Baron Bombast (Duke Gordy)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
combinekyle6892 said:
and then one person takes it upon themselves to rdm a group of people, half of which weren't even involved, just happened to be where said bombs were. then proceeds to blab his pretentious elitist ass into thinking he did nothing wrong.
Also yeah. The person who did the bombing can fuck right off.

Kiako said:
It's not "turtle RP", it's a person selling something besides script items. The person isn't running from area to area asking roleplayers if 'u wun buy tortoise', but rather owning a knick-knack shop that is selling plushie toys, likely with other things as well. I hardly doubt that the Universal Union is going to descend from the havens and say 'no, plushies aren't allowed', especially if CPs in the area haven't cared either.

tl;dr a player is sell non-script items and people are getting angry about it.
I couldn't care less if somebody's selling non-script items, but do you really think that

1) The UU would allow people to be self-employed as Plushie makers, or staff Plushie-producing factories?
2) That the starving, overworked, tired citizens would find the free time or desire to do any of this (over, say, scrounge together their next meal?)
3) That anybody with the skills and materials to make plushies wouldn't instead use their skills and materials to make something useful, like gloves, warm hats, or knit socks?

The reason I, as a unit, didn't do anything about it ICly, is because like I said, it's so beyond unreasonable for the set and setting that I can't see it as anything other than mingery - and treating it ICly would be a complete joke.

combinekyle6892 said:
and then one person takes it upon themselves to rdm a group of people, half of which weren't even involved, just happened to be where said bombs were. then proceeds to blab his pretentious elitist ass into thinking he did nothing wrong.

Also @Lawence this isn't about the tier of roleplay. But what Baron Bombast did in retaliation to disliking what he saw.
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I saw you being equally stupid in the crowd. Everybody I saw was waving turtle props around in the air and throwing them at each other and at things. If you were just a hapless, meandering passerby, I apologize - but having to respawn is hardly the worst thing that ever happened to you. You've spent more time being butthurt about it in this thread than it took you to respawn and get back to whatever you were doing.
This isn't about retaliation, this is about how minging in response to minges isn't a bannable offense.

I have heard nothing of you actually taking the time to explain in depth, I talked to them since then and they have agreed to not do so again. I actually explained the parts of the setting that would not make sense to them and they listened to me. The only things I saw of you prior were that you called them stupid and then set up a watermelon stand just before the minging hour began. The only thing I am being told is that you called them a minge, tacked on lol and said the prop was the mingiest prop on the server.

They are a reasonably able to put effort into their roleplay unlike so many others selling certified items.

I am not defending the selling of them, I am however not condoning the action of an individual that blew up a good dozen characters, some of which were not involved in the incident at all.

I would suggest the CP SqL’s be told to shut down things similar to this in some form or another if it is not to be accepted as I am willing to bet this won’t be the last incident of its type occurs. Particularly if admins and CP willingly interact with these kinds of places without any second thought considering more than a few people were customers.

The blowing up of the region was utterly uncalled for. The topic also is not about the turtles themselves, it does not justify things.

I did yell at the people throwing the turtles around willy nilly, since I was waiting for a CP to crack down on that since when people do that with a basketball it gets cracked down.

Gurne said:
ah lads leave it ye
Until this happens to the people who have/control/influence power then they get to administer the ban-hammer how they pleased. But since it happened to several non-elitist/low-tier community members, no actual good response is being issued.

personally i think a market economy is egregious enough, but a market economy where plushies are openly sold strikes me as being a whole new level of what the fuck is wrong with you people

plus most stalls and/or business flagged characters are little more than glorified ass-spawning of props or scripts to make credits to then spend on ??????

Sounds to me like these are shenanigans typical for the dying off-peak hours of the server, I mean I've done much worse when it's obvious people are about to get off and arent really rping anymore tbh

also we're not taking a fucking plushie store thing IC and if you defend it you're pretty dumb...

yeah this is standard offpeak mingery, it's really not anything exceptional and i don't know why people seem to think it is, and it's certainly not like any actual serious rp got disrupted so far as i can tell

Xari said:
Sounds to me like these are shenanigans typical for the dying off-peak hours of the server, I mean I've done much worse when it's obvious people are about to get off and arent really rping anymore tbh

also we're not taking a fucking plushie store thing IC and if you defend it you're pretty dumb...
Again, this isn't about the turtles. The turtles started it, yes. But what it is about, is Baron Bombast maliciously RDM'ing several players because he disliked something. Regardless of 'off-peak' hours.

combinekyle6892 said:
Again, this isn't about the turtles. The turtles started it, yes. But what it is about, is Baron Bombastic maliciously RDM'ing several players because he disliked something.
This is an extremely slanderous thing to say. I'll repeat myself:

This isn't about malicious RDM because I disliked something;

this is about how minging in response to other minges is not a bannable offense

The error here is thinking I am defending the plushie sales. I had more or less ignored it ICly out of my disagreement. Hell, when I first saw it I was wondering if it was really one of my damn applicants. It should have been shut down by a proper method rather than an action that destroyed unrelated roleplay.

The first time I got blown up I was just outside of D1 heading for the CCH-D completely away from the zone of roleplay relating to them, the second time I had actually gone to get Crystal, the character in question for a sewer sweep with some on the job training. A fully IC thing that is not anywhere near selling plushies.

You through creating this incident destroyed what was a chance at actual roleplay going into the night into what is normally minging hours. To add on to the comments about minging hours when they are in effect it is common sense to not do so near people who are actually roleplaying.

They have shown the capacity to learn and they like many others should not be just shit on by the old boys system defending other old boys. Admin kidnap them and give them a talk, actually do something to build community rather than allow attacks on new players that could someday actually learn to be damned good writers.

A Bag of Minges said:
this is about how minging in response to other minges is not a bannable offense

And who in their right mind thinks that is a good idea?

idk it would be pretty hypocritical of me to do anything about this, last week on some night around this same hour i demonstrated to the remaining players how deadly the hunter npc's are, and wrapped up by setting up a nice strider vs rebels thing in the plaza, it was pretty hilarious hehe

Xari said:
idk it would be pretty hypocritical of me to do anything about this, last week on some night around this same hour i demonstrated to the remaining players how deadly the hunter npc's are, and wrapped up by setting up a nice strider vs rebels thing in the plaza, it was pretty hilarious hehe
Admin-Approved for demonstration purposes.

The only thing Baron demonstrated was his autism level reaching critical.

combinekyle6892 said:
Admin-Approved for demonstration purposes.

i don't see how the difference between an admin or a regular player doing it determines if it is a good thing or autistic mingery, other than the obvious fact admins can basically do whatever because they're admins

strikes me as rather sychophantic, actually, which shouldn't surprise me since this is tnb after all

shotcopper 9000 said:
i don't see how the difference between an admin or a regular player doing it determines if it is a good thing or autistic mingery, other than the obvious fact admins can basically do whatever because they're admins

strikes me as rather sychophantic, actually, which shouldn't surprise me since this is tnb after all
Xari wasn't 'doing whatever because he is an admin' He said he was demonstrating something to somebody. They all agreed on it and nobody got wronged. Causing no problems.
That's not the case here. This player did do whatever he wanted, and people were wronged. Caused problems.

There is a difference.

Sorry, I've been given a condump of the plushie roleplay, and it has been brought to my attention that this is what I interrupted:

Ernest Hemingway raises the plushie in his hands, considering it thoughtfully...
Ernest Hemingway: Plushies bring so much courage to this world the world has to blow them up them to break them, so of course it blows them up. The world bombs every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it bombs.
Ernest Hemingway slowly sighs as he takes a sip of his Mojito
Ernest Hemingway: It bombs the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will bomb you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway extends the plushie out to Herman
Herman Melville: Towards thee I reach, thou all-destroying but unconquering plushie;
Herman Melville takes the plushie, looking longingly into its button eyes
Herman Melville: To the last I snuggle with thee; from heaven’s heart I kiss at thee; for love’s sake I yawn my last breath at thee.
George Orwell looks up from his two plushies,
George Orwell: All plushies are equal, but some plushies are more equal than others.
Feuer, if you were just walking from point A to point B, I did nothing more than inconvenience you. I did not go out of my way to target you, I was not stalking you with dynamite around every corner - and if you were just walking past a bunch of minges with turtles, you clearly weren't actively in any actual roleplay. Get over it.

And who in their right mind thinks that is a good idea?
Who in their right mind thinks that minging among minges is worthy of a ban, or even of longwinded shitposts?

JURY now has standing orders to RDM anyone setting up turtle stands on sight.

E: In all seriousness. This reeks of someone who wants to assert some measure of perceived authority trying to sling some justice around when it's late at night and people were clearly minging about...

Lawrence said:
it's not favoritism to allow a grace period for behavior that's relatively out of the norm of what's expected for a person, after all popo was unbanned
: D

Spartan5150 said:
JURY now has standing orders to RDM anyone setting up turtle stands on sight.
aye aye skipper

tbh this whole situation is massively blown out of proportion

combinekyle6892 said:
Admin-Approved for "demonstration purposes."

fix that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread