b0tz - RDM [Resolved]

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
defnotpirate said:
What are you doing lmfao you're making a great point on botman's behalf I'm sure he's very appreciative

In case it wasn't obvious, I think this ban request is ridiculous. It's an awful attempt to pitch someone under the bus when to outside observers he behaved in a fashion that is perfectly reasonable.

Johannes Cabal said:
If you want to hold someone responsible for "RDM" when it is clearly not "RDM" and you want an official stance on what happened when its obvious to someone who wasn't in the server at the time that shots were fired, a CP went down and clean up crew rolled in and a guy who wasn't AFK tagged at all got gunned down. A /ban/ request is not the correct course of action. Being an icey twat to the man who was playing his character and acting well within his rights isn't the way to solve the perceived problem either.

So, why couldn't Bot here just... Y'know, rp it... See Pirate wasn't responding, push him aside with a tea kettle and inform him of what happened while he was afk ?

Ashes said:
So, why couldn't Bot here just... Y'know, rp it... See Pirate wasn't responding, push him aside with a tea kettle and inform him of what happened while he was afk ?

Which is the correct thing to do, as established by multiple precedents...

Like I said, there was apparently no attempt to communicate after it was apparent that the person was utterly idle and not responding to S2M fire meant to be a visual representation that pirate's character was getting shot at.

I really don't care if Bot if banned or not and I don't have anything against him, but I think what he did was rather poor and it was aggro as fuck. There could of been other possibilites than just pirate being afk, because he probably could of been standing still because he was typing up an action or dialogue.

Botman said:
I don't know how to respond to this right now, as it seems rather blown out of proportion. I would suggest not walking so suspiciously around units when they're under stress. I didn't have a chance to communicate and if any it was slim. It's just NLR anyway.

I don't know about you guys but warning shots should consider as some form of roleplay even if it's not text. Text isn't applicable in every every situation. I would prefer not to get banned over something as petty as this and there really isn't anything more I can say about this matter now. For some reason I'm starting to wonder if you people are just out to get me because I'm SeC. I'm hesitant to agreeing to phrases like "there was no RP" as it was more like there wasn't on defnotpirate's part.

On my part due to being AFK I was in no position to deliver RP to you. I was far enough away from the happenings that whatever RP I /may/ have done would have been irrelevant to it anyway.

I don't know about you guys but warning shots should consider as some form of roleplay even if it's not text. Text isn't applicable in every every situation.

no, but the formality of even a paltry "/ev A series of shots are fired off at the woman." would be appreciable compared to a simple bullet. using your swep is not roleplay by any means.

Johannes Cabal said:
In case it wasn't obvious, I think this ban request is ridiculous. It's an awful attempt to pitch someone under the bus when to outside observers he behaved in a fashion that is perfectly reasonable.

Outside observers including... I'll make a list:

1) Johannes Cabal
2)

Nobody else seems to be of the opinion that he was within his rights to gun me down, whether it was technically RDM or not in their eyes.

Botman said:
I don't know how to respond to this right now, as it seems rather blown out of proportion. I would suggest not walking so suspiciously around units when they're under stress. I didn't have a chance to communicate and if any it was slim. It's just NLR anyway.

I don't know about you guys but warning shots should consider as some form of roleplay even if it's not text. Text isn't applicable in every every situation. I would prefer not to get banned over something as petty as this and there really isn't anything more I can say about this matter now. For some reason I'm starting to wonder if you people are just out to get me because I'm SeC. I'm hesitant to agreeing to phrases like "there was no RP" as it was more like there wasn't on defnotpirate's part.

Wait, wait wait. Hang on, if what Pirate said is true, he was some considerable distance away and he made no effort to move after you sprayed around his legs (or around him, I am unsure as to what a warning shot is to the people involved) why didn't you just walk up and ask if he was afk? I've done it in the past when I was a unit, I'm sure most people have. And why didn't you try rping with him? This is an RP server after all.

For me it looked like she was moving slightly. It looked like she was ignoring it. I can't prove it but that's what it looked like. I don't deny it was aggressive, but I didn't really do it for fun or pleasure or anything like the sort of thing you would expect from RDM.

I don't plead any guilt or anything like that but I can certainly agree it was a misunderstanding. Now really, I don't want to put more effort into this video game argument (I hate saying it like this but I'd rather do other stuff than than this right now).

I don't think this ban request should be accepted but I think it should be used as a lesson in trying to keep interactions between roleplayers in the CCA and the citizenry fair and understandable.

Tbh it's nothing big.

Botz should apologize and pirate shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread