b0tz - RDM [Resolved]

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

friend
Sep 8, 2011
Players Name: b0tz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11060199
Reason for ban: I minimized while standing a goodly distance from a CP who had gotten mugged (after running and getting him help). When I tabbed back in, b0tz had RDMed me. b0tz had made no attempt to RP with me, he simply shot me with an MP7 (which I assume wasn't a one hit kill, so he must have hit me several times and not once would I have responded since I was minimized).
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/6Ttx4Uu.jpg
What would you like to see improved: I'd like to see him not rdm people, particularly me.

Additionally, he informed me that he is allowed to RDM people in this lovely PM exchange.

[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] would you like to explain
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] why you saw fit to rdm me?
(no response from him, so I threatened to post this thread, which got him going)
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] okay, then i'll post a ban request
[PM from UU.C74-SeC.33970] you were standing there, fired warning shots.
[PM from UU.C74-SeC.33970] being witness to a unit down.
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] my game was minimized
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] you rdmed me
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] you didn't try to rp it
[PM from UU.C74-SeC.33970] I didn't know you were tabbed.
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] oh okay so that makes it ok to rdm me
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] neat i'll remember that next time i see a unit standing there and not responding to the rp i didn't attempt to establish
[PM from UU.C74-SeC.33970] I can kill bystanders.
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] not without rp you can;'t
[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] that's what makes it rdm!
[PM from UU.C74-SeC.33970] not trying to be an asshole, but I do that.

[PM to UU.C74-SeC.33970] okay, well i'll make sure your testimony finds its way into the ban request

I'm posting this thread because the admins on the server refused to respond to my !as.

ICly a SeC can kill any citizen or unit on the spot without any explaination. And Bot also said that he didn't know you were alt-tabbed.

I'm not disputing his ability to kill people in character. However, he opted not to attempt to roleplay it. He also claims to have fired warning shots; if I didn't move following those warning shots, and continued staring in the same direction (as I would have, since I was AFK) surely it would be obvious that I was afk whether he had attempted to roleplay it or not?

Additionally, the unit wasn't dead - I only saw a unit get injured, not killed, and I was the one who called it in to get him help.

That doesn't give one person permission to just kill someone else. No matter who they are. Your saying that he can not RP and he can just kill people right on the spot, he didn't even attempt to RP or tell him to get going or to even help, he just walked up and shot him. He obviously wasn't moving so he must have been AFK.

Please don't twist my words. I didn't say that I can RDM people in that PM, I wrote it quick as I was busy with roleplay business.

I didn't know you were alt-tabbed and it was perhaps a bit rash, but lots of citizens don't move after warning shots. I think I fired two times first, then one more time directly in the waist or something, then the fourth time I killed the character. It was perhaps a bit harsh, and I apologise for that, but it made sense IC to get rid of witnesses and potential dangerous people considering many units got shot and mugged in the same hour.

In any case, I did not mean to PK you or anything, but to be fair it's more your fault than mine for not being present in the game. I can't read titles and names from far away and I don't know if it was lagg or anything, but it looked like you were moving slightly. So there was no way I could tell you were tabbed out -- plus your character had been walking around a serious crime scene for a minute or something quite suspiciously and that stare just triggered it.

The bottom line is that I had no intention of RDM-ing anyone, it was an IC course of action after quite serious events. I really don't want to go around and shoot people but sometimes it's rather necessary.

There's a difference between murdering someone in-character and then chewing them up and spitting them out at spawn with a swep.

I'm fairly certain S2K'ing unarmed citizens (which I'm sure can be safely roleplayed with without fear of a firefight) is leaning over the RDM line, especially when they're AFK.

There apparently was no effort to communicate with roleplay or some other medium like PMs or LOOC until after pirate got back and found his character a corpse.

How come I'm the only witness who was gotten rid of, then? It only makes sense to get rid of one witness? The one who reported the problem in the first place?

I witnessed this kill and I don't think he should be banned for killing you. The scenario and everything, him not realizing you being alt tabbed. I don't think he should be banned, and I don't agree for you being pk'd over this.

Yeah, Can an admin please clarify weather or not people are allowed to just kill people with No RP? I really want to hear this one before I go on my massive rant on how bull crap that little rule is. Especially with situations such as this.

I'm fairly certain they aren't since last time I did it I got banned for a week.

e: and they tried to kill me first

While it's entertaining to watch someone twist BotZ words, it's fairly obvious that within the context provided he was stating it is within his right to execute citizens who witnessed heinous shit. Not "I'm permitted to RDM". Lets be real here because what you are attempting to do isn't rad at all.

Posting a ban request because you didn't get your way and made the mistake of going afk/alt tab without titling it. While being in the wrong place at the wrong time is in no way Botmans fault.

I didn't twist his words, I posted them exactly as they came to me after being RDMed while AFK. He already established that he didn't attempt to read my title, hence it wouldn't have made a difference if I had titled being afk.

You're attempting to dismiss this as "not getting my way." Well, no, I didn't get my way, and I feel that my way being not gotten was due to a violation of the rules - as with every other ban request. Inevitably, if someone has broken the rules, someone else "didn't get their way."

lonewolf1925 said:
Yeah, Can an admin please clarify weather or not people are allowed to just kill people with No RP? I really want to hear this one before I go on my massive rant on how bull crap that little rule is. Especially with situations such as this.

Also threatening to go on a massive rant won't do anything other than prove that pitching a tantrum when you don't get your way because mom says you can't have candy. Botman didn't say he was permitted to "RDM" people. Keep in mind he plays the Sector Commander and your citizens are insignificant specs to a man with such power. Squashing you out because you bore witness to again heinous fuckery is well within reasonable.

I can't believe you guys are still missing the point.

Nobody cares what the IC motive was or isn't or if it was justified.

It's the way it was carried out.

Muzzy said:
I can't believe you guys are still missing the point.

Nobody fucking cares what the IC motive was or isn't or if it was justified.

It's the way it was carried out.

If you want to hold someone responsible for "RDM" when it is clearly not "RDM" and you want an official stance on what happened when its obvious to someone who wasn't in the server at the time that shots were fired, a CP went down and clean up crew rolled in and a guy who wasn't AFK tagged at all got gunned down. A /ban/ request is not the correct course of action. Being an icey twat to the man who was playing his character and acting well within his rights isn't the way to solve the perceived problem either.

Johannes Cabal said:
Also threatening to go on a massive rant won't do anything other than prove that pitching a tantrum when you don't get your way because mom says you can't have candy. Botman didn't say he was permitted to "RDM" people. Keep in mind he plays the Sector Commander and your citizens are insignificant specs to a man with such power. Squashing you out because you bore witness to again heinous fuckery is well within reasonable.

What are you doing lmfao you're making a great point on botman's behalf I'm sure he's very appreciative

Johannes Cabal said:
If you want to hold someone responsible for "RDM" when it is clearly not "RDM" and you want an official stance on what happened when its obvious to someone who wasn't in the server at the time that shots were fired, a CP went down and clean up crew rolled in and a guy who wasn't AFK tagged at all got gunned down. A /ban/ request is not the correct course of action. Being an icey twat to the man who was playing his character and acting well within his rights isn't the way to solve the perceived problem either.

That isn't what happened at all so it's not that clear to you I guess

Maybe it's better for you to just shut the fuck up

He shot a player who was standing idle without roleplaying with them.

Are you starting to piece it together?

I'll help you along further because you're clearly not understanding where I'm trying to lead you with this and it's pretty infuriating.

I don't know how to respond to this right now, as it seems rather blown out of proportion. I would suggest not walking so suspiciously around units when they're under stress. I didn't have a chance to communicate and if any it was slim. It's just NLR anyway.

I don't know about you guys but warning shots should consider as some form of roleplay even if it's not text. Text isn't applicable in every every situation. I would prefer not to get banned over something as petty as this and there really isn't anything more I can say about this matter now. For some reason I'm starting to wonder if you people are just out to get me because I'm SeC. I'm hesitant to agreeing to phrases like "there was no RP" as it was more like there wasn't on defnotpirate's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread