Dunjam

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunjam isn't a new player. To illustrate just how poisonous his attitude was, Bear Frans was only a few feet away from Dunjam's character when they both receiving the same treatment, but Dunjam handled it like an absolute child, and Bear Frans' player went with it, despite having been subjected to an opportunite killing - which, I hasten to add, Dunjam's was not, because we had been tagging along with him for a while.

Right, but I don't think that I should get pk'ed seeing as you both literally began gang-raping us for -NO- reason what so ever.

Superfly said:
Dunjam isn't a new player. To illustrate just how poisonous his attitude was, Bear Frans was only a few feet away from Dunjam's character when they both receiving the same treatment, but Dunjam handled it like an absolute child, and Bear Frans' player went with it, despite having been subjected to an opportunite killing - which, I hasten to add, Dunjam's was not, because we had been tagging along with him for a while.

He'll be punished if he does something similar again. I'm going to give him a chance to change his attitude first though.

Literally gangraping us.

Literally

I was really hoping anyone who reads this thread might find out ICly, but maybe I should elaborate a little seeing as you're waving that particular line of thought around like an eight inch endowment: our characters are part of a group that all kill for different reasons. They are united by the ends, sometimes the means, but not the reasoning behind it all. People get killed for "no reason" all the time, but normally there is in fact a reason behind it all, e.g. the killer is dangerously psychotic.

Superfly said:
Dunjam isn't a new player.

I no dis supahfly

It's just my musings on the negligiance rule in general, not particular to this instance.

someshithead said:
the negligence rule usually hurts newer players rather than old players who probably deserve it.

Note dunjam does this on SRP persistently and, when he's not in this situation, will endlessly mock people who are.

Err... no I don't? You were not involved at all, you are making shit up because you have a grudge over me OOC.

Yeah totally. Where do you think that "grudge" comes from, Dunjam? I don't randomly decide to dislike people, and I don't really hold grudges.

I don't particularly like Superfly but he's a good roleplayer and not prone to doing the things you are accusing him of.

Dunjam, would you go out to scavenge with four strangers who had assault rifles while you had nothing on SRP? It's literally like the same situation.

You pull this shit constantly on SRP and if I had a say in the admin teams decision you'd be permabanned because your attitude is toxic to whatever roleplay scenarios you happen to stumble into.

Fortunately my wishes don't really account for much but all in all he's done this shit time and time again and he can't just keep being slapped on the wrist.

Sheesh, we need to calm down a bit. From what I heard, Dunjam should get a 10-15 hour ban. It's a firm way to say 'DON'T DO THIS' while also keeping him from rage-quitting the community.

I was also there and one of the four 'strangers' in the situation. I can guarantee you right now that we were not communicating OOCly in anyway - we had no reason to as we were all affiliated with eachother before hand and had our IC reasons. Dunjam needs to accept exciting roleplay such as this as it does not always come - instead of trying to wriggle his way out of it by blaming us with OOC reasons.

Only one admin has commented on this? I mean, it's clear this isn't a one-off incident; this guy has a record of being a chronic annoyance. I don't see the logic in going soft on him.

e: I say annoyance, more like actively detrimental to the server.

e2: For crying out loud, he lied about events. We went out twice, not once.

Annoyance captures it quite well, actually, from our perspective. I'm not entirely certain if that's a sufficient basis for a ban, but a slap on the wrist at the very least is necessary.

A little ineffectual, guys... listen to all the people condemning his repeat behaviour, and I know there are more who haven't yet posted in this thread.

i think the only rp ive had with dunjam was when he ran up behind my character while i was typing in an abandoned, quiet area and emoted clobbering me over the head with a pipe in a single sentence literally 5 seconds after i'd arrived ic because my character's name was red (he later complained to an admin that i didn't "play to lose" because i'd taken it as hitting and dislocating my character's shoulder because the emote i was in the middle of detailing had her nearly sprinting, not standing still as he'd assumed from looking at my script-position) then making repeated and incessant grabs for my mutant's facemask to try and get the gas mask script item that he'd been bugging admins for the entire time he's been rping on the server

i guess that's not related though

Mindgame Machine said:
Annoyance captures it quite well, actually, from our perspective. I'm not entirely certain if that's a sufficient basis for a ban, but a slap on the wrist at the very least is necessary.

kick him permanently

Having spoken with Quixotic and a few others, we've decided dunjam will receive a week-long ban. Consistent scriptplaying, evasion of roleplay, and being a general inconvenience to a number of different people are his offenses, and we hope that he'll utilize this time away to reflect on the nature of roleplay. This isn't a matter of winning, of rising to the top and accumulating whatever amount of intangible goods--it's about telling a story collectively, doing so in the context of a universe we're all actively contributing to and helping create from the ground up. The sort of mindset which he breeds is toxic to this project, and isn't the sort we'd like to encourage, nor even actively tolerate. You're more than welcome to return upon the conclusion of the ban period, but we feel it's best if you take some time to earnestly consider your preferences as concerns roleplay and whether or not what we're trying to create is necessarily compatible with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread