Cup

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

Stalker Enthusiast
May 12, 2012
Players Name: Cup

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14508597

Reasons for ban: Breaking every single rule of the CCC section. Constant abuse of observer flags for spying on RP, minging builds, and harrassing members of the community. Multiple cases of obstruction of RP and refusing to RP. Breaking the IC/OOC wall, especially in cases sincere and grave as PK situations. Lying to admins. Refusing to abide by the rulings of administrators on several occasions. General antagonism.

Proof:
http://taconbanana.com/vb/showthread.php?58245-Cup&p=452572&viewfull=1#post452572
http://taconbanana.com/vb/showthread.php?58166-An-intervention
6ba51137b0.jpg

What would you like to see improved: Give Cup a break, from the server and the forums, for at least a month. The longer, the better.

This is one of the only ban requests I will actually post on.

I agree with all of the wanted reasons for the ban. There's nothing more to say.

I support this, mostly for the same reasons mentioned above. So nothing more really needs to be said, I feel.

Honestly Cup has become increasingly irritable and has become intolerable, your overall behavior is detrimental to the community imo.

+1
When Cup and I agreed to void the situation of Jax and Fox (which there was about 4 CCCs about mind you) His character would constantly antagonize mine to try and give him a reason to go for a PK again. He's not above baiting somebody into RDMing him and then claiming they should be banned.

I'm sure Pirate can attest, but in situations with people he's biased against, he likes to powergame and then when an argument breaks out, he takes it as far as he can, goes for as long as he can until he either wastes hours of everybody's time, or has the other party give up.

The universe. #Bancup2k14

Take a break Cup, get some good ideas for your CCC's that can benefit the community.

Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, no.

It's not bannable.

e; OP has been edited. Breaking the rules in the CCC section warrants a forum ban, not a server ban. My only comment on the rest of it is provide proof if you want it to be legitimate.

He's annoying, yes. He's frustrating, yes. He complains, yes.

None of these things are bannable. if he spams G-OOC with bullshit, you mute him. If you don't want to hear his complaints, don't read them. If his threads annoy you, don't view them.

It's not hard. To ban him would be an exercise in tyranny.

That said if he does offend, his attitude DOES stack against him.

Walker. said:
Before creating a CCC, consider these:

- Is the issue something that needs to be brought public and cannot be sorted via talking to someone on steam/forum PM's?

- Is the issue genuine and not something trivial?

- Will you achieve anything other than forum drama by posting this CCC?

- Do I have any specific examples of the issue to mention?

It is very important you think about these before you post. Remember that your personal feelings to the issue at hand may intervene with its actual substance and content. Remember that what you might think should be reported, really shouldn't, and is a trivial matter.

What will get your CCC deleted without notice:

- You having failed to consider the above.

- Flaming, snide comments at individuals/groups. Keep your tone apathetic and get to the point.

- Absurd statements, substanceless opinionated claims.

- CCC's created to mock something/someone.

What will get your comments on the CCC infracted and removed:

- Irrelevant, off topic statements.

- Autoplays.

This obviously doesn't cover all but use common sense. Here are the structures.

Constructive criticism is key.

Does his threads break any of those rules, yes? Then maybe a ban should be put out.

But I don't think he should be banned.

Reasons updated. Clavier, revise your post.

And Drakens, with all due respect, you have no business here.

You're entirely uninvolved with SRP as a whole and are far too inactive to even begin to consider yourself well-versed in the day-to-day happenings.

His constant abuse of observe, toolgun, and the BassTest entity are entirely bannable, especially since he refuses to obey the admins when they tell him to stop.

Before creating a CCC, consider these:

- Is the issue something that needs to be brought public and cannot be sorted via talking to someone on steam/forum PM's?
No.

- Is the issue genuine and not something trivial?
No.

- Will you achieve anything other than forum drama by posting this CCC?
No.

- Do I have any specific examples of the issue to mention?
Usually only one.

It is very important you think about these before you post. Remember that your personal feelings to the issue at hand may intervene with its actual substance and content. Remember that what you might think should be reported, really shouldn't, and is a trivial matter.

What will get your CCC deleted without notice:

- You having failed to consider the above.
He has.

- Flaming, snide comments at individuals/groups. Keep your tone apathetic and get to the point.
He does.

- Absurd statements, substanceless opinionated claims.
These too.

- CCC's created to mock something/someone.
More often than not.

Okay, Deekay. Check any and all of his CCCs and you'll find this an incredibly accurate assessment of his contributions.

Please ban him from the forums for these reasons, and we will continue to press for him being banned from the server.

In multiple instances that I've been involved with Cup he has full-stop refused to roleplay or allow anyone else nearby to roleplay for up to an hour, completely grinding everything in the area to a halt over something incredibly stupid, just because he's able to. He's a blatant troll and I don't know why he's been allowed to play for as long as he has.

No, he doesn't technically break any rules. Instead, he abuses loopholes and allowances given to inconvenience as many people as possible for as long as possible as frequently as possible. Cup's characters are tools that he uses to wedge himself into roleplay situations and piss everybody off.

I shouldn't have to remind anyone that he was permabanned from TRP for exactly the same shit he does here after they finally figured out he was doing it on purpose, not just because he's an idiot. The small slaps on the wrist he gets currently aren't going to teach him because he's not trying to learn - Cup gets his kicks by fucking with other people and causing chaos for as long as possible while pretending to be innocent.

pirate said:
In multiple instances that I've been involved with Cup he has full-stop refused to roleplay or allow anyone else nearby to roleplay for up to an hour, completely grinding everything in the area to a halt over something incredibly stupid, just because he's able to. He's a blatant troll and I don't know why he's been allowed to play for as long as he has.

No, he doesn't technically break any rules. Instead, he abuses loopholes and allowances given to inconvenience as many people as possible for as long as possible as frequently as possible. Cup's characters are tools that he uses to wedge himself into roleplay situations and piss everybody off.

We banned Asterisk and he didn't technically break rules but he became that much of a problem, it's nothing new tbh.

Reasons continue to be updated as more accounts arise, the most important coming directly from admins.

Please keep checking the OP.

Jesus Christ, I thought this thread was a joke. Cup doesn't really do enough to warrant being banned, calm down. There's a point where things are taken too far, and we've reached it.

If there's an issue with Cup's abusing toolgun/observe, then have an admin remove both. It's not that hard.

Fyeonthetoilet said:
If there's an issue with Cup's abusing toolgun/observe, then have an admin remove both. It's not that hard.

And lying to admins? Breaking the IC/OOC wall? Refusing to RP?

Fyeonthetoilet said:
Jesus Christ, I thought this thread was a joke. Cup doesn't really do enough to warrant being banned, calm down. There's a point where things are taken too far, and we've reached it.

The bottom line is Cup has become very good at twisting the rules to ruin the fun for others, which in itself isn't against the rules but it's plainly contrary to the reason the rules exist. In however many years he hasn't changed this behavior and it's caused significant damage to many of the roleplay situations he embeds himself in. I honestly am fully pro-permaban on this one and I typically do not agree with permabans for any reason.

He does also break many rules himself as mentioned above, but usually does it in a way that either makes it incredibly difficult to point out how or why, or in a way that leaves no direct evidence.

IE refusing to RP, "I'm not refusing to RP, I'm just trying to figure this out..." when there's nothing to figure out and he repeats it for 30 minutes after having the situation explained to him multiple times by multiple individuals. Then an admin says "he's not refusing to RP, he's just confused!" or otherwise doesn't bother banning because they know his unban appeal will twist everything around and there's no way to prove definitively that he was refusing to RP.

Another recent example: in one of his ban requests against me and a few others, he accused me of doing things he knew I didn't do (because I wasn't on the server at the time those things happened), deliberately took screenshots at angles that made it look like we were very close to the town when in fact we were behind the empty ecologist bunker, etc. and took so many that it looked like we had been at it for a long long time when in reality the fucking-around lasted about 2 minutes. This is manipulation of evidence, which, while not strictly outlined in the rules, is certainly bannable.

pirate said:
The bottom line is Cup has become very good at twisting the rules to ruin the fun for others, which in itself isn't against the rules but it's plainly contrary to the reason the rules exist. In however many years he hasn't changed this behavior and it's caused significant damage to many of the roleplay situations he embeds himself in. I honestly am fully pro-permaban on this one and I typically do not agree with permabans for any reason.

He does also break many rules himself as mentioned above, but usually does it in a way that either makes it incredibly difficult to point out how or why, or in a way that leaves no direct evidence.

IE refusing to RP, "I'm not refusing to RP, I'm just trying to figure this out..." when there's nothing to figure out and he repeats it for 30 minutes after having the situation explained to him multiple times by multiple individuals. Then an admin says "he's not refusing to RP, he's just confused!" or otherwise doesn't bother banning because they know his unban appeal will twist everything around and there's no way to prove definitively that he was refusing to RP.

Also, in one of his ban requests against me and a few others, he accused me of doing things he knew I didn't do (because I wasn't on the server at the time those things happened), deliberately took screenshots at angles that made it look like we were very close to the town when in fact we were behind the empty ecologist bunker, etc. and took so many that it looked like we had been at it for a long long time when in reality the fucking-around lasted about 2 minutes.

You're making it sound like Cup is some manipulative evil genius that doesn't play by the rules. Yeah, maybe he bullshits now and again, but that's why you just avoid him whenever you can. And, maybe, not give him reason to make accusations in the first place.

However when Cup asks for pk auths on Raspbizzle's character for the reason "He shot a trader in the face in town." Without mentioning at all that it was over a spawnable radio dupe- even though that was the driving factor of the whole conflict... It's borderline lying to administration.

Reasons updated as per Drakens's request.

He's still got a case more severe than Clavier's.

If he's lying to administration, then it should be handled by the administration at the moment it happened, or was revealed he was lying. Bringing it up now does very little good. It'd be comparable to me bringing up the many times pirate committed RDM now, and requesting punishment for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread