Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of getting things together for ZRP we feel that we need a new banner to better depict what we're actually about. That's why in conjuction with the writing contest I'm gonna hold one for our site's top image:

The criteria is that it has to include current and upcoming settings, meaning ZRP and PHL2, as well as TRP. It also has to be 1200 x 220. You can include easter eggs if they're subtle so be as creative as you want.​

First prize is a $60 steam game of your choosing.

Runner up prize winner gets unrestricted access to the Quiet model on any setting. I'll show you my spider pictures too.

The contest will conclude on the 25th August, upon which the administration will pick the best one.

Post your submissions here.

BRIM BONUS: SUBTLY ADD THIS PICTURE OF MY FACE INTO YOUR BANNER SO ITS BARELY NOTICEABLE AND I WILL BUY THE WINNER AN EXTRA GAME.

6TphWtv.jpg

Last edited:
left is zrp, middle is trp, but what's the right one
it's supposed to be phl2 using concept art of ep 2. (i think) of a guy standing under a collapsed piece of combine tech
59VpZ8e.jpg

It's hard to get all the details in this small frame while giving everything the spotlight it deserves

I'm on team Newticus now, but I'd love to see Koumakan's with fading or merging images rather than overlapping as well as the brightness balanced out. I think that Newticus should frame the PHL2RP image more to the right to take advantage of the original's centerpiece, the layered view down a street. Also the guy looks kind of silly looking off the end of the banner. Also maybe it would all go together nicely if it were colored yellowy like the other two rather than blue?

qe0dLAz.png

It's nearly impossible to get all that shit in the frame while still maintaining some scale. This is the best I could do. I might rework it completely here in a while, but I did a few minor tweaks that should improve the overall quality.

i like that a lot actually but i think the font needs to be different

i like the foreground but the text makes me feel like if i click on it it’ll lead me to the app store to buy some mobile RTS war game

Just for accuracy it should probably say TacoNBanana and I agree with smaller text but I like the font.

8sIRt2O.png
I'm not gonna put taco n banana when the current banner says taco and banana

Playing around with fonts and sizes. Opinions?

e;
wrong image at first, woops

i had a wip banner i made for when i thought tekka was 'Right Around The Corner' but instead of reworking it i'll prob just make a new 1
c64b42f2d9.png

opening up photoshop right now!!!!

Last edited:
my offer is not a joke

if you want an extra game of the same value place my face into your banner and win

for some reason i'm upset that i can't find brim yet

anyways, i really like koumakan and newticus' entries, or at least his most recent one. the reason for that is probably because they blend ever so slightly instead of just being chopped off by a border, which is likely personal preference due to my personal belief of being a collective community instead of just separated by servers.

That's an interesting thought. Koumakan and Newicus also have similar art styles across the three which I think really gives it a uniform look and makes you forget that it's three unrelated images glued together.
Since the banner is for the whole community, I'd like to petition that it's voted on by all members rather than exclusively admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread