Roster Admin Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I resign.

I've been thinking this decision over for a while and I'm not interested in holding a position in HL2 as an admin anymore.

I'll not be leaving the community. I'll still be around. I think that I'll have better experiences on the server in the future if I was a player. See you.

bloo:

Hi all,

Not necessarily sure how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I'm finished with this whole thing, I guess. I spent some of the better parts of my adolescence here and I loved every minute of it. For me, it was a way to get away from life and hide in a way. It isn't that easy. Life seeped into the place I used as an escape and hit me. It hit me hard.

I've experienced a lot of grief here - but I won't act like it was all bad. I really enjoyed it, it was the funnest thing ever. I should've went awhile ago, I've had so much stress over this place. It really isn't just as simple as roleplaying. I've had so much fun talking to people and meeting people, and I've felt a lot of emotions while being apart of this whole thing. Serious depression, real happiness, all that shit. It was life.

Anyway, I think I've stayed long enough. One of my posts was me ranting about how I feel like I'm wasting time and it was just a big existential crisis thing, and that partly contributes to this decision I guess. I do too much thinking for my own good I've been told. I intend to stay gone, so I just want everybody who looked out for me and took care of me to know I really appreciate you. Stay well. If you really really want to, you can keep in contact. You know where you can find me.

So, yeah, take care of yourselves. I'm glad that I could spend that portion of my teenage years hanging out with you guys. Writing the stories I did was so awesome.

Oh, I forgot about this one.
LOA 3-8 October. Gonna chill out last time before the uni hits.

So I owe an update as to why I've been so spotty recently (no I am not resigning).

Since february this year I've been going through a shitty family crisis that isn't going to recover but recent developments - which is why I went on LOA to begin with - means my time online isn't something I can take for granted as I used to be able to even a few months ago. I now have to be a lot more 'ready' to jump in and help at literally a moments notice and requires I be able to pull myself away from whatever I'm doing oftentimes without telling anyone.

This isn't helpful for getting yourself involved in complex plots or even being able to passive consistently without having to dart away and makes events almost impossible unless I get lucky. It also means almost all the personal plots I had have since fallen away in the past two months and in general have made it really hard for me to get back into things, especially on James.

You add that on top of real life coming first and my 'IC' presence has fallen by the wayside as what time I get to myself is usually either relaxing because stress or doing something entirely different from RPing.

Hopefully this'll ease up into a routine and in the meantime I'm still staffing behind the scenes and stuff; I haven't entirely vanished. This is just an explanation.

I forgot to post here again. I have had to do a lot of stuff for uni, met a lot of nice people in my new department, etcetera. I'm not going to be on the forums or the server as often as I was. If you need help then feel free to hit me up, but I won't be online very often.

I've been contracted by the National Guard and I am slated to go to 11B OSUT (basic and AIT mashed together) training on the 8th of January at Fort Benning, Georgia. Unfortunately, my mother does not support my decision to improve myself as a potential officer by going through the enlisted experience and going SMP and I have been disowned. I will not be permitted to return home and will likely have a majority if not all of my possessions sold. I must spend the next three months dedicated to bettering myself in preparation for OSUT. I wish you all the best in the closing of this iteration as well as your own personal lives and I hope to return to you as a hard charging Infantryman.

my endless LOA continues again
i'll be even less active for a while (probably until january) bc im drowning in exams and family stuff

back

i step down from my ivory tower, though. i've lost interest in hl2 and maybe even rp as a whole (but probably not) so i don't really think it's fair to keep my position any longer. i'm not leaving the community because you guys are still a family away from family (is that a thing?), but i don't see myself being too involved in hl2 anymore.
i can't say i'll miss the endless uphill battle of trying to improve something that does not want to be improved, and i really won't miss having to pause my rp every five minutes to tend to someone elses problem. you guys should be glad you don't know what leading a faction on a rp server is like, or how stressful it can get.

anyhow, worst case, i'll see you on the server when tekka's out! otherwise, probably when i feel like hopping on hl2 again.

this isnt a goodbye so idk how im supposed to end this mini-reflection so ill just go ahead and

Rabidedit: ;-; no
necedit: you'll always be my fellow cabalist, godspeed
DiBedit: um no get back here

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to a combination of exams, holiday festivities, and friends / family all coming around at the same time, both online and not, I haven't had much time to dedicate myself to the server. I kinda realized this a week ago, but I've been so caught up in it all, and in catching up with old friends, that I've neglected to actually make any official announcement to my LOA - so, I apologize on that front.

Consider this my late, but still currently-valid LOA announcement; I'll be online if anyone needs me, but due to time and system limitations, I won't be able to get on Garry's Mod until the 2nd of January (give or take a day). By then, I'll be fully committed to the server again as things quickly quiet down around me.

Happy Holidays~

loa loa loa loa I'm going to Ontario for 10 days, don't try to reach me for administrative assistance while I am displaced and cumming hard in Canada.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread