Ban Request Lyudmila Nikolaya

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

New Blood
Jul 6, 2012
Players Name: Lyudmila Nikolaya
Steam ID: Don't know
Reason for ban: Deathmatching
Proof: Scrolll!
What would you like to see improved: Honestly, just not get involved in things that you haven't been paying attention to.

Here's what happened. My buddy and I just got done robbing some chick named Esme, it was role-played well and you can ask her if anyone knows him/her. My friend and I see this chick we know and I lightheartedly started to chase her with fists out. This guy Adrian Monk (he's somewhat new) gets in our faces, telling us to "back off and up yours".

We decided that we would do what we did with Esme, lure him off main street to where would could rob him. He follows for a bit before taking off to the nexus, so we followed. Now, when he ran off, maybe 3-4 punches were thrown with maybe 2 landing. We ran back toward the Nexus, as no CPs were around and I started to swing punches in the air toward Adrian (was a good deal away from him while swinging). At this point my friend roleplayed shoving him which is seen in the SS.

At that point this Lyudmila Nikolaya girl goes into local OOC to her friend Viktoria, asking if she can "oocly RPK us all". First off what was happening was in character and being roleplayed. As I said, most of the punches were not landing and it's not like were were spamming it around, chasing him constantly.

She comes back with an RPK on main street, shooting all three of us, killing us for no reason.

What I want improved? Firstly, if it's an in character situation, such as us brawling on main street, it is not up to you to "oocly" deal with it. Get CP in character, not an RPK. Second, you're not an admin, see something or someone breaking the rules (which we weren't) call an admin.

To save space, here is the album on Imgur with all relevant screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/Q8K9S

What this sounds like is that she assumed you were minging since all she saw was two people chasing someone around with their fists out, punching wildly with no emote of the punching, and took it into her own hands. Although vigilante justice usually isn't allowed around here, I'd assume there weren't any admins on at the time (or not many units for that matter, if at all).

Is this a confession to minging while reporting another minge you don't like? Should we get a second ban request up for this one or is an admin just going to act on it

E; Alright apparently not as mingy as I came to believe, but mingy none the less. You don't lightheartedly throw punches at someone you know nor walk around with your fists raised or even assaulting someone by throwing them. You're supposed to RP them not actually chuck them

Wait, when did this happen exactly? lol

E: You're pretty fuckin' mingey judging by the chatlogs in the screenshots.
Nowhere in the logs does it show any attempts at emoting a mugging or anything. Just Al powergaming and shoving her.

DTBWolfie said:
That sounds mingey as hell, running around with your fists out. This hole thing sounds like a mingefest, honestly. You also have to roleplay/emote punching someone, not just start swinging your firsts. She probably assumed you were just punchwhoring, thus killing you to stop it.
Realistically it wasn't the entire time I had my fists out and regardless, we were not close enough to punch one another and it clearly shows us in a fighting stance when we have fists out, which is why they were kept out. As you can see, my friend role played shoving Adrian and that was the only punch that landed, if im not mistaken.

"She probably assumed you were just punchwhoring, thus killing you to stop it." My point exactly. It's not up to her to decide what to do IF someone WAS punchwhoring, which was not the case. She wasn't involved yet got herself involved, for no reason.

I'm not necessarily looking for a ban but there isn't a 'request a player to be punished section". Pulling an RPK and "handling" the situation was not appropriate by any means.

karkatsface said:
I see the OOC, It happened at around Midnight or one-AM today PST. There were about four units on in total at the time, I believe FP was there but he was tired.

Well, in a world called TnB we get many minges, people who run around with their fists out. The fact that there was no emote probably is why she assumed so. Obviously gunning you down wasn't right the first time, and she should have PMed you first. However I'm just trying to point out that even if you're chasing someone you should never raise your fists (let alone at all, really) because people assume the person raising their fists is a minge.

karkatsface said:

Nowhere in the logs does it show any attempts at emoting a mugging or anything. Just Al powergaming and shoving her.
You're not an admin and not even reading correctly. We weren't shoving her and we didn't powergame shit. You can literally shove someone before they do something, it happens all the time and when he was shoved, is when he was punched, once.

We had not gotten to the mugging yet, so yes, I am so mingey. We were GOING to mug him, we didn't ATTEMPT to, yet. We aren't going to rob him on main street, the point was and it worked in the beginning, was to get him to chase us, but he realized what was going on and ran back to the top of the hill seen in the SS. We continued to argue and insult one another, as seen, with the comments, before we were gunned down.

Now if you aren't an admin and can't read some basic points, I suggest just leaving this alone.

karkatsface said:

Shoving someone is not power gaming, btw. "/me pulls out his pistol and caps you in the head, rendering you limp and PKd until appeal" is powergaming.

Unless you're a kung fu master no one is going to deflect an abrupt shove, and it's pretty harmless anyway.

**Al shoves adrian.
**Adrian falls backward before regaining his balance and shoving back.
**Adrian then pulls out a pipe and domes Al with it before stealing all of his credits and banging his girlfriend.

Tell me which part was the powergame action.

Providence said:
Shoving someone is not power gaming, btw. "/me pulls out his pistol and caps you in the head, rendering you limp and PKd until appeal" is powergaming.

**Al shoves adrian.
That's powergaming, also. You would have to attempt. What if whoever was controlling this "Adrian" wanted to move out of the way just as he reaches up to shove? You can never force something on a character (obviously admins are an exception to do because they can do what they want regardless).

This thread is turning into a shitfest so I'm going to refrain from posting. But players are allowed to voice their opinions on ban threads, just to let you know. Getting mad over someone's opinion will just show immaturity which looks poorly on most people, just saying.

As for the screenshots and everything else, it's not really enough proof to get both sides of the story. I doubt this request will even end up with anything substantial other than a locked thread. Hopefully both parties involved learn from this experience.

Providence said:

**Al shoves adrian.
Powergame is forcing actions on another player, like '/me hits *character* with a pipe'. There's no attempting, it's just auto-hit and forced to react. Which is why we try to strive to attempt most of what we do and limit it all. Not like three attempts in one /me but like '/me steps up behind the man, attempting to pat him down.' or '/me tries to swing a right hook to the man's gut'

Fireside90 said:
Powergame is forcing actions on another player, like '/me hits *character* with a pipe'. There's no attempting, it's just auto-hit and forced to react. Which is why we try to strive to attempt most of what we do and limit it all. Not like three attempts in one /me but like '/me steps up behind the man, attempting to pat him down.' or '/me tries to swing a right hook to the man's gut'
Power game is not the issue here. If a shove is powergaming, then jeez, everyone is power gaming at some point or another during their roleplay. Shoving someone two feet in front of you is different then swinging an object. Have you been shoved in real life, have you been able to see it coming and effectively prevent it? It was "Al shoves Adrian" not "Al shoves Adrian to the floor", literally all Adrian had to do was /me stumbles back a step. So much powergame.

To be clear there was no punch whoring. Maybe 2 punches landed, didn't know I had to make a /me to hit someone everytime, been a long time since I have been here, but I am no minge and regardless of how it looked, having your fists out in this situation was appropriate. He had his drawn, so did I. It was clearly an in character grievance against another. Should have been dealt with that way, instead it turned into a DM fest with an RPK.

The issue is the DM, not me having my fists out or a simple shove, it's the deathmatch. File a report if there's a real issue with my roleplay, but don't take the attention off the real issue.

In regards to my first post about chasing someone lightheartedly with my fists, we were in the same TS channel, it was late, we saw one another I chased her a bit (15 steps) and then Adrian gets involved and tells me to back off ICly, so we took it ICly.

Just so you know, if you every try to RP punching someone in the future, /me instead of using the first SWEP.

Any time I see someone with fists raised, I just assume that they're about to start punchwhoring.

tbh if he does /me shoves the man the other guy could just do like /me managed to step out of the way

attempting isn't exactly something you need to put in every single emote, it's implied

spamodamm said:
Just so you know, if you every try to RP punching someone in the future, /me instead of using the first SWEP.

Any time I see someone with fists raised, I just assume that they're about to start punchwhoring.
Will keep that in mind next time I intend to punch someone but if that's the case then why even bother making it possible to unholster your hands if you can't ever use them.

You guys were all dumb, honestly. I was on and building something, and not a single call over admin chat was made (despite me, as always, keeping my badge visible to show that I'm on). If you're going to fight someone, it's better to not use your fists SWEP because it just leads to confusion like this. You certainly don't go chasing someone down main street with your fists out, swinging because "no CPs were around." Just like any other server and any other time, even if there's no units on, you can assume that the city would have constant patrols and cameras at all time, meaning you can't go assaulting someone out in the open.

The use of the fist SWEP is controversial and sometimes it's allowed and sometimes it isn't (although it really shouldn't be used too often). Ignoring this whole argument about powergaming, which I'd probably side against Providence and Smoke on (even if it's such a simple gesture), I removed Dream's RPK last night because we do not tolerate players taking "administration" into their own hands. This was a constant problem with pirate, and I do not want people continuing that sort of behavior.

Smoke said:
Power game is not the issue here. If a shove is powergaming, then jeez, everyone is power gaming at some point or another during their roleplay. Shoving someone two feet in front of you is different then swinging an object. Have you been shoved in real life, have you been able to see it coming and effectively prevent it?

To be clear there was no punch whoring. Maybe 2 punches landed, didn't know I had to make a /me to hit someone everytime, been a long time since I have been here, but I am no minge and regardless of how it looked, having your fists out in this situation was appropriate. He had his drawn, so did I. It was clearly an in character grievance against another. Should have been dealt with that way, instead it turned into a DM fest with an RPK.

The issue is the DM, not me having my fists out or a simple shove, it's the deathmatch. File a report if there's a real issue with my roleplay, but don't take the attention off the real issue.

In regards to my first post about chasing someone lightheartedly with my fists, we were in the same TS channel, it was late, we saw one another I chased her a bit (15 steps) and then Adrian gets involved and tells me to back off ICly, so we took it ICly.
No, I know there is no issues with the shove and the issue isn't of powergaming. I was just commenting on a misinterpretation of Powergaming for Providence. And to be clear, I do believe you have to emote all of your actions. Throwing a punch in an In-Character fight has to be emoted in character too and attempted.

The random kill is someone taking matters into their own hands when no admins were on the handle the matter. It's what people usually do when Minge Hour rolls around, and despite the screen shot with your friend saying otherwise it was active. We had about two other either VERY in-experienced RPers or minges who went from selling augmentations to selling drugs to kidnapping people by locking them in the rooms which isn't allowed.

There was only one admin online and I think he was multi-tasking. But admins always say do not take matters into your own hands, How ever both sides here were in the wrong as the in-character/RP fight wasn't being done as it was supposed to and even the one you were trying to fight was also someone who I think switches RP suddenly and meta-games. So all sides in this were wrong and none were more wrong than others.

DTBWolfie said:
That's powergaming, also. You would have to attempt. What if whoever was controlling this "Adrian" wanted to move out of the way just as he reaches up to shove? You can never force something on a character (obviously admins are an exception to do because they can do what they want regardless).
If he just said something along the lines of "/me shoves Adrian." that wouldn't really be powergaming. Like raspberry said, there's always a chance for him to counter. Just think of all the RL ways to counter shoves, there are plenty.

If he said something more like, "/me shoves Adrian, pushing him down to the ground." that would be a clear example of powergaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread