit of jumping into LOOC when something happens (as you did with Tanknut's rogue) and you instantly berated him for having to go AFK to deal with staff things.

Also all of what the man himself just posted.

This is all stuff that has a far lower chance of happening on S1 and thus is why you learn and grow there. You ran to S2 and instantly managed to get in a bad situation with guns, which is the exact reason we're so firm on travelbanning people if needs be.

Alright let me state my agruement here.

-I ran around the building as you were roleplaying with Samuel.
-I did not ask if you were a real CCA that was Samuel. (And I asked if you were even allowed here)
-Minge grabbed was clearly stated for like the hundreth time it was a mistake we re did the scene
- Did not do the same thing a second time actually, I rped it I have logs
- Did say you say were AFK because you for a minute and you're allowed to countine on if someone goes afk in RP

There was no conversation saying I wasn't allowed in S2 as I said before I would like proof of that, if you do not have proof. It is not my fault it is yours. As an admin you should always have proof.

And I never instanly ran into S2 Iwas actually there for a few hours in the camp and headback with my friend. We had a good RPING experience there I didnt just instantly run into it.

There was no conversation saying I wasn't allowed in S2 as I said before I would like proof of that, if you do not have proof. It is not my fault it is yours. As an admin you should always have proof.
I didn't expect you to demand proof for a conversation that happened two days ago in a ban appeal I didn't expect to have to post in. I'm not going to debate on whether a new player who was doing well was told not to go to S2 so quickly (you were!).

And I never instanly ran into S2 Iwas actually there for a few hours in the camp and headback with my friend. We had a good RPING experience there I didnt just instantly run into it.
Yes but you probably found the transition point with your friend and got there to begin with from S1, which is my entire point.

Anyway this situation - and your quotes above - prove you don't understand enough to be on S2 (let alone know half of our rules) because:

Alright let me state my agruement here.

-I ran around the building as you were roleplaying with Samuel.
-I did not ask if you were a real CCA that was Samuel. (And I asked if you were even allowed here)
-Minge grabbed was clearly stated for like the hundreth time it was a mistake we re did the scene
- Did not do the same thing a second time actually, I rped it I have logs
- Did say you say were AFK because you for a minute and you're allowed to countine on if someone goes afk in RP
- We have a thing called timescale

and

- No, you're not allowed to continue a scene where violence may kick off if one party has to quickly go AFK because that might very well put them at a disadvantage.

Rabid Rabid

Still let alone, TankNut kinda travel banned me with no warning. I have proof of him banning me for no reason, now he could of just sent me back and told me not to go back until I learned instead of permanently travel banning me and was never told me S2. Like I said I am demanding proof, if I do not get proof of me being told S2 is not allowed. So unless I can have proof I am not going to stop replying. I was falsely travel banned and now you tell me I would like a travel unban for the future,

Rabid Rabid

Still let alone, TankNut kinda travel banned me with no warning. I have proof and was never told me S2. Like I said I am demanding proof, if I do not get proof of me being told S2 is not allowed. So unless I can have proof I am not going to stop replying. I was falsely travel banned and now you tell me I would like a travel unban for the future,
You're not getting a travel unban friend, not anytime soon.

Let me make this clear.

You are a good Rper. I've seen you on S1, and this isn't an attack on you. You have potential, and I like you. Please keep playing.

Honestly this situation has only come about because unlike almost any other community you can freely walk to S2 and get in contact with violent situations that require more of a grasp on the rules than most of what S1 does daily.

It's infuriating.

Ultimately though, you clearly don't grasp the rules enough to get into that situation to begin with which is why you got travelbanned and the pistol removed, so it doesn't happen again.

I'm really not that new- Umm... I can't really back anyone up here. He made a mistake and has to go through with what happened... I really was trying to help him out, try to get him good with rebel RP. I didn't push him to do anything before the incident though. He asked where to go and I lead him there, on the way back he fell off the cliff. I kinda pushed him to grab the gun and back me up, but I didn't think he would minge grab the gun. I really think I should have spent more time teaching him to RP. To be clear we were not 'out looking for adventure', we were on our way back to the city, and he fell onto the sand. I really think he was at fault, but the admin was a little quick to travelban him though. I still think he needs a little time off to know whats up and stuff, but a month or two is a little much and is really discouraging to new players. I know this doesn't mean much but... :/

I'll wait for the unban to come round but I am still pissed. TankNut put it in a way that he seemed like he was abusing. He didn't warn me at all so I want to speak with him.

should we be reading you your miranda rights now too?

real quick thing you need to understand right now: there's no universal set of rules and whatever server you came from before this clearly does not have the same rules we do, so stop reading them to us like you're an authority on them.

second, in what community is there a rule that if someone's typing for 60 seconds they're considered AFK? that's what the little icon above their head that says "Typing..." is for, it is there to let you know that they are at their keyboard, typing. That's the exact opposite of AFK in the literal sense. where the fuck did you come up with this nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread