Dunjam

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dunjam said:
A 15 pound combat club made for combat, mmm... I dunno. I wouldn't really expect you to find it in the wasteland. Besides, it is voided, Quixotic said that as I should've been in White Harbor at the time.

I did not.

I want to know where they got the club. How they roleplayed getting it, etc.

Fuxx said:
You are asking where they got a blunt object to use as a weapon in the middle of a wasteland that is littered with all sorts of junk.

It's not relevant.

5char

you're picking at straws here dunjam.

Well, where did you get the rebar and stuff? Tree branch, fair enough, and, logs of making it? And how could you have made it so quickly?

Walker. said:
5char

you're picking at straws here dunjam.

Regardless, there's a feeling of fairness involved if the weapon appeared out of nowhere or wasn't roleplayed earlier. It's not a precedent I'd like to set.

Dunjam's character was in the presence of Dutch Vandano, Funkmound's character, when Dutch was playing with the rebar club. This was in the little junk settlement near Victory Courtyard. After that, Dunjam's character actually left and went back to Victory Courtyard. Then he went out a second time with the group, to Beacon, which is where he got battered. So there is absolutely no unfairness in the situation, but for some reason Dunjam thinks so and has seen fit to respond with vitriol and immaturity.

No, no, this was before the incident. Our characters went into the junk settlement near town. To jog your memory a little, Dutch and Birch wandered off and had a little chat; your character hang about with James and Teddy. I remember distinctly Dutch playing with his rebar club inches away from your character, before your character said something along the lines of "Nah, think I'll head back now." It was then at least an hour later before your character accompanied our characters once more, foolishly - again, more reason for your character to be PKed - before finally getting attacked.

Birch was with me the entire time, he was helping me lift the fridge. I am not going to get pk'ed for this, no way. It is stupid, all I did was refuse to roleplay because I shouldn't have been there ICly, and he could've asspulled the club. Give me logs of making it and an admin auth. Also, I only ever went out with you once.

Well, from what I can tell this was a random gang killing and besides the brief interaction his character had with gang members, Dunjam didn't have much stake in the matter. Therefore I believe Dunjam's character should be NLR'd since any other person who followed them would have likely had the same fate.

The avoidance and excuses surrounding the roleplay are not acceptable though. Dunjam should not try to escape the roleplay just because it's not going his way or because he thinks he should have been somewhere else. If he does this again then he will be banned for it. Please heed this warning, Dunjam.

Quixotic, he lied. He went out with us twice, on two separate occasions.

I think you just
BWQRb.gif
yourself in the foot.

This "I was meant to be there" stuff is total bullshit. Furthermore, it wasn't a random killing, all four of our characters groomed him so we could eventually execute him. His character displayed extreme negligence, negligence which I think is grounds for a permanent kill. For crying out loud, Dutch was constantly playing with his club and the guy didn't bat an eyelid.

Bear Frans deserves a NLR, which we were all happy to give him, because he stumbled upon us while our characters were at Beacon. That could be defined as a random killing.

My position on the matter stands. Other admins are free to disagree.

"Negligence" isn't enough for a PK imo.

And what about his awful attitude towards character death? In the midst of all the profanity, he did sneak in, to paraphrase, "[you're powerless], I can just NLR" - subtext in brackets. I think this, and his character's extreme negligence, warrants a permanent kill, as well as some kind of OOC punishment for his terrible attitude. You gave him a warning, but does such vitriol and stupidity not provoke more than a slap on the cheek?

What about the fact that he lied about events, saying that his character only went out into the Wasteland with our characters once? Or perhaps Dunjam just forgot about three quarters of an hour's worth of RP?

I think that robbing someone and brutally beating them from 20 meters in a small camp is negligence. Also I never saw anything about him playing with his club.

Superfly said:
And what about his awful attitude towards character death? In the midst of all the profanity, he did sneak in, to paraphrase, "[you're powerless], I can just NLR" - subtext in brackets. I think this, and his character's extreme negligence, warrants a permanent kill, as well as some kind of OOC punishment for his terrible attitude. You gave him a warning, but does such vitriol and stupidity not provoke more than a slap on the cheek?

What about the fact that he lied about events, saying that his character only went out into the Wasteland with our characters once? Or perhaps Dunjam just forgot about three quarters of an hour's worth of RP?

This is not SRP. Negligence doesn't have as heavy a stake in whether a character permanently killed. Truth be told the negligence rule usually hurts newer players rather than old players who probably deserve it.

Also Quix is letting Dunjam off way, way too easy.

Our characters outnumbered yours four to one. They had been travelling for quite some time, waiting for the opportune moment, and still, all alone, miles away from any settlement, they were still cautious about doing the deed. That isn't negligence.

I don't know what to say to that last sentence. He did it three or four times by my count. Most of us have developed a habit of reading what others type.

This is not SRP. Negligence doesn't have as heavy a stake in whether a character permanently killed.

Why?

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
This is not SRP. Negligence doesn't have as heavy a stake in whether a character permanently killed. Truth be told the negligence rule usually hurts newer players rather than old players who probably deserve it.

Also Quix is letting Dunjam off way, way too easy.

It was the first day. I'm reluctant to ban anyone considering all of the mistakes that happened then. The best thing Dunjam can do at this point though is stop fighting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread