Baron Bombast (Duke Gordy)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Legend
Dec 9, 2014
Players Name: Baron Bombast (Duke Gordy)

Steam ID: 11731689
Reason for ban: Managing to exploit some mechanism to spawn in TNT/Some explosive prop when people were roleplaying to some extent at least.

Proof: http://puu.sh/gesK6/06e8f6c452.png
http://puu.sh/gesOf/9e3cb951a5.jpg
(The bomb is in this image, you can see the name there. Its welded to the plushie and made invisible, kind of a round object about midway up in the air. Forgot to screenshot while it was highlighted but I was focusing on removing it before it went off.)
http://puu.sh/gesRp/a29f45190d.png
You can see his bomb prop in here as well as the logs of those killed by him. He was on the catwalks using what I assume was AdvDupe to spawn them down into the street.

What would you like to see improved: I would like them to either be affected by a temporary ban or have their ATT stripped.

Other users in the past when they found an exploit to create a large detonation (The Torpedo) have suffered permabans, yet in this case Duke was told to stop by Vorti. I hold that this was not enough of a punishment. I understand and kind of agree with the dislike of plushies and feeling they are out of theme for the universe which I will do my best to implore upon the individual selling them however this does not excuse spawning bombs and randomly blowing up people who are roleplaying.

If the rules to have meaning they must be followed regardless of whom violated them. We recently had an issue where people were abusing new players, they were punished as well they should yet we all know more people than them do it, they were just the people who had a thread made on them. Crystal, the plushie salesman is kind of new to the server and I have taken them into SMU and hope to get them more into the setting understanding. The plushie sales can be voided in total since it was a fairly minor RP thing. However blowing people up is not so harmless as a bad salesman. Some people were trying to roleplay, sure it was not the best but it was still roleplay. I was walking up to roleplay in a situation utterly unrelated to the plushie situation even if some people were involved in it that I intended to interact with. It by its nature destroyed the roleplay and was to an extent picking on a new player as I doubt that he took the time to explain the full reason why it was kind of, well, stupid to sell full on plushie stocks.

I would like to see an end to the situation where people who are at least putting effort into things are not seen as able to be bombed with only a slap on the wrist and an “If you do it again”, people should face some concrete punishment. I am not advocating for a permaban but rather a short ban or the removal of their ATT. Something to set home the lesson of not doing this.

Crystal is new to the server, when I am done typing this I will try to fully explain why what they did was illogical to the setting. I would also like to point out that any cultural events like those several SqL’s are endorsing for the Red Dragon would be put down, nobody would want them to paint lanterns as that would be individualism and expressing non transhuman culture. You don’t see them getting bombed. (I know the Red Dragon individuals are not angels of good behavior but still they work for this example.)

The TL’DR of this is that I would at the least like to see his ATT gone for a period of time or a short ban, even a day or so one would do to make the point. I do not feel Vorti telling him to not do it again was enough as it kind of seems like favoritism.

Admins do dumb things like this all the time. They can't be expected to punish people for actions they condone.

That's just illogical.

it's not favoritism to allow a grace period for behavior that's relatively out of the norm of what's expected for a person, after all popo was unbanned

You'll have to pardon me if I mistake serious roleplay of a caliber as high as selling turtle plushies from a storefront with "PLUSHIE" written on it in laser rope tool and then tossing them around the plaza with "E" for minge hour in the plaza. I have difficulty believing that anybody could honestly consider that to be "serious RP" - especially since Crystal had already been told previously, last night, by others (including myself) that it was, rather bluntly, utterly mingey. Having had this explained and doing it again only leads to the logical assumption that either the player doesn't care that they're mingey (as in, they're natural mingebags), or the player is having some fun by minging around and doing unserious RP.

Mingery begets mingery. I have never denied that I enjoy a good bout of minging, and nobody should be surprised that somebody who goes by the name "A BAG OF MINGES" may on occasion be a minge, especially when prompted by a mingery in the plaza. Framing this in the context of Big Bad Bag of Minges spammed dynamite and blew up our roleplay is extremely misleading.

I do not deny that I did infact spawn an explosive turtle which triggers by way of a player attempting to pick it up. Why did I do this? Because there was a crowd of mingey players crowded around a mingey storefront selling mingey turtles, picking up the turtles and throwing them in the air, at each other, and around the plaza.

In other words, I was a minge among minges.

1y6yaYA.jpg

I support this request.

I can say I purchased a turtle, and roleplayed throwing it up a wall and catching it. Not mingery if you ask me, but simply using the prop/environment to display what my character was doing ICly.

The man accused Baron Bombast disliked our passive roleplaying, and decided to use his Tool Trust to weld a bomb to a turtle, color it invisible and place it down in front of the characters near the kiosk. He then detonated it resulting in several people getting RDM'd.
nn195h.png

Regardless of the turtle fiasco, anyone involved were not breaking rules. The turtles might have been out-of-canon, but the person selling them is new, and mroe than unlikely unaware.

But Baron Bombast did break rules here.

He clearly violated the

Universal Server Rules
(Rules that apply to all servers.)

• Metagaming, deathmatching, propsurfing, propkilling, and similar media of mingery are obviously not allowed.
  • Trolling any community will result in a ban
It might also fall under__

• Flaming or harassment of other players is not permitted.
  • Any action with the sole purpose of disrupting roleplay is strictly forbidden and may lead to harsh bans

I also might add that regardless of your opinion on the roleplay that was going on, it does not clear you to break server rules.
Also a weeks ban off ATT is basically a warning. The maliciousness of this event calls for something more like a months ban. Enough time for them to get all the autism/pleb/sub-human attitude out.

A Bag of Minges said:
You'll have to pardon me if I mistake serious roleplay of a caliber as high as selling turtle plushies from a storefront with "PLUSHIE" written on it in laser rope tool and then tossing them around the plaza with "E" for minge hour in the plaza. I have difficulty believing that anybody could honestly consider that to be "serious RP" - especially since Crystal had already been told previously, last night, by others (including myself) that it was, rather bluntly, utterly mingey. Having had this explained and doing it again only leads to the logical assumption that either the player doesn't care that they're mingey (as in, they're natural mingebags), or the player is having some fun by minging around and doing unserious RP.
Mingery begets mingery. I have never denied that I enjoy a good bout of minging, and nobody should be surprised that somebody who goes by the name "A BAG OF MINGES" may on occasion be a minge, especially when prompted by a mingery in the plaza. Framing this in the context of Big Bad Bag of Minges spammed dynamite and blew up our roleplay is extremely misleading.

I do not deny that I did infact spawn an explosive turtle which triggers by way of a player attempting to pick it up. Why did I do this? Because there was a crowd of mingey players crowded around a mingey storefront selling mingey turtles, picking up the turtles and throwing them in the air, at each other, and around the plaza.

In other words, I was a minge among minges.

lol turtle bombs. should of done it ic

not enough grim dark

we need more c4

can we start another deathcult boys? deathcult vs turtles

maybe we'll make a plushie full of c4 and toss it into the stand

can we get PI auths on everyone near the stand and make it IC?

combinekyle6892 said:
[background=#252525]Universal Server Rules[/background]

(Rules that apply to all servers.)
  • deathmatching

This one rule alone covers nearly everybody in the community. Lets ban everyone.

Crystal is a new player among the community, one that I have personally Roleplayed with and seems fairly competent at the basic concepts, and probably someone we want to keep around. I do agree that selling plushie turtles in the city is a pretty mingey thing to do, but you know what? Brennan Travis bought one. I interacted In Character with something that was actually handled quite well by Crystal, despite the fact the premise for the Roleplay was pretty strange. Civil Protection could have just closed it down, and told her it wasn't OK, but they didn't. Instead you blew them up with a bomb Out of Character.

At the end of the day, you know better BoM, and we can't play favorites. This is a new player who we need to educate on the follies of Roleplaying with Turtles, and if your problem was so great, you're a unit. Just close her down IC and destroy the damn turtles.

I am in support of a temporary ADV TT ban of one week.

seal your capitalisation of entirely random words makes me cry salt tears

SealGunman said:
This is a new player who we need to educate on the follies of Roleplaying with Turtles, and if your problem was so great, you're a unit. Just close her down IC and destroy the damn turtles.
Honestly, the idea of selling cute turtle plushies in the gritty post-apocalyptic setting of totalitarian, dystopian HL2 is so beyond reasonable, that I think it'd equally unserious to treat it ICly and shut it down on my unit - such a thing could never and would never happen in C17.
Do you want me to treat minges building kleinerlabs ICly as well? Shut down their labs, destroy their kleiner servers, and haul them off into the nexus?
Do you want me to treat minges punchwhoring ICly as well? Roleplay beating them down with my baton and arrest them for assault?
Suggesting that any of this should have been taken ICly is a joke. TnB has never exactly maintained a high standard of roleplay, but this is just too stupid to even entertain.

I think it's been a long accepted notion in this community that when the mingery on the server is at critical mass (Say, for example, Six players on an 11 player server throwing around turtles in the plaza), that it's pretty much OK to let mass mingey ensue until everyone's had their fill of being minges.

Oh, and allow me to reiterate:

SealGunman said:
This is a new player who we need to educate on the follies of Roleplaying with Turtles.
This is a new player who I, among others, went out of my way to educate her on said follies.
Like I said, if somebody continues to do that, either they're natural minges, or they're intentionally being unserious.
Besides that, isn't it your job as an admin to do this, instead of condoning it by entertaining such a retarded roleplay?

A Bag of Minges said:
This is a new player who I, among others, went out of my way to educate her on said follies.
Like I said, if somebody continues to do that, either they're natural minges, or they're intentionally being unserious.
Besides that, isn't it your job as an admin to do this, instead of condoning it by entertaining such a retarded roleplay?
cursing at the new player, and calling him a fucking minge is not educating

Wait, are you seriously defending turtle selling RP? Then defending them on the merit that "they are a good RPer" What the fuck has this place come to.

Soren said:
cursing at the new player, and calling him a fucking minge is not educating
I had previously explained that selling plushies is unfit for the environment after expressing my disbelief that they were actually RPing it. When I recieved a retort to the effect of "Well I'm doing it RPly anyway," I felt that this was a natural and not inappropriate reaction. Sorry if I'm too thorny for your taste.

I thought it was a joke? I could take it as a one-time joke thing like when she put it in the mail chute yesterday but turtle RP is so fucking stupid I'd find and kill her myself.

Like mate you don't need to be brutal to the player but tell them in strict terms to stop selling turtles and if they don't then make it clear by showing what exactly would happen if you sold plushies in a totalitarian state.

Spartan5150 said:
Wait, are you seriously defending turtle selling RP? Then defending them on the merit that "they are a good RPer" What the fuck has this place come to.
no im attaacking cursing out new players, lol

It's not "turtle RP", it's a person selling something besides script items. The person isn't running from area to area asking roleplayers if 'u wun buy tortoise', but rather owning a knick-knack shop that is selling plushie toys, likely with other things as well. I hardly doubt that the Universal Union is going to descend from the havens and say 'no, plushies aren't allowed', especially if CPs in the area haven't cared either.

tl;dr a player is sell non-script items and people are getting angry about it.

Kiako said:
It's not "turtle RP", it's a person selling something besides script items. The person isn't running from area to area asking roleplayers if 'u wun buy tortoise', but rather owning a knick-knack shop that is selling plushie toys, likely with other things as well. I hardly doubt that the Universal Union is going to descend from the havens and say 'no, plushies aren't allowed', especially if CPs in the area haven't cared either.

There are no children. Where is he getting the plushies? Why would he have them? How would he have them? What purpose does it serve when no one would buy the plushies?

This isn't RP. He's just spawning himself turtles and selling them. It's not some sort of massive disaster but don't treat this as actual RP.

This isn't to say he can't have his fun every now and then. But treating plushies as a legitimate thing in-universe, unironically, is stupid.

Now if he were selling old plushies to be used as cushions, stuffing, or firestarters then that would actually be interesting and creative. But he's not.

Kiako said:
and then one person takes it upon themselves to rdm a group of people, half of which weren't even involved, just happened to be where said bombs were. then proceeds to blab his pretentious elitist ass into thinking he did nothing wrong.

Also @Lawence this isn't about the tier of roleplay. But what Baron Bombast did in retaliation to disliking what he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread